Jets Sign Ancient WR Randall Cobb

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Am I the only guy here wondering what a mote is?

Either a ring of water around a castle or a ring of sanctimony around someone who can’t shelve the zealotry on a sports board.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I think we’ve now reached the point why “no religion” is one of the basic rules here. Perhaps now we should drop it and say geez and gosh whenever we feeling like using someone’s lords’ name in vain. 

Let’s just all remember to keep the sabbath holy while rooting for Randall Cobb this season. 

You came soooo close to being neutral and finding the proper way of responding as a "Moderator"

Disappear Cbs GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Thumb Down 2

the interesting thing with all the commentary of the receivers and who the jets added, and perhaps more who they didn't add, is that while garrett wilson isn't as elite as davante adams (at least it's too soon to say he is, although he has elite potential), that this WR corps is much better than the ones rodgers had in 2020 and 2021 when he won back-to-back MVPs.

garrett wilson, corey davis, allen lazard, mecole hardman and randall cobb line up as a talented and deep WR corps.  i'm not sure many teams can go 1-5 at WR with as good of a group.  add in some RBs who can catch the ball and a couple of veteran TEs, and there is plenty to surround rodgers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

You came soooo close to being neutral and finding the proper way of responding as a "Moderator"

Disappear Cbs GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I’m sorry, but you made something that no one noticed or cared about into a much bigger deal than it needed to be while @Warfish hasn’t helped. If you have an issue with a post, report it. Thanks. No religion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Either a ring of water around a castle or a ring of sanctimony around someone who can’t shelve the zealotry on a sports board.

the action or practice of acting as if one were morally superior to other people.

I don't see how asking someone to be respectful when using the name Jesus is acting morally superior, then you have a very low bar.

I will now exit this discussion per @slats recommendation.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

the action or practice of acting as if one were morally superior to other people.

I don't see how asking someone to be respectful when using the name Jesus is acting morally superior, then you have a very low bar.

If you PM’d that person with a respectful request, I’d agree. But by definition grandstanding and peacocking is never respectful.

We need to add a couple more veterans. Hoping we land Al Woods DT and resign Kwon Alexander LB. After that, we will he ready to roll.

Not all these guys we’ve signed will make the 53 man. Injuries happen. But guys like Solomon Thomas and Ogbuehi likely don't make it. For now, we need as much depth as possible. 

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We need to add a couple more veterans. Hoping we land Al Woods DT and resign Kwon Alexander LB. After that, we will he ready to roll.

Not all these guys we’ve signed will make the 53 man. Injuries happen. But guys like Solomon Thomas and Ogbuehi likely don't make it. For now, we need as much depth as possible. 

I won’t stop beating it like a drum but I’d like to add a solid, proven vet QB. In an “all-in” year in a division likely to be decided by razor-thin margins I don’t want to essentially forfeit games if Rodgers misses some time.. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I won’t stop beating it like a drum but I’d like to add a solid, proven vet QB. In an “all-in” year in a division likely to be decided by razor-thin margins I don’t want to essentially forfeit games if Rodgers misses some time.. 

Aaron Rodgers' aging body and perhaps this guy....

1237715553.0.jpg

Are the only things standing in the way of us seeing Zach Wilson this season.

May God have mercy on our souls.  

Sorry.....May science have logic on our physiological forms.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aaron Rodgers' aging body and perhaps this guy....

1237715553.0.jpg

Are the only things standing in the way of us seeing Zach Wilson this season.

May God have mercy on our souls.  

Sorry.....May science have logic on our physiological forms.

Wow Matthew Modine looking good for 64 years old.

• Haha 3

As a final thought on Cobb:  literally everyone knew this was going to happen, and then it happened.  There should be zero shock or outrage.  If Rodgers wants him, and he's cheap, why not.  +Cobb > + Nobody.  More WR's is better. 

To (sorta)quote the film "Moneyball":   "We're not paying you for the player you used to be, We're paying you for the player you are right now.  We want to squeeze the last drop of good football out of you.". 

And if he can mentor the young guys in the WR room. we'll be even better.

Small risk, descent reward, happy Rodgers, so why not.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

the interesting thing with all the commentary of the receivers and who the jets added, and perhaps more who they didn't add, is that while garrett wilson isn't as elite as davante adams (at least it's too soon to say he is, although he has elite potential), that this WR corps is much better than the ones rodgers had in 2020 and 2021 when he won back-to-back MVPs.

garrett wilson, corey davis, allen lazard, mecole hardman and randall cobb line up as a talented and deep WR corps.  i'm not sure many teams can go 1-5 at WR with as good of a group.  add in some RBs who can catch the ball and a couple of veteran TEs, and there is plenty to surround rodgers.

Just took a look at this and I agree with you. During Rodgers best year (2020) he had

Packers:
Adams, MVS and Lazard as starters

St Brown, Darrius Sheperd (who?) and Malik Taylor (Jets had him on the PS)

Jets:

Wilson, Davis and Lazard

Hardmann, Mims and Cobb

Our reserves are definitely a lot better. I’d give a slight edge to the GB starters because Adams is a proven elite player. Wilson has elite potential.

At TE, it’s also a bit of a push as well.

The 2020 packers offense is my expectation.

The 2020 Packers were a number 1 seed with a middle of the pack defense.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wow Matthew Modine looking good for 64 years old.

That's not Matthew Modine, @T0mShane is Matthew Modine.

On 4/24/2005 at 9:14 AM, gg said:

I had a great time meeting everyone! Fortunately i didn't get to see the double-jointednes of Tom. That might have been too much for one night... LOL.. although Tom does look like a young Matthew Modine. ;)

Now I know that something is up, Mrs. Max was incredibly lovely..so i am sure that Max must be drugging her.. why else would she stay?

Bren and GGG were wonderful..and i do believe by now the majority of NY has heard about Jetnation and soon the member list will explode.. :D

And yes.. greengal and happy jack got to meet. I know for a fact now that the GG/HJ thread will continue till the end of JN.. ;)

Garb was garb.. funny as all get out in a very warped new england way which of course means that whe was only funny to herself ;)

Faba was a doll also!

On 10/8/2014 at 10:22 AM, Thor99 said:

There once was a lad named Tom Shane

Messageboards are his claim to fame

He looks like Modine

He doesn't like this team

A Steelers fan made him look lame

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Funny, it seems to me there are a lot more posts freaking out about phantom freakouts, than there are actual freakouts.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As a final thought on Cobb:  literally everyone knew this was going to happen, and then it happened.  There should be zero shock or outrage. 

A637AB9C-0079-4A87-8E8B-075343D23403.gif.9bd6111c490de564d7897251fa520271.gif

2 hours ago, jgb said:

If you PM’d that person with a respectful request, I’d agree. But by definition grandstanding and peacocking is never respectful.

See, this I agree with. 

@Warfish has his moments - as we all do - but if if this was taken to PM with an actually-respectful "Hey even if you're rolling your eyes at this request, could you edit your post and bicker with me without that?" (or pick one's own wording)? I've little doubt he'd have edited his post before a second poster took offense. Even if his reply was unexpectedly a snarky, "Lol whatever dude," (which is doubtful would happen) he'd have still done it.

He's got dicky moments like any of the rest of us loyal Jets fan have earned, but he's not cruel like someone prone to twisting the knife when it's found such a real-life pain point.

As an added beneficial side-effect, it all stays off the board.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Josh Allen in week 9 against the jets completed just 52pct of his passes with 2ints and a 0 TDs. Omg Josh Allen is terrible also. 

Yet they still put up 17… but maybe the Jets will sign Allen when he’s old and finished too.