I'm Still Not Sold On Zach Wilson

He's is Brooks Bollinger 2.0. If you'll recall Brooksy could move the ball from the 20 to the 20 but always had a hard time putting it in the end zone. That misfire to a wide open who was it, Kenny Yeboah? is so typical of Wilson's shortcomings. Then I watched Tim Boyle dropping back, standing tall in the pocket and firing the ball DOWNFIELD. Then, putting the ball in the end zone. Once again, the Woody Johnson Jets are factoring into roster decision making, the position of WHERE a player was drafted by the team. They have been doing it since the turn of the century and it never works out, they let the better players go because the team drafted them. And yes, I think they're about to do the same thing with Wilson.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's is Brooks Bollinger 2.0. If you'll recall Brooksy could move the ball from the 20 to the 20 but always had a hard time putting it in the end zone. That misfire to a wide open who was it, Kenny Yeboah? is so typical of Wilson's shortcomings. Then I watched Tim Boyle dropping back, standing tall in the pocket and firing the ball DOWNFIELD. Then, putting the ball in the end zone. Once again, the Woody Johnson Jets are factoring into roster decision making, the position of WHERE a player was drafted by the team. They have been doing it since the turn of the century and it never works out, they let the better players go because the team drafted them. And yes, I think they're about to do the same thing with Wilson.

I sympathize with your take but in fairness they must figure Zach has upside where as Boyle is what he is.  I'm still willing to let it play out but it sux that Zach sux alright.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

With the exception of a handful of posters, no one is. Until he’s playing well in real games, no one will change their mind.

If he has to play just 1 "real game" we are so screwed. Tommy DeVito so far outplayed ZW last night it was scary. If the Giants somehow let DeVito go, JD should cut his losses, sign him, and release ZW. If ZW has to play any games this year, they will be 7-3 losses such as we saw all of last season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

And you know it's not like I hate the guy, I can sit and watch the games and call each play as I see it. "Way to step up Zach, good throw", I mean I root for EVERY Jets QB, hell, I was a big Al Woodall fan all those games that Namath would be hurt, getting operations on those gimpy knees. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I remember that play last night where he missed the receiver, but