Beningo With Saleh

11 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Joe Beningo has an interview with Saleh on his podcast today. Found it fairly interesting and worth a listen. Joe definitely didn't just lob softballs for 30 minutes. He was pretty vocal with his usual bi*ching and was pretty blunt with many of his questions. I appreciated a lot of Saleh's answers. Didn't sound defensive and was pretty candid about his mistake. I appreciated that Saleh didn't throw out the typical complimentary platitudes when it came to Zach. None of that, "he's our QB, we support him" type of BS that drives me crazy. One thing I thought was interesting was Joe has asked when he expects something to happen at the QB position and Saleh said something like , (paraphrasing) "If you asked me last week I would have said this week. I think all sides are taking the time to do their due diligence. When Joe asked the question I was already getting upset anticipating hearing something about their faith in Zach, blah, blah, etc. 

Just to be clear: This isn't a pro/anti Beningo or Saleh post. This is a rough part of the offseason before FA starts, I found it worth a quick listen and figured I'd share if anyone was interested. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ONy4eCPFUTUS9kKFNT7sM?si=9rPse2tWQs2CI9ioGBWJiA

Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Joe Beningo has an interview with Saleh on his podcast today. Found it fairly interesting and worth a listen. Joe definitely didn't just lob softballs for 30 minutes. He was pretty vocal with his usual bi*ching and was pretty blunt with many of his questions. I appreciated a lot of Saleh's answers. Didn't sound defensive and was pretty candid about his mistake. I appreciated that Saleh didn't throw out the typical complimentary platitudes when it came to Zach. None of that, "he's our QB, we support him" type of BS that drives me crazy. One thing I thought was interesting was Joe has asked when he expects something to happen at the QB position and Saleh said something like , (paraphrasing) "If you asked me last week I would have said this week. I think all sides are taking the time to do their due diligence. When Joe asked the question I was already getting upset anticipating hearing something about their faith in Zach, blah, blah, etc. 

Just to be clear: This isn't a pro/anti Beningo or Saleh post. This is a rough part of the offseason before FA starts, I found it worth a quick listen and figured I'd share if anyone was interested. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ONy4eCPFUTUS9kKFNT7sM?si=9rPse2tWQs2CI9ioGBWJiA

Thank you, that was a fun listen.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Saleh sounds like a great guy, terrific neighbor, husband and dad.  I can't imagine any great coach sounding like he did.

You hear stories of Parcells, Bellicek etc sleeping in the office. Saleh is of the generation of he wants balance. 

Just not impressed with him professionally. Personally, he's a 10. 

He gets outcoached for a reason. He golfs 9 holes evetyday?  Im a CPA and I don't have that time.

I just had it on in the background and I dont remember every little detail but this was the offseason, no?  He's got time now, it's more surprising he plays 9 holes every day w/ 7 kids.  lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I just had it on in the background and I dont remember every little detail but this was the offseason, no?  He's got time now, it's more surprising he plays 9 holes every day w/ 7 kids.  lol

My kids are grown and I am 60 and I don't have time to play 9 holes everyday.  If I did, my business would go to SHlT.  

No focused business  leader has 2.5 hours to golf every day unless they don't give a shlt.  He will get fired saying " I wanted to be a good dad 1st" and that's to be applauded. 

Great!!!  Mission accomplished and Woody and co will add him to the pile of well below 500 rookie HC's that won't be remembered for crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

My kids are grown and I am 60 and I don't have time to play 9 holes everyday.  If I did, my business would go to SHlT.  

No focused business  leader has 2.5 hours to golf every day unless they don't give a shlt.  He will get fired saying " I wanted to be a good dad 1st".

Great!!!  Mission accomplished and Woody and co will add him to the pile of well below 500 rookie HC's that won't be remembered for crap.

What if he was playing into a simulator? 

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Wouldn't matter... it shows me he has 2-3 hours daily that he is not focused on the Jets.  Success has a price, he aint paying it.

Saleh doesn’t care what we think, and I’m kind of glad.  He’s living large. Maybe he clears his head out there on that course. Frees his mind from all the negativity flying around. It’s like his 9-hole ayhuasca ceremony.  And now he is back and …he’s keeping Zach! Kid’s gonna rally! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

9 holes by yourself or with 1 other person takes what hour and 20 min at most unless you’re hitting multiple shots. Saleh said he’s shot low 80 to high 70s. Golf isn’t a problem. lol

7 kids. I can’t imagine. My 4 are insane to handle. Granted I’m sure he has a nanny and stuff but damn. Still. 

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

What if he was playing into a simulator? 

He does have a golf room in his house. I’d bet this is his daily 9 fans want to cry about. All 30 mins it would take to play 9. Lol

we have some of the worst whiny fans I swear

• Upvote 3

Maybe I’m old school, but when the product you are creating is sub par, and you are repeatedly unprepared, and your job is a 1 in a million dream job, and you are being paid handsomely, then dedicate yourself fully. There’s only so many hours in the day.

You will never know if the 2 hours a day, or 10+ hours a week lost will make a difference, but that’s the point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Stark said:

Ha. Pretty ridiculous comment. 
maybe he’s a 6am golfer. Doesn’t take 3 hours to golf 9 holes and not at his scoring level. 

Find something else to complain about 

I’ve got a course 5 minutes from me. On days in the summer when the wife is off and I get to work from home, I’ll leave the house at 6:30, play 9, and Im home by 8ish for breakfast with the little one. And I suck. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

I’ve got a course 5 minutes from me. On days in the summer when the wife is off and I get to work from home, I’ll leave the house at 6:30, play 9, and Im home by 8ish for breakfast with the little one. And I suck. 

Ha. Well I’d say same for me. 
Saleh has shot a 69 before lol. I’m sure he’s fully capable of making a 9 hole round in similarl or less time. 

22 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You could see why Robert Saleh is liked, he seems to have this natural ability to befriend even his harshest critics.

I would’ve liked for Joe to have held Saleh more accountable for Zach’s failure .

Yeah like hey Rob.l, Why the heck can’t Zack make a simple 10 yd throw… Why are they in the dirt or way over his head?  
lol. 

zach isn’t a gamer. No coach is “fixing” him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Ha. Well I’d say same for me. 
Saleh has shot a 69 before lol. I’m sure he’s fully capable of making a 9 hole round in similarl or less time. 

Lol yeah. This whole idea that you can’t have an hour or two to yourself away from work is asinine. Doubly so when your talking about a football coach in the offseason. And coming from a bunch of people who take time out of their days to post on an internet message board about a group of adults who they’ve never met playing a kid’s game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

57 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Saleh doesn’t care what we think, and I’m kind of glad.  He’s living large. Maybe he clears his head out there on that course. Frees his mind from all the negativity flying around. It’s like his 9-hole ayhuasca ceremony.  And now he is back and …he’s keeping Zach! Kid’s gonna rally! 

Nice thoughts but I look at him getting outcoached week after week and I look at the behavior of winners. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Stark said:

Ha. Pretty ridiculous comment. 
maybe he’s a 6am golfer. Doesn’t take 3 hours to golf 9 holes and not at his scoring level. 

Find something else to complain about 

3 hours start to finish, get there, set up etc. Parcells was in the stadium by 6am as is BB.  I expected half the board to crucify me, It's OK.  

There's a reason very few reach the top like a BB or Parcells. I've met TONS of colleagues that believe the same. 

We make choices in life.  I'm not complaining. I call it like I see it. You're cheering and defending  a HC with amongst the worst record in the NFL last 2 years. Kool.  I'll mail you the 7th place trophy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

No focused business  leader has 2.5 hours to golf every day unless they don't give a shlt.  He will get fired saying " I wanted to be a good dad 1st".

You have really taken a heel turn, lol…. I think he said he takes one kid with him for a day to play golf… And then before training camp, he stops… I to think he has a lot of growing to do… More discipline needed amongst other things that have already been mentioned 1 million times. Losing breece and avt big holes to fill they were on their way to all pro seasons.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

3 hours start to finish, get there, set up etc. Parcells was in the stadium by 6am as is BB.  I expected half the board to crucify me, It's OK.  

There's a reason very few reach the top like a BB or Parcells. I've met TONS of colleagues that believe the same. 

We make choices in life.  I'm not complaining. I call it like I see it. You're cheering and defending  a HC with amongst the worst record in the NFL last 2 years. Kool.  I'll mail you the 7th place trophy. 

The guy has a golf room in his house. Simulator take 30 min to run 9 holes. And if he goes to the course it’s completely possible for a scratch to +6 handicap to play 9 and travel within hour and a half. Unless he’s driving an hour. And who knows. Maybe someone drives him and he works while he’s being driven. 

lol I’m not cheering or championing anything except that you don’t know what you’re talking about here. 

yeah the jets were a disappointment this year. Mostly because of an inept qb that is scared and unable to play the position 

Saleh has to get it right this year. I also don’t care if he takes 30 min or 3 hours for himself in a day. 

I know a lot of people that are very successful that work both ways. Fully invested and virtually no free time and those that make time for themselves. 

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm certain that Robert Saleh, who picked an incredibly competitive profession when he could have stayed a successful financial analyst, and rose through the ranks to take over one of 32 of the most sought after jobs in the world......

..... needs career advice from you.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LSJF said:

You have really taken a heel turn, lol…. I think he said he takes one kid with him for a day to play golf… And then before training camp, he stops… I to think he has a lot of growing to do… More discipline needed amongst other things that have already been mentioned 1 million times. Losing breece and avt big holes to fill they were on their way to all pro seasons.

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

The guy has a golf room in his house. Simulator take 30 min to run 9 holes. And if he goes to the course it’s completely possible for a scratch to +6 handicap to play 9 and travel within hour and a half. Unless he’s driving an hour. And who knows. Maybe someone drives him and he works while he’s being driven. 

lol I’m not cheering or championing anything except that you don’t know what you’re talking about here. 

yeah the jets were a disappointment this year. Mostly because of an inept qb that is scared and unable to play the position 

Saleh has to get it right this year. I also don’t care if he takes 30 min or 3 hours for himself in a day. 

I know a lot of people that are very successful that work both ways. Fully invested and virtually no free time and those that make time for themselves. 

It's OK if we disagree.  Success has a price and Saleh , from what I can see, isn't paying it. He is outcoached week in, week out. His record is terrible.  I get what you are saying, BB has a boat etc. We all need down time.  He is amongst the bottom 5 HC's in the league, SF didn't miss a beat after he left and he makes many poor decisions on the field. 

• Upvote 3