The Great Jets QB Search - Mafia - SCUM AND SK JOINT VICTORY!!!!

jgb

The staffer leads the group to the lobby where old army cots have been set up around the perimeter of the room. The Four Seasons, this ain't. “Hey, what about dinner?” pleads Crush.

The staffer digs into her pocket and dumps a pile of quarters on a table, “There's a vending machine in the hallway. Now rest up – we go over more QB candidates starting at 8:00 AM sharp.” She heads out the door to the parking lot.

After jockeying for beds, the group settles down and finally one by one they fall asleep. All through the night, they are awoken by sounds... is someone or something up and about? They convince themselves the Jets are just too cheap to hire an exterminator and fall back to sleep.

As the morning sunlight begins to pierce through the windows, the staffer bursts back into the lobby, “Up and at 'em, slugs!” Slowly, everyone climbs out of bed. Well, almost everyone.

The staffer stomps to the over-sleeper's bed and pokes at the lump through the blanket. It doesn't move. The group slowly gathers around out of curiosity. The staffer grabs the top of the blanket and whips it away revealing – a face frozen in fear... the bald head already blue and cold.

Jets GM Joe Douglas Was Spotted Sleeping Through Most Of MNF Game vs  Patriots - Daily Snark

Joe Douglas (drums / Jets Watcher) dozed off and somebody made sure he never woke up again.

Role info: On nights after a scum player is lynched, you can franchise-tag a player to detect if anyone tampers with (visits) them.

• Haha 2

The group stands in shock for a few moments. “Somebody murdered JD!” screams 80.

“You don't know that. Could be natural causes.” Snaps back the staffer.

“Look!” yells Hal. He rolls the body over and at the base of the neck is a very distinct stab wound.

The staffer takes a few minutes to compose herself before ushering everyone into the conference room. “I'll deal with this. You all have work to do. Joe would've wanted us to soldier on."

It is now D2.

5 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Had some family issues last night and couldn't get online.  Mom has increasingly bad dementia and things were rough last night.  Honestly this has been super tough to handle, and my soul is starting to be crushed.

Anyways.....

Sheesh, I’m sorry man. Vent here, it’s a good place for it.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I see Hal has us well down the path of deciding role PMs again, rather than scum hunting. So, that’s nice.

I do not feel I let the defense down with that post.   

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Duely noted, especially after Drums came up Town Watcher

Are you saying Watcher has anything to do with anything? End of the game we will probably see 2 scum on that list.   And Drums wasn’t one.   

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Are you saying Watcher has anything to do with anything? End of the game we will probably see 2 scum on that list.   And Drums wasn’t one.   

This would ping, if you weren’t so well-established as a fountain of illogical drivel.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Just making an observation 

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This would ping, if you weren’t so well-established as a fountain of illogical drivel.

Lol. It’s a process.  When I settle down on something good we need you to recognize it and take it home.  

Because nobody will listen to me after all the slinging spaghetti against a wall to get there.

20 hours ago, Beaver said:

@Hallia or @Integrity28   Can decide this in the final minutes and f they choose to do so.

^^^ Pu$$y maneuver trying to leave it up to Ape or a just-entered-the-game Hallia.

20 hours ago, jgb said:

5 minutes to deadline

Day 1 Vote Count

peen (5) - JiF, 80, Nyn, crush, Hal

Hal (4) - beaver, bum, drums, peen

JiF (1) - Hallia

Not voting: Ape

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch

DEADLINE: MONDAY 7PM EST.

No majority = no lynch D1. Highest vote-getter gets lynched at deadline D2 and beyond.

20 hours ago, Beaver said:

Less I switch my vote

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Final Day 1 Vote Count

peen (5) - JiF, 80, Nyn, crush, Hal

Hal (4) - beaver, bum, drums, peen

JiF (1) - Hallia

Not voting: Ape

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch

DEADLINE: MONDAY 7PM EST.

No majority = no lynch D1. Highest vote-getter gets lynched at deadline D2 and beyond.

^^^ Opted not to move to Peen when he was readily available to do so.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Beaver

Didn't like the way he had an opportunity to secure a lynch at the deadline by flipping trains and instead let it go random.  For me that's a good place to start.

Maybe he doesn't want to lynch a townie... because maybe his objective is to win with town?

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to lynch a townie... because maybe his objective is to win with town?

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Even if you're town it doesn't matter much when it comes to my argument.  Opting to end up with no lynch was anti-town, especially the way he went about it.  

Making the wrong call and lynching town is part of the game.  @GATA be willing to get your hands dirty.  If you're town you shouldn't be defending Beaver here for being unwilling to finish off a townie.  Because scum KNOWS who town is, so....

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if you're town it doesn't matter much when it comes to my argument.  Opting to end up with no lynch was anti-town, especially the way he went about it.  

Making the wrong call and lynching town is part of the game.  @GATA be willing to get your hands dirty.  If you're town you shouldn't be defending Beaver here for being unwilling to finish off a townie.  Because scum KNOWS who town is, so....

yeah, but I know something that scum doesn't know. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Upon more thinking here... if this is really your train of thought, that a no lynch hurts town...

The better move would have been to lynch Hal who was a claimed VT-- with a role (ZW) that wouldn't make anyone think twice.

Except... I didn't receive a current Jets player, and based on what you've said, and Drum's (RIP) role, we didn't either, so claiming Zach could be completely made up.  Why wouldn't you have moved your vote to him?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Upon more thinking here...

The better move would have been to lynch Hal who was a claimed VT-- with a role (ZW) that wouldn't make anyone think twice.

Except... I didn't receive a current Jets player, and based on what you've said, and Drum's (RIP) role, we didn't either, so claiming Zach could be completely made up.  Why wouldn't you have moved your vote to him?  

Yep.  Peen and Beaver.  

Peen was trying to kill me for no reason (he said) D1 when he could have gone “no vote” to achieve his goals too.  

Vote Beaver since there is already a vote there.  

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

Yep.  Peen and Beaver.  

Peen was trying to kill me for no reason (he said) D1 when he could have gone “no vote” to achieve his goals too.  

Vote Beaver since there is already a vote there.  

Not true.  I moved my vote to you to make us have equal votes.  I misunderstood the context of "majority" to mean "more than" (which is a dictionary definition)... which is why I was so upset when I finished the day with 5 votes to your 4, because I legit thought I was getting lynched.  

Voting Beaver just because there is a vote there isn't a great look given my accusation that you just false claimed VT-Zach thinking nobody would question it.  When in fact, I wouldn't be shocked if there are no players in this game... just coaches and front office. 

vote Hal.  (Cause now I am trying to lynch you as scum). 

Peen seems to be the safer of the 2 to start with BTW.  That D1 play stood out by the end.  

I’m fine with Beaver too.  Just to explain my reasoning The no vote at the end was odd.  As I noted earlier he wasn’t scum hunting as much as prior games.  

That’s not a smoking gun, but seemed like he was trying to play safe and popular all D1.  Neither a smoking gun to me, but added together worth a shot.  

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not true.  I moved my vote to you to make us have equal votes.  I misunderstood the context of "majority" to mean "more than" (which is a dictionary definition)... which is why I was so upset when I finished the day with 5 votes to your 4, because I legit thought I was getting lynched.  

Voting Beaver just because there is a vote there isn't a great look given my accusation that you just false claimed VT-Zach thinking nobody would question it.  When in fact, I wouldn't be shocked if there are no players in this game... just coaches and front office. 

vote Hal.  (Cause now I am trying to lynch you as scum). 

No Way Wow GIF

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

Peen seems to be the safer of the 2 to start with BTW.  That D1 play stood out by the end.  

I’m fine with Beaver too.  Just to explain my reasoning The no vote at the end was odd.  As I noted earlier he wasn’t scum hunting as much as prior games.  

That’s not a smoking gun, but seemed like he was trying to play safe and popular all D1.  Neither a smoking gun to me, but added together worth a shot.  

^posts this in the game thread thinking he's in the scum QT. 

ooops

• Haha 1