Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

What’s up Stark?!

I honestly didn’t see the #2/#3 question, just the one where you thought I wasn’t playing which I thought I answered for you.

I have a couple suspects based on very limited posts, but I think I’ll keep them to myself for the moment and let this play out.

so not willing to share? 

10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

A bit aggressive here, which pings for me.

It’s not like I’m not posting at all, I’m just not scum hunting for #2 and #3 yet.
Why so interested in getting votes off of another player who is either VT or scum?

to add to my previous response.

read my post quoting all the Verbal stuff. I originally voted him because he says either KGB or APE. then proceeds to do it again on others then this morning is denying ever having done it.  keeps saying people "blindly" followed ape when that wasn't the reason at all. 

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

If you somehow flipped town, I'd call you bad and move back towards KGB (while still keeping the others in my WTL).

I’m not going to kill you for it because I sometimes come to either or reads as well, but this is why people call it hedging / find it scummy. If Ape flips town, you get to not be wrong until the other guy flips, and it can also be seen as trying to set up two lynches for the price of one.

16 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Half my posts on JN are arguments with KGB.  I’ll throw another 25 on my open bet with him (if I lose that bet which I won’t) and he’s scum.  I just can’t see it.  

Offering to bet 25 bucks I’m not scum and voting Lurker.

16 hours ago, jgb said:

You sure your vote on me isn’t because you just downvoted my post about how BYU is an incompetent player unworthy of a second chance in the football board? ;) 

Me joking around with another poster about his vote for me.

Vote JGB 

Same hour as wanting to bet that I’m not scum, flipping while quoting my Zach post.

I thought it was a joke vote at first given our long history of sparring about Zack but to leave it there overnight seems like an attempt to  quietly jump on a train and slip into the shadows.

A interesting reversal.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

either or

not either or but pairing players again

I mean another either, neither or both. 

either or.

NO JGB on this list

Still talking about @jgb but he's n ot on you r willing to Lynch list or whatever you want to call it

yes you did ... up 4 posts... you may not have said "it is either stark or avm" but you clearly did group us in an either or, both or neither.

maybe you need to remember what you type considering we can pull the quotes.

so why no JGB in you r willing to Lynch list?

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Because I posted it after settling on Ape as the more likely scum.  Should I have included him in there?  Perhaps.  Is that the detail you're focused on?

no that is not the detail but it is included, your grouping, hedging and then straight denial to have done/said it

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I’m not going to kill you for it because I sometimes come to either or reads as well, but this is why people call it hedging / find it scummy. If Ape flips town, you get to not be wrong until the other guy flips, and it can also be seen as trying to set up two lynches for the price of one.

clap good job GIF

I have a call to jump on here be out for a bit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Same hour as wanting to bet that I’m not scum, flipping while quoting my Zach post.

I thought it was a joke vote at first given our long history of sparring about Zack but to leave it there overnight seems like an attempt to  quietly jump on a train and slip into the shadows.

A interesting reversal.

I agree on this. Bit of slime on that Hal vote. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

A interesting reversal.

This is a good call out. And @Hal N of Provo did we ever get an explanation of why your read on JiF flipped?

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (7) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Ape (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash

Barry (2) - Arsis, Hess

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (2) - Barry, Ape

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

On 1/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Feels kind of random so far.   Hanging a rando is more likely to kill town if it’s random.  JGB was really outgoing last game too.  Doesn’t mean as much game 2.  

On 1/30/2023 at 9:40 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

I don’t know.  I guess it comes to that eventually lol.  

I just hate rolling the dice if we know the odds is it will hit town if there is nothing to go on.   

On 1/30/2023 at 11:02 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

You and JGB the only to have 2 votes so far. So I started looking back until I realized one of your 2 votes was a self vote lol.

I think JGB is just being active, but Crusher was my Mason Bro round 1 and he picked up 90% more than I did that game so I’m a little concerned he’s seeing scum there lol.  Still it looks like last game to me and JGB was a very pro town Cop last time.  

On 2/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Ok.  I need to vote someone then.  Who?  How about YOU 

emo Vote Stark 

I don’t think JiF is Mafia now FWIW 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:21 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Business trip tomorrow and Friday.  No idea if I’ll be busy or playing Mafia 24/7 lol. 

Unvote vote Lurker 

17 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Half my posts on JN are arguments with KGB.  I’ll throw another 25 on my open bet with him (if I lose that bet which I won’t) and he’s scum.  I just can’t see it.  

