This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

I easily see us at 15-2. I dont think its as big of a stretch as some are making it out to be

Week 1 vs Bills - Bills have not gotten better and are caught flat footed in the season opener            WIN

Week 2 vs Cowboys - New offensive coordinator growing pains and confusion                                   WIN

Week 3 vs Patriots- Patriots are the worst team in the NFL                                                                    WIN

Week 4 vs Chiefs - Jets establish the run and slow down mahomes passing attack                               WIN

Week 5 vs Broncos - Easy win they are trash                                                                                           WIN

Week 6 vs Eagles - This is the jets first real test and first loss of the season                                           LOSS

Week 8 vs Giants - Pathetic wrs and an impotent offense                                                                       WIN

Week 9 vs Chargers - Their wrs will most likely be injured by week 9                                                     WIN

Week 10 vs Raiders - Nothing to say horrible team easy win                                                                  WIN

Week 11 vs Bills - By now the wheels have fallen off the Bills and they are basically tanking                 WIN

Week 12 vs Fins - TUA out with concussion                                                                                             WIN

Week 13 vs Falcons - No qb, bijan is easily contained by our dominate d                                               WIN

Week 14 vs Texans - Basically a college team                                                                                           WIN

Week 15 vs Dolphins - "   "                                                                                                                        WIN

Week 16 vs Redskins - I see a sneaky loss here as the jets get too complacent                                       LOSS

Week 17 vs Browns- Chubb gets overworked this year and the team has no cohesion                           WIN

Week 18 vs Patriots - "   "                                                                                                                           WIN

• WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • En Fuego 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jared said:

I think all the teams in the AFC East are a lot closer together than talking heads want to give people credit for.  Even the vaunted Bills still needed two kick returns for TDs last year to beat a dysfunctional Patriots team in what otherwise was a one score game for most of it.

Counterpoint:  Lol the Patriots are dogsh*t

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see it happening after the Rodgers trade. Rodgers committed to this coaching staff and GM. 

You think Woody risks sending Rodgers to retirement after one season? I don't see it.

Then the only other option is extensions all around which is equally hard to see if Rodgers goes down and Zach “leads” the Jets to a 5-win season.

• Upvote 1

OP be like, yo, calm your t!ts.  This team aint all that and you peeps are straight cray blah blah blah blah. Fans be overreacting.  Pump the breaks, be realistic, dont get too excited and then proceeds to predict a 10 wins season, you know something the NY Jets have only done once since 2010. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

We have a new offensive coordinator, and hired a new OL coach and passing game coordinator.

#facts

Oh, sorry.

Forgot about our new offensive coordinator who was one of the biggest head-coaching failures in NFL history, who turned a Super Bowl winning QB into a shell of himself, and whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (the head coach in GB called plays - not Hackett).

34 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Outside of Lazard, Hardman, Cobb, and whoever takes the WR6 spot (Brownlee, Gibson, Erickson, Taylor), without Moore. 

Exactly the same, yes. 

#facts

Does the word "Starter" mean anything to you? Or did you just not read what I wrote?

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Then the only other option is extensions all around which is equally hard to see if Rodgers goes down and Zach “leads” the Jets to a 5-win season.

If Rodgers is hurt early in the season and the Jets have a season like 99 where they battle but finish 9-8 or 8-9 and just miss the playoffs, why is anyone getting fired?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If Rodgers is hurt early in the season and the Jets have a season like 99 where they battle but finish 9-8 or 8-9 and just miss the playoffs, why is anyone getting fired?

You can assume a season above .500 with Zach behind center if you wish but I’m sure not.

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Remember when Belichick went 11-5 after Tom Brady went down Week 1?

Remember when Pederson won a Super Bowl after his starting QB went down mid-season?

Great coaches don't need excuses.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Even a HOF'er can't win throwing 10 yard passes all the time.

Let's talk about facts, shall we?

Fact #1  The Jets were 7-4 to start last season, with basically this same offensive line.

Fact #2  The main reason the Jets finished the season at 0-6 was due to poor QB play, which everyone seems to agree on.

Fact #3  The Jets starting offensive line for this year has not played together one single down yet.  

The Jets offensive line should be:

Duane Brown-  Left tackle

Tomlinson- Left guard

Joe Tippman- Center

AVT-  Right guard

Mechki Becton - right tackle.

You may not be happy with this group, but I am.  McGovern will back up the center and guards.  AVT can be kicked out to tackle if someone gets injured, and McGovern can step into the guard or center role.  Max Mitchell, Schweitzer can be backups to McGovern.  Warren Carter is redshirted for this upcoming year.  I'm still not sure if Billy Turner makes the team or not, but we will see.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alka said:

Let's talk about facts, shall we?

It's hilarious how many of you get caught up in a username.

Just now, Alka said:

Fact #1  The Jets were 7-4 to start last season, with basically this same offensive line.

Yeah, on the back of an easy schedule. 

Those 7 wins were against teams with a combined 54-65 record.

Take away the outlier of the Bills and our wins came against teams with a 41-62 record.

• Thumb Down 1

I expect a slow start and strong finish.  It's going to take time for things to gel together especially on the offensive side of the ball.

They should be competitive in every game.

The AFC is so tough.  The division is tough as well.  I think this is a playoff caliber team, but the playoffs are certainly no lock.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

It's hilarious how many of you get caught up in a username.

Tough toenails you picked it now take your medicine 

Yeah, on the back of an easy schedule. 

Those 7 wins were against teams with a combined 54-65 record.

Take away the outlier of the Bills and our wins came against teams with a 41-62 record.

Take away the outlier of the bullet to the head and Abraham Lincoln had a rad time at the theater.

• Haha 1

How about NOT take away the Bills win.  The Bills admitted after the game that the Jets actually beat them, not that the Bills blew the game in any way.  This is one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, and the Jets ran the ball down their throats at one point.  I think with like 12 consecutive running plays.  

Yeah, I think we count that game!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Facts said:

Oh, sorry.

Forgot about our new offensive coordinator who was one of the biggest head-coaching failures in NFL history, who turned a Super Bowl winning QB into a shell of himself, and whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (the head coach in GB called plays - not Hackett).

Just jump and get it over with already, ****.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

The disease at its finest.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

The disease at its finest.

• Post of the Week 1