Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, Dcat said:
OK then. You sure as heck post like one guy who has been banned multiple times. My mistake.  I'm thrilled to have Rodgers.  But that doesn't mean we can't look at some of the negatives in this process, which there are many, going back to JDs 1st season here.

Have I really posted anything worthy of a ban?

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hex said:

Garrett Wilson was a top 20 Receiver (Statistically) with three practice squad QBs. 

Just saw a stat that out of 33 quarterbacks who threw 170+ attempts last year, White, Flacco, and Wilson were 31, 32, and 33 ??

• Haha 4

I understand some people thinking that AR is not worth what JD paid. But I just don’t get the folks who are pulling fire alarms over the possible downside of the trade and/or acting like JD is a buffoon who got taken by GB. 

As I understand it, the Jets sent a 2nd & a 6th this year, and (likely) a late 1st next year in return for AR & a 5th this year. At worst then—if AR falls flat because of age or injury or whatever—the Jets are out two (possibly) good players: the 2nd this year and the 1st next year. That would be bad, but it’s not the catastrophe-level downside it would have to be to match some people’s negative reaction to this trade.

It’s a risk with a huge upside but not a huge downside.

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

And like 10 other guys lol. 

He just posted another one with a ton of people from the practice ref to sideline guys. 

Cobb is still available I think. Not sure if the jets are interested, but he might be a guy they look at after the draft. 

3 hours ago, Stanley Blinka said:

I understand some people thinking that AR is not worth what JD paid. But I just don’t get the folks who are pulling fire alarms over the possible downside of the trade and/or acting like JD is a buffoon who got taken by GB. 

As I understand it, the Jets sent a 2nd & a 6th this year, and (likely) a late 1st next year in return for AR & a 5th this year. At worst then—if AR falls flat because of age or injury or whatever—the Jets are out two (possibly) good players: the 2nd this year and the 1st next year. That would be bad, but it’s not the catastrophe-level downside it would have to be to match some people’s negative reaction to this trade.

It’s a risk with a huge upside but not a huge downside.

The other piece of the cost is the cap hit.  Which we don't know yet.  Under his GB contract, we would have had like $30M+ cap hits for two seasons after he retired.  Cap hit has to be part of the downside.  Until we see the details of his reworked NYJ contract we really don't know the full cost.

• Upvote 2

Still hasn’t truly hit… Aaron FN Rodgers is going to QB for the New York Jets. How many of us thought this would be something that could happen just a year ago when he was back to back MVP? 

Again….. for the ones in the back. Aaron MOTHA BLEEPIN Rodgers is QB for our New York Jets. Holy moly this is going to be such a fun ride the next 2 plus years. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I saw one mention about him wanting to go to the knicks game if if goes to game 6. I’d love to see that 

What in the hell is wrong with you!!! F That he can go see them in the second round the Knicks need to close out that series in 5 and be done with them, what kind of cockamamie bs are you on today. I expect better from you.

Signed,

Long Suffering Knicks and Jets Fan