To the newb, KGB’s logic on Crush seems perfect, but the only problem with that is I could also see him being someone Town would never want to lynch day 1.  

Also of note my phone won’t give up and stop autocorrecting away from lynching.  It’s like Apple doesn’t understand and is trying to make me choose love.  NOPE!  Lynch Lynch Lynch Lynch.   Suck it Apple.  

Also, another probably shouldn’t be said aloud thing (I’ll stop saying these things now) but Lurker really does seem to want to be killed.   Is the alignment of the players who kill the last to vote for them known?

Unvote Lurker 

Vote JGB 

13 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Potential issue:

Will this group be able to get together enough to vote the next rounds, or is it going to be all random lynchings the rest of the way?  

Well random is fun.  

I realize you are new and figuring the game out but quite a bit of contradiction here. You keep saying you don’t trust me and agree with JGB’s view while  comparing last game to this game. Yet, you come beck and vote him? It’s not like I have no votes, you could put me to 4 but vote JGB the vote leader? Ok. We got 5 hours, let’s turn the heat up a bit! 

vote Hal my pal

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stark said:

im not interested in getting votes off of anyone. I am wondering why you only have 1 option. 

it says "hypothetical" we don't have enough votes on JGB who would you vote for. if you don' have more than 1 sus right now then what are you doing/why play?

Let’s say, hypothetically of course, that jgb was the leading train….

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree on this. Bit of slime on that Hal vote. 

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This is a good call out. And @Hal N of Provo did we ever get an explanation of why your read on JiF flipped?

Obviously I came in too hot in this game — worked last game but hey it’s a learning — but the best part is I still win and maintain my perfect record even if I’m dead and town wins :) Will keep doing what I can during meeting breaks.

Jgb (6) - Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Hal (2) - Ballin, Crusher

Barry (2) - Arsis, Hess

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

21 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

no that is not the detail but it is included, your grouping, hedging and then straight denial to have done/said it

clap good job GIF

I have a call to jump on here be out for a bit.

I mean you literally said I did an "either, or" twice, then said I didn't actually do it the 2nd time.....now you say I did.

I don't deny the initial one - I said I think one of KGB or Ape was scum.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Guess what?  We're more wrong than right in this game.  Play long enough and you'll see that.  We're wrong most of the time, and then beat our chests when we get it right.  

But the 2nd time was me saying "are they both scum, one of them, or neither?"  Literally talking out loud.  

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@Leeelou

Good morning Lovely. I went back and looked at your pudding like I said I would. Lots of fence sitting and fair amount of just commenting on other people’s game play. His opinion of the JGB thing evolved enough to put him in his top three  but then voted Verb. Not sure what it means but my observation none the less. 

I was getting some bad indigestion vibes reading his posts live.

I don’t think Verb is scum here. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I get it, but think from a math standpoint.  Large game, I'm scum and I tie 2 townies together and get them both lynched.  What then?  I'm toast, and that's positive value for the town overall.  We know townies will die, the whole omelette thing, right?

The simple answer is that I'm town, calling out what I see as potential scum, see a polarizing situation with Ape and KGB and come to the conclusison that it's not likely they are on the same team.  I guess they could both me dumbass town, but I don't usually see Ape play that way and KGB is like a savant with this sh*t.  It just made sense to me.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I realize you are new and figuring the game out but quite a bit of contradiction here. You keep saying you don’t trust me and agree with JGB’s view while  comparing last game to this game. Yet, you come beck and vote him? It’s not like I have no votes, you could put me to 4 but vote JGB the vote leader? Ok. We got 5 hours, let’s turn the heat up a bit! 

vote Hal my pal

My you are feisty this game :D

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I get it, but think from a math standpoint.  Large game, I'm scum and I tie 2 townies together and get them both lynched.  What then?  I'm toast, and that's positive value for the town overall.  We know townies will die, the whole omelette thing, right?

The simple answer is that I'm town, calling out what I see as potential scum, see a polarizing situation with Ape and KGB and come to the conclusison that it's not likely they are on the same team.  I guess they could both me dumbass town, but I don't usually see Ape play that way and KGB is like a savant with this sh*t.  It just made sense to me.

Yeah, I get all that and like I said not going to crush you for it. I just do see why people find it scummy. I also am not totally getting what made you come to that read. You said it was a gut read, which is fair enough I guess, but still not seeing the jgb / Ape connection that would lead to them necessarily being unaligned.

