I'm Still Not Sold On Zach Wilson

Zach looked bad this preseason.  Low yardage totals in all the games for the amount of throws he was attempting facing practice squad fodder.  

But then again it’s not like he wasn’t the worst qb in the entire nfl the entire previous two regular seasons too
He aced his short passing game test .. as was the plan ... QBR over 100 most of the time .. but please alliterate further.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Your boy Zach looked indecisive when he wasn’t doing the designed 1 read dumpoff.  He even looked indecisive when he was trying to execute the designed one read dumpoff.  He has no pocket presence still.  He’s inaccurate.  He had pick 6’s dropped by backups and third stringers who are now flipping burgers at Burger King.

Best backup qb in the NFL

If it was a drop .. then by definition it was not a pick 6.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

If it was a drop .. then by definition it was not a pick 6.

Ah yes the ol’ Sanchez argument back in the day.  Quite the throwback!

I’m sure you don’t use the same argument when a receiver drops a pass, do you?  After all an incomplete is an incomplete.  

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That entire play is designed to put a receiver eight yards away in front of his nose so it’s a simple pitch and catch. He threw it and the DB broke it up easily. How is that “perfect”?

I always had you figured as a big ball guy. Huh. I guess you never know? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So we're not allowed to criticize his sh*t play because of his draft position?

Trust me, we've ripped on JD plenty for that pick.  Hell, @kevinc855 heckled him in person!

I suddenly feel really bad for Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. Mere victims of high expectations and over drafting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He looks improved this preseason, but for him to still be "painting by numbers" essentially in year 3 is a total embarrassment for a #2 overall pick.

Similar to how franchises go into "rebuild" mode, they have to essentially tear Wilson down from the ground up and try to make him into a professional QB.

The vocal Wilson fanboys / apologists still hanging on would probably support him even if played for NE.

The post-season reports from ZR and others were that he had some sort of performance breakdown between the GB and DEN games, that he couldn't hit the broadside of the barn during the DEN practice week, and how it scared the frick out of the rest of the team.

He proceeded to play like dogsh-t in DEN, where he got bailed out by the Defense, Legatron, and Breece Hall's 65 yard TD run.

That's really scary.

The team is rolling, defying expectation, and he suddenly can't throw the ball.

Even if he can correct the mechanical flaws and bad habits and learn to read defenses etc., what's the cure for not being mentally tough / resilient enough?

It is amazing that few think the attrocious offensive line play had anything to do with it.  No professional QB could stand up under the constant, early pressure that Zach faced.  Aside from a clueless, stubborn coordinator, he had little time and was hit hard many times a game.  There were three serious failings - OC, QB & OL.

To be clear, Zach stunk but his OC and OL gave him absolutely no help.

4 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

It is amazing that few think the attrocious offensive line play had anything to do with it.  No professional QB could stand up under the constant, early pressure that Zach faced.  Aside from a clueless, stubborn coordinator, he had little time and was hit hard many times a game.  There were three serious failings - OC, QB & OL.

To be clear, Zach stunk but his OC and OL gave him absolutely no help.

ZW has made plenty of awful decisions / throws from clean pockets.

Besides, QBs in red non-contact jerseys don’t face “pressure” in 7 on 7 drills.

He was wildly erratic during the Denver practice week, which raised alarm bells at 1JD.

That is when the decision was made to elevate MFW to QB2. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Should have been major red flags his rookie year when they didn’t even bring in a legit vet to compete for the starting job.

Not even the pretense of a competition for “the good of the team”.

They spun it as all part of their “plan”, but the reality was:

— they knew Zach’s confidence was so fragile that he wouldn’t be able to cope with a legit competition vs NFL caliber talent

— they were afraid whatever vet they allowed to legitimately compete would win the job in camp and preseason and in the process make the GM look like a fool for drafting a COVID-inflated one-year wonder vs trash competition #2 overall

— he was coddled from the start and they continued to do so until his poor play and stunning cluelessness at the podium left them no choice but to pull the plug 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That entire play is designed to put a receiver eight yards away in front of his nose so it’s a simple pitch and catch. He threw it and the DB broke it up easily. How is that “perfect”?

how was the separation on that play ? I will need to watch it again.

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are on the cusp of maybe the greatest season in team history and you dopes are up to 11 pages on a player who is irrelevant this year.

The disease.....................................

i cant help arguing with the neg trolls. Its like a nervous twitch.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Every kids dream is to be remembered as one the biggest bust in NFL history!

“I want to be terrible at my job and booed by thousands but get paid a lot.”

Direct quote what I told my guidance counselor in high school 

• Haha 2