Day Two #JetsCamp Reports

Larz

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You get things mentally when you work at them. Preparation is a lot of it.  Not everything is innate. If you have ADD there are tricks and strategies to compensate for it, plus medication. It does take extra work though. 

Probably why he’s been here all offseason.  No matter how many times you make shlt up 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Larz said:

looked a bit underthrown so that's not good. still he made the play so thats good. he did kinda get burnt though so thats not good. mecole is fast though. it's second day of practice so all in all this isn't a big deal either way

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

That’s ridiculous. I don’t give a sh*t. This guy is a 1st round pick and he better produce. I’m not drafting a guy in the 1st round and not expecting him to produce. 

You realize you are discussing this with the most ridiculous poster on this board right? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’d love to see Tony Adams become the Jets ball hawking FS. Imo, that’s the missing piece on this defense. Trying not to get caught up in the day two hype train just yet, while also thinking that it’s the Jets defense that can/will elevate this team if that’s where they’re headed. It’s a passing league, and the Jets have a defense built to stop the pass. 

Run all day on them.  Make the slow LBs get even slower in the 2nd half.  Not sure of last yrs stats, but I'd estimate the Jets defense was bottom half vs. run.  

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Run all day on them.  Make the slow LBs get even slower in the 2nd half.  Not sure of last yrs stats, but I'd estimate the Jets defense was bottom half vs. run.  

They were 16th, essentially tied with the Eagles a fraction behind at 17. They were third in passing yards, fifth in total yards (to get an idea of how consequential rushing yards are) and forth in points allowed. 

People like to all about the LBs here a lot, but the Jets ran a 4-2-5 defense last year 65% of the time at a time when their offense wasn’t a threat to score. In the NFL, three WRs on offense and the nickel defense are now the base. LBs aren’t a concern of mine, especially considering the quality, depth, and fresh legs rotation on the DL. I don’t think anyone’s running over them. If Rodgers and company can add a TD per game over last year’s #29 scoring offense, that would move them into the top 10. At that point, opponents wouldn’t be able to try to focus on the run. 

Unless or until there are some major shifts in the league, it’s all about throwing the ball and stopping the other team from throwing the ball. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

They were 16th, essentially tied with the Eagles a fraction behind at 17. They were third in passing yards, fifth in total yards (to get an idea of how consequential rushing yards are) and forth in points allowed. 

People like to all about the LBs here a lot, but the Jets ran a 4-2-5 defense last year 65% of the time at a time when their offense wasn’t a threat to score. In the NFL, three WRs on offense and the nickel defense are now the base. LBs aren’t a concern of mine, especially considering the quality, depth, and fresh legs rotation on the DL. I don’t think anyone’s running over them. If Rodgers and company can add a TD per game over last year’s #29 scoring offense, that would move them into the top 10. At that point, opponents wouldn’t be able to try to focus on the run. 

Unless or until there are some major shifts in the league, it’s all about throwing the ball and stopping the other team from throwing the ball. 

For 16th in the run defense, they looked a hell of a lot worse in 2022.  You can fluff it off all you want, but without a run defense that is effective, the defense is going to have a lot of 2nd/3rd and short yardage.  It's the biggest deficit in the defense.