@Hal N of Provo - noobish

@Arsis - sk’ish

@JiFields - townish but ping’ish

@The Crusher - townish

@Integrity28 - pingish

@Stark - pingish

@jvill 51 - pingish

@Beaver - should die’ish

@jgb - townish 

@Pac - should die’ish 

@BallinPB - should def die’ish 

@Lurker89 - townish 

@Barry McCockinner - should die’ish 

@HessStation should die’ish 

@Drums - should die’ish 

@Jets Voice of Reason - should die’ish 

@Verbal - townish but ping’ish 

@Bleedin Green - townish 

@Smashmouth -greatish 

@Leelou - ping’ish 

@Greenseed4 - townish 

@AVM - ping’ish 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leelou said:

Feisty Crusher is fun 

I’m actually rethinking him. He’s been my top scum read for awhile because his aggression was so against the town crush persona I’ve seen. But now it’s almost like wouldn’t he have been a little more subtle? Of course maybe he’s hiding in plain sight and I am choosing the wrong glass of wine here.

The Hal vote seemed super scummy. Specifically fortified his position I’m town by citing our long-standing football disagreements then flips without explanation an hour later because I reference Zach Wilson… the subject of our long-standing football disagreements. I’d like to see the explanation but it’s definitely a ping.

I wish JiF was getting more attention. Since when has he not tried to Batman everyone else’s reads into dust? Humble JiF (or at least restrained JiF) seem off. Alas, seems I’m the only one interested in him today.

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@Hal N of Provo - noobish

@Arsis - sk’ish

@JiFields - townish but ping’ish

@The Crusher - townish

@Integrity28 - pingish

@Stark - pingish

@jvill 51 - pingish

@Beaver - should die’ish

@jgb - townish 

@Pac - should die’ish 

@BallinPB - should def die’ish 

@Lurker89 - townish 

@Barry McCockinner - should die’ish 

@HessStation should die’ish 

@Drums - should die’ish 

@Jets Voice of Reason - should die’ish 

@Verbal - townish but ping’ish 

@Bleedin Green - townish 

@Smashmouth -greatish 

@Leelou - ping’ish 

@Greenseed4 - townish 

@AVM - ping’ish 

@HessStation - can’t taggish 

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

I wish JiF was getting more attention. Since when has he not tried to Batman everyone else’s reads into dust? Humble JiF (or at least restrained JiF) seem off. Alas, seems I’m the only one interested in him today.

Have you read more than the two games we've been in to get this consensus on Jifs Modus Operandi.... genuinely curious because if you have I will be both disgusted and impressed ... mostly disgusted.... like 60/40.

Jgb (5) - Jvill, Peen, JiF, JVOR, Hal

Verbal (3) - Stark, AVM, Lurker

Hal (2) - Ballin, Crusher

Barry (2) - Arsis, Hess

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

31 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah, I get all that and like I said not going to crush you for it. I just do see why people find it scummy. I also am not totally getting what made you come to that read. You said it was a gut read, which is fair enough I guess, but still not seeing the jgb / Ape connection that would lead to them necessarily being unaligned.

Oh, I get that it's scummy.  I'm ok with that.

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Just reread the last 10 pages or so before I go back into the mines.

Verbs multi-training and overall agression seems sus. 

Gut is saying Peen is a pinger but im gonna have to go back and spyglass it to remember exact points.

Unvote Vote Verbal 

A vote on me I can appreciate - no issue from me, here.

21 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Please Crushlove I'm not asking a lot.

1a979996-de03-40e3-9d49-a4a93be1ed04_text.gif.1da3ed9f5c229ea0ce0f73b441ebb1ab.gif

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, give me the name of one other person in your chat and I will. 

I have my own strat I'm cooking up this game. 

My own little Russian nesting doll of psychosis.

GrimyValidAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif.c80f212a58f8b0d9a4a465705bfebe05.gif946467222_giphy(9).gif.43d7381315dc1d93d969fbf6477510a7.gif

I'm not feeling very well remind me again what we're talking about Dr.Crush

marc-and-steven-trapped-in-asylum-moon-knight-episode4.gif.3bd6e7cbb01d903d84e468d639a021a4.gif

You were just donr with my **** real quick huh Dr.Crushlove

Miss your supple bosom and warm caress