Jets - Panthers Joint Practice: Day 1 Updates

Lith

At least I hope we will have updates.  I am travelling today and will not be able to keep up, but I would really like to have an update thread to review at the airport this afternoon before I fly home.

Hopefully @Larz is around, or someone else can step up and provide the updates today.

Thanks

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

At least I hope we will have updates.  I am travelling today and will not be able to keep up, but I would really like to have an update thread to review at the airport this afternoon before I fly home.

Hopefully @Larz is around, or someone else can step up and provide the updates today.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Larz said:

On the road today. Maybe sone time around when practice starts.  I’ll try. 

:1cry:

• Sympathy 1

Takeaways from Robert Saleh’s pre-practice presser:

- Doesn’t seem concerned about Sauce Gardner (quad) or Carl Lawson (back). Said their absences are precautionary. But Lawson has now missed a few in a row. Something to monitor. 

- Saleh emphasized how important it’s going to be for Mekhi Becton to keep stacking days, getting reps, building up his stamina. 

- He raved about Bryce Young and his skills as a “point guard.” Will be fun watching him go against the #Jets D. 

- Saleh seems confident that Duane Brown will be ready for Week 1, though he wouldn’t say exactly when he might return other than that it should be “soon”. 

- Garrett Wilson is back at practice. Limited but he’s back. So everyone can breathe.

zack blatt

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Please no injuries.

I like the CAR WR group. A lot of size in that group. Interested to see how our secondary does against them.

OL will be put to the test against Brown, Burns and Houston as well.

Carolina's WRs are bottom quarter of the NFL- maybe bottom 3-5.  Old man Thielen, rookie Mingo, journeyman Chark, and never will bes Marshall and Shenault?  That's a good corps?  

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1