Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

So, is the case in me that I characterized JGB’s early play as townish, because he got a big head last game as cop and probably drew a basic role this time and thinks he’s got it all figured out?

I mean assuming he’s town is logic based on math. The characterization is entirely informed by him acting like Mr. Big britches after the last game. I voted him as a dick punch for what I viewed as him playing like a town clod. It was like page 14 and I was not taking the game as seriously as the rest if you. 

That’s all there is to it. Everything that has come after is narrative built around ‘how I play as scum’… and it’s really not accurate.

I mean, you can say, “you always do that as scum” when wanting to undermine someone in mafia. Rarely does it need to be true. I feel like verbal has been gaslighting me and the rest is just puzzling.

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I don't believe any of your posts today have made me feel as if you are town aligned. If you have some you'd like me to look at again, I will. 

In what way? Explain, please. This is just a blanket statement otherwise.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

No, I made only 1 "him or him" statement.  For you guys, I offered 3 possibilities, and added you into my WTL just in case.

Not sure where any OMGUS from me comes from, unless you're talking about something else and I missed it.

We were both voting for you and in fact the only two voting for you at that time, no? Someone else even called it out yesterday lol

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Interesting since I gave @JiFields the credit for last game after others called me the MVP.

Omg dude, it’s not interesting. In the last game you came away with a clear air of thinking this was simpler than it is. Had nothing to do with credit… everything to do with first impressions.

ffs

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Omg dude, it’s not interesting. In the last game you came away with a clear air of thinking this was simpler than it is. Had nothing to do with credit… everything to do with first impressions.

ffs

Shrink28 has spoken :D 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

@Leeelou

Good morning Lovely. I went back and looked at your pudding like I said I would. Lots of fence sitting and fair amount of just commenting on other people’s game play. His opinion of the JGB thing evolved enough to put him in his top three  but then voted Verb. Not sure what it means but my observation none the less. 

I don’t know if intentional or not but you’re literally leaving out the part where you quoted me as saying the grossest thing all game was Verbs either or. Verb then doubled down by either oring me and Stark, the two people voting him.

I continue to say jgbs play was pro scum and I’m fine lynching him. I don’t want to lynch ape, so if it’s close I’ll be moving to jgb. Through where I am now doesn’t appear anyone is actually moving to verb so it’s a wasted vote for today, but I’ll see where the rest of the catch-up lands

Vote verbal 

His case on me is wrong and bad. The way he’s pursued me has felt like gaslighting more than being interrogated… which is a hallmark for scum being evasive on providing substance and not being able to mimic town perspective.

I think he saw me putting around and talking in circles and decided to shoot his sh*t, because cutting down the egotistical ape is good sport.

I also don’t like some of the other amateur strings of logic he’s tried to insert into the game.

• Haha 1

I rarely try to connect players anymore, but I do still like my theory that verbal went at me specifically (I like to argue) to diffuse the train in jgb. So, if it comes to deadline, I’m okay moving my vote there.

I know, I know… “how scummy”. GFY

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Shrink28 has spoken :D 

Are you done trying to catch scum now? Like you did whatever it was that you did in like page 3… then crawled into your shell and stopped interrogation and hunting?

That to me is the bigger indictment of your intent. More so than the silly Barry stuff.

• Haha 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Are you done trying to catch scum now? Like you did whatever it was that you did in like page 3… then crawled into your shell and stopped interrogation and hunting?

That to me is the bigger indictment of your intent. More so than the silly Barry stuff.

same with @Greenseed4 

going to be a long couple hours

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

As I said I’ve been in marathon meetings last two day out of town. You know this.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

either or

not either or but pairing players again

I mean another either, neither or both. 

either or.

NO JGB on this list

Still talking about @jgb but he's n ot on you r willing to Lynch list or whatever you want to call it

yes you did ... up 4 posts... you may not have said "it is either stark or avm" but you clearly did group us in an either or, both or neither.

maybe you need to remember what you type considering we can pull the quotes.

so why no JGB in you r willing to Lynch list?

I mean, at best he’s chalking it up to semantics..

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

@Hal N of Provo - noobish

@Arsis - sk’ish

@JiFields - townish but ping’ish

@The Crusher - townish

@Integrity28 - pingish

@Stark - pingish

@jvill 51 - pingish

@Beaver - should die’ish

@jgb - townish 

@Pac - should die’ish 

@BallinPB - should def die’ish 

@Lurker89 - townish 

@Barry McCockinner - should die’ish 

@HessStation should die’ish 

@Drums - should die’ish 

@Jets Voice of Reason - should die’ish 

@Verbal - townish but ping’ish 

@Bleedin Green - townish 

@Smashmouth -greatish 

@Leelou - ping’ish 

@Greenseed4 - townish 

@AVM - ping’ish 

It’s impossible to read a bunch of these that are just sitting around. Hard disagree on Verb, moderate to strong disagree on Leelou, JVoR pinged with a vote earlier (yesterday?)…

why ping on leelou? I have thoughts, but town thoughts

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Oh, I get that it's scummy.  I'm ok with that.

A vote on me I can appreciate - no issue from me, here.

I mean at this point I’m starting to think you want to be lynched lmao

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I rarely try to connect players anymore, but I do still like my theory that verbal went at me specifically (I like to argue) to diffuse the train in jgb. So, if it comes to deadline, I’m okay moving my vote there.

I know, I know… “how scummy”. GFY

I kind of glazed over the sh*t talking first time through, but yeah. Reading back this all feels like deliberately trying to poke the Ape:

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

Dude, you're the one who literally brought up the topic of 10 year old meta, are you insane?  I'm just hoping you're trolling me, now.

I bet you called your shot in the scum thread:  "watch this, I'm going to push Verbal back and just get him lynched because I can".

How close?

Are there other people in this fairytale world of yours?

...that was aimed at me because you realize I've got you by the balls.

Stage 5 clinger, folks.  Now he's stalking my content.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AVM said:

I mean, at best he’s chalking it up to semantics..

It’s impossible to read a bunch of these that are just sitting around. Hard disagree on Verb, moderate to strong disagree on Leelou, JVoR pinged with a vote earlier (yesterday?)…

why ping on leelou? I have thoughts, but town thoughts

I mean at this point I’m starting to think you want to be lynched lmao

I said JVOR should die’ish, not pinged bc I have no read on him. Leelou is probably in my top 3 maybe 5 ish and has ping’ed a few times.  Not voting Barry remark and Ape train bc Verb then only gave a reason which was the same as ours a few pages after the fact. Almost like a little lazy then needing to cover tracks. You’ve pinged a few times too although it was more nuance like you were or are posting from the fray. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jvill 51 said:

I kind of glazed over the sh*t talking first time through, but yeah. Reading back this all feels like deliberately trying to poke the Ape:

Good faith question: by poking you mean reaction testing?

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

In what way? Explain, please. This is just a blanket statement otherwise.

It's how your posting, your persona. And I'm trying to ignore everything you say about RL because that should not be a factor in how I read your posts. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Good news… I cordially exposed that our contractor wasn’t validating our most recent $15k surprise invoice. He submitted finally that he doesn’t expect us to eat his mistake… even though we know that’s exactly what he tried to do. I cannot wait for this project to be over.

Its a whole-house remodel. Which is why we’re in an apartment. Also why my stress and attention to the game have a severe ebb and flow. Sorry if I’m being extra combative, FYI, I’m really not even sure how I’m coming across. This has been a 3-week test of wills… on top of some other heavy sh*t.

I need a glass of bourbon and a lap dance. @JiFields sup?

That really sucks dude, sorry.

On the bright side if this was you being extra combative you have REALL tamed over the years ?

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I’m building an army of retards stfu 

Ready for duty, SIR

Annnd I’m happy staying parked on Verb. That last “okay now this is a good vote for me” comes off as trying too hard to not seem defensive to justify the earlier omgusing

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I mean trying to get a rise out of him. Not sure on the purpose for it, reaction testing might be one possibility, trying to goad Ape into a sh*t flinging contest to muddy the game and/or distract could be another.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AVM said:

That really sucks dude, sorry.

On the bright side if this was you being extra combative you have REALL tamed over the years ?

Ready for duty, SIR

Annnd I’m happy staying parked on Verb. That last “okay now this is a good vote for me” comes off as trying too hard to not seem defensive to justify the earlier omgusing

I’ll move your name up on the waiting list for now. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, HessStation said:

I’ll move your name up on the waiting list for now. 

I have no intent to try to read you based on day 1. I've played with you enough to know I don't want to put myself through trying to make sense of your intentional erraticness without at least more days of info. I do have a scum tell on you that I'm hoping still works after all these years though.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I have no intent to try to read you based on day 1. I've played with you enough to know I don't want to put myself through trying to make sense of your baffling genius without at least more days of info. I do have a scum tell on you that never works after all these years though.

*fixed 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I feel like verbal has been gaslighting me

Well, if I'm wrong on you then I can see you'd certainly feel this way.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

I don’t know if intentional or not but you’re literally leaving out the part where you quoted me as saying the grossest thing all game was Verbs either or. Verb then doubled down by either oring me and Stark, the two people voting him.

I continue to say jgbs play was pro scum and I’m fine lynching him. I don’t want to lynch ape, so if it’s close I’ll be moving to jgb. Through where I am now doesn’t appear anyone is actually moving to verb so it’s a wasted vote for today, but I’ll see where the rest of the catch-up lands

Incorrect.  I said it could be neither as well.  Just tossing out the obvious possibilities.  But you both joined a relatively safe & easy D1 vote, so it pinged a little.  You'd probably feel the same way if this was reversed.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I kind of glazed over the sh*t talking first time through, but yeah. Reading back this all feels like deliberately trying to poke the Ape

It didn't start out that way, legit.  But carrying on was a bit fun, I admit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, there’s a good history here of luring me specifically into a verbose argument in order to derail pretty much everything.

When Ape does it, it's reaction testing.

When anybody does it to Ape, it's his above post.

*sadly shakes head*

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Jvill, Peen, JiF, JVOR, Hal

Verbal (4) - Stark, AVM, Lurker, Ape

Hal (3) - Ballin, Crusher, Jgb

Ape (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash

Barry (2) - Arsis, Hess

Crusher (1) - Drums

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  TODAY, 3 PM EST