Thursday Night Football 12/29

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

All games. 

So many mid QBs have been just prutidly awful: Carr, R. Wilson, Murray, Prescott, Stafford, Tannehill. 

Then you have Brady/Rodgers who have not been great. 

Even the top QBs haven't operated at as high a level. Allen/Mahomes are right behind Carr for Ints. 

I feel like we're starting to see defenses catch up to the offenses out there and learn how to defend these newer  offensive "geniuses" out there. 

Yeah a ridiculous amount of bad games and sloppy football......there was a time not long ago I was pumped to watch any NFL game now I'm barely paying attention or excited unless it's the Jets on.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

A standings quirk, but the game means absolutely nothing to Tenn.  Win or lose tonight, they need to beat Jax next week to make the playoffs.  

I guess that is why Henry is not playing.  Which makes sense for the Titans.

• Upvote 1

What's that thing, when a QB throws the ball no where near the WR, or even way out of bounds and the call on a defensive player who bumps him.  

It eludes me.  

I mean if you can't catch the ball, why call it.  

What's it called again?

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

All games. 

So many mid QBs have been just putridly awful: Carr, R. Wilson, Murray, Prescott, Stafford, Tannehill. 

Even the top QBs haven't operated at as high a level. Allen/Mahomes are right behind Carr for Ints. 

I feel like we're starting to see defenses catch up to the offenses out there and learn how to defend these newer  offensive "geniuses" out there. 

could coincide with the refs playing loose on defense this year. lots of contact with the secondaries with very little flags thrown.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

All games. 

So many mid QBs have been just putridly awful: Carr, R. Wilson, Murray, Prescott, Stafford, Tannehill. 

Matt Ryan 

1 hour ago, Coquito said:

Joshua Dobbs did not play bad considering he was on another teams practice squad a week ago, and Dallas blitzed the living shiz out of him. 

No INT's, 1 TD, QB rating of 67.5

He should get the start against the Jags for the division title next week. 

he looked better than Willis.....Willis looks Wilson bad.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coquito said:

Joshua Dobbs did not play bad considering he was on another teams practice squad a week ago, and Dallas blitzed the living shiz out of him. 

No INT's, 1 TD, QB rating of 67.5

He should get the start against the Jags for the division title next week. 

Guys like Dobbs, Geno Smith, Mike White show what you can ge if a player sits for multiple years in the nfl, practices, absorbs and learns and are ready to at least be semi competent.  Pretty well ever new QB is rushed when they are not even remotely ready.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Guys like Dobbs, Geno Smith, Mike White show what you can ge if a player sits for multiple years in the nfl, practices, absorbs and learns and are ready to at least be semi competent.  Pretty well ever new QB is rushed when they are not even remotely ready.

That has been my opinion for years, especially now where so many QBs come out a year early.  QBs used to have 35-40 starts in college, now its closer to 20.

I'd be happier taking players in the 2nd and 3rd, and trying to develop them rather than taking one top 5 and hoping for the best.

• Upvote 3