Got my green shades on

been really enjoying this offseason.  Happy that we are practicing against another team.  These cross team practices will be the only time our 1st team offense will see any valuable action.  I doubt we put our starting 11 on the field at all this preseason if not for a just a series or 2. 

That being said, there is some discussion to be had about 2 positions imo.  OT and LB, I think we can make moves given Rodgers kindness with his contract.  Just 2 or 3 years ago we picked up Moses and he did a great job for us at OT.  Good listed to Woody on the pat mcafee show today and he discusses this and also bacon.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The 2022 Jets, with league-worst QB play, finished the season 7-10. They lost six other games by 5, 7, 5, 8, 3, and 5 points. One good extra scoring drive in just three of those games and the Wilson/Flacco/White Jets are a playoff team. This team is probably going to have to ride the defense and running game for the first month regardless because the schedule is brutal and it’s going to take awhile for Rodgers to acclimate to this roster and coaching staff. We’re a long way off from panic time,  

couldnt agree more, we start the season day 1 on offense going against a top 5? defense that has been together for the most part over 3 years(+1,000 days). I am not basing our entire season on the first few games.  BUT, we do have rodgers, if he can put 2 td drives together and greg the leg comes through 2 times as well.  we could beat them 20-17.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

couldnt agree more, we start the season day 1 on offense going against a top 5? defense that has been together for the most part over 3 years(+1,000 days). I am not basing our entire season on the first few games.  BUT, we do have rodgers, if he can put 2 td drives together and greg the leg comes through 2 times as well.  we could beat them 20-17.

We gave up 17 points and 20 points to them last year. Diggs cannot do sh*t against Sauce Gardner, and Allen sh*ts his pants. If piece of sh*t Braxton Berrios doesn’t let a beautiful Mike White seed bounce off his facemask, and if CJ Mosley doesn’t encroach on fourth and one before the half, the Jets would’ve been 2-0 against them. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

We gave up 17 points and 20 points to them last year. Diggs cannot do sh*t against Sauce Gardner, and Allen sh*ts his pants. If piece of sh*t Braxton Berrios doesn’t let a beautiful Mike White seed bounce off his facemask, and if CJ Mosley doesn’t encroach on fourth and one before the half, the Jets would’ve been 2-0 against them. 

Well if there's one thing the New York Jets of all teams should be able to stop doing quickly it's dumb sh*t.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

been really enjoying this offseason.  Happy that we are practicing against another team.  These cross team practices will be the only time our 1st team offense will see any valuable action.  I doubt we put our starting 11 on the field at all this preseason if not for a just a series or 2. 

That being said, there is some discussion to be had about 2 positions imo.  OT and LB, I think we can make moves given Rodgers kindness with his contract.  Just 2 or 3 years ago we picked up Moses and he did a great job for us at OT.  Good listed to Woody on the pat mcafee show today and he discusses this and also bacon.

We’re undefeated in the offseason.   It’s fantastic.  

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Green shades look exceptionally handsome with a new pair of boner pants.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I don’t know about the tackle spots. Sure it looks bad when Mitchell gets run over at right tackle or Turner isn’t doing so well at left but those probably aren’t going to be the starters.  Those will be becton and brown. The guys they’re showing in the practice games are to get them prepared to be depth. As we have seen over the past few seasons the tackle spot has been one where there seems to be quite a few games missed because of injury.  I’m sure the jets don’t want that to happen and want to be better prepared.

As for lb, I think we need to realize that saleh wants to play 4-2-5 so that means the lbs maybe aren’t quite as important as a group as in 4-3 or 3-4.  It also means the safeties are more important and also the secondary in general.  I also think that the edge guys like Johnson and Macdonald will be used to drop back in certain situations.  Those guys seem to be quick enough and long enough to provide some coverage.  We’ll see what happens.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I have a hard time shaking the image of the Bills defense lining up desperately needing to stop and Zach Wilson just handing the ball off like 12 times in a row as the Jets just stuffed the ball down their throats.

The Bills defense lacks juice rushing the passer and is kinda soft to run on, frankly.

I stand steadfast in the "Bills missed their window and peaked in 2021" camp.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Messier didn't win the cup til what? His 3rd or  4th year?

I hate to say it, I don't think Saleh is a war time consigliere.

may take 2 years, lets see this season play out first :) 

This year might not be the penultimate season but im not saying it definitely wont be.

I think we pick up some studs next offseason chasing a chip.

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is far too kind. 

• Haha 2

The all world Jets defense and sh*t special teams was about as responsible for out demise as other parts of the team.

ONE turnover in the last 6 games where we faded.  Multiple huge errors at the worst times of games.  (off sides and letting a 4th string TE burn us.)

Two kick returns for tds.

We love to blame every thing on he offense but that is far from the only reason the team fell on its ass.

If our d is as awesome as we think and the league thinks they better win some games out right this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I have a hard time shaking the image of the Bills defense lining up desperately needing to stop and Zach Wilson just handing the ball off like 12 times in a row as the Jets just stuffed the ball down their throats.

The Bills defense lacks juice rushing the passer and is kinda soft to run on, frankly.

The Jets have the spotlight on them, but I don’t think there’s a team in the league with more pressure on them than the Bills. Josh Allen has been a perennial MVP candidate, and the Bills a Super Bowl favorite, but they haven’t been able to get there. The loss of Daboll can’t help, either. That team is gonna be antsy on MNF. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The analytics community is very much pro-Bills right now because their secondary is going to be healthy and they get Von Miller back, but that offense hasn’t looked right since Daboll left, and now they lost/fired Leslie Frazier, who was a good DC. The right side of that OL is going to be a rookie at guard and Spencer Brown, who has been bad in pass pro, at RT. What scares me about them is they now have two TEs who can exploit our sh*tty LBs and safeties, but the real x-factor for them is that Stephon Diggs is shifting into Antonio Brown levels of craziness up there, and that doesn’t figure to get any better, particularly if, as they’re saying, the Bills offense is going to run it and feature the TEs on play action more. Diggs makes or breaks that offense. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The all world Jets defense and sh*t special teams was about as responsible for out demise as other parts of the team.

ONE turnover in the last 6 games where we faded.  Multiple huge errors at the worst times of games.  (off sides and letting a 4th string TE burn us.)

Two kick returns for tds.

We love to blame every thing on he offense but that is far from the only reason the team fell on its ass.

If our d is as awesome as we think and the league thinks they better win some games out right this year.

I have seen you post this a couple times.  I will concede that our D stats were skewed due to opponents offenses playing conservative knowing that our O puts up 10 pts on a good day.  we didnt have many good days last year.  I was at the miami game last year and our defense had a better chance to score outside of garrett wilson being a magician.  I will also say that our defense being out there most of the game knowing that 1 mistake by them and there is zero chance we win.  I honestly believe their mentality was not only do we have to shut teams out but we have to generate pts because our O is that many dumpsters of hot garbage. 

I believe our DL and secondary is as advertised, tops in the league or amongst them.  Our LBs benefited from this and I hope they do this year as well.  Yeah, hope is a scary thing but if we as jets fans know they are going to attack our LBs then you would have to think our DC will scheme accordingly.