The Great Jets QB Search - Mafia - SCUM AND SK JOINT VICTORY!!!!

jgb

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

*Ping*

It would be a fun experiment to go back through old games and tally up pings, full well knowing who is who, to see who's ping meter is historically the most accurate.   

This "ping" would not be one of them.   

41 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Upon more thinking here... if this is really your train of thought, that a no lynch hurts town...

The better move would have been to lynch Hal who was a claimed VT-- with a role (ZW) that wouldn't make anyone think twice.

Except... I didn't receive a current Jets player, and based on what you've said, and Drum's (RIP) role, we didn't either, so claiming Zach could be completely made up.  Why wouldn't you have moved your vote to him?  

Moving my vote to Hal wouldn't have secured the lynch.  It would have created a 5-4 no lynch situation just like it ended up being in the end. 

And if you look back, I did indeed say that I would be willing to move to Hal if need be earlier in the day:

On 3/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I could be coaxed into moving my vote to Hal as we get closer to the deadline.

Rationale:  Meets the criteria of not being @Hallia.

Hal claiming to be Zach Wilson could mean either alignment (something I also discussed during night phase) so I'm still very much willing to lynch him.  Beaver just caught my eye with his play so I'd prefer to start there.

Beaver had the power to secure a lynch by moving to you.  Very different scenarios.

32 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not true.  I moved my vote to you to make us have equal votes.  I misunderstood the context of "majority" to mean "more than" (which is a dictionary definition)... which is why I was so upset when I finished the day with 5 votes to your 4, because I legit thought I was getting lynched.  

Voting Beaver just because there is a vote there isn't a great look given my accusation that you just false claimed VT-Zach thinking nobody would question it.  When in fact, I wouldn't be shocked if there are no players in this game... just coaches and front office. 

vote Hal.  (Cause now I am trying to lynch you as scum). 

Hal and Beaver as early competing trains would please me.  

4 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Peen seems to be the safer of the 2 to start with BTW.  That D1 play stood out by the end.  

I’m fine with Beaver too.  Just to explain my reasoning The no vote at the end was odd.  As I noted earlier he wasn’t scum hunting as much as prior games.  

That’s not a smoking gun, but seemed like he was trying to play safe and popular all D1.  Neither a smoking gun to me, but added together worth a shot.  

I can definately see the Beaver angle. (giggity)  I had him with a slight Town lean pages ago, and then he did a 180.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if you're town it doesn't matter much when it comes to my argument.  Opting to end up with no lynch was anti-town, especially the way he went about it.  

Making the wrong call and lynching town is part of the game.  @GATA be willing to get your hands dirty.  If you're town you shouldn't be defending Beaver here for being unwilling to finish off a townie.  Because scum KNOWS who town is, so....

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

16 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yep.  Peen and Beaver.  

Peen was trying to kill me for no reason (he said) D1 when he could have gone “no vote” to achieve his goals too.  

Vote Beaver since there is already a vote there.  

Mcdaag GIF

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

Um it went no vote.

Even worse.  At least with random you MIGHT get a scum death.  No vote = no death = not much information learned from the day.  It's not a good ending to the day for Town and you had control of the situation to ensure otherwise.

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

So you aren't buying his ZW claim?

ZW being Hal's claim could be truthful and yet she could still end up being Scum or 3rd Party.  Zach Wilson is not someone who would want the Jets to find an alternative option at QB and instead wanted to make his life a "living hell". 

Based on the theme I'm not buying Hal being auto-Town based purely on the claim.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

ZW being Hal's claim could be truthful and yet she could still end up being Scum or 3rd Party.  Zach Wilson is not someone who would want the Jets to find an alternative option at QB and instead wanted to make his life a "living hell". 

Based on the theme I'm not buying Hal being auto-Town based purely on the claim.  

I agree ZW isn't a lock to be Town, just wanted to see what Beavers thoughts were

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I do not feel I let the defense down with that post.   

Are you saying Watcher has anything to do with anything? End of the game we will probably see 2 scum on that list.   And Drums wasn’t one.   

Ok , who are your strongest guesses for scum then?

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Beaver

Didn't like the way he had an opportunity to secure a lynch at the deadline by flipping trains and instead let it go random.  For me that's a good place to start.

Agreed

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Pu$$y maneuver trying to leave it up to Ape or a just-entered-the-game Hallia.

^^^ Opted not to move to Peen when he was readily available to do so.  

GET HIM!  

I think 80 is probably my strongest town read ATM

Vote: Beaver

• Post of the Week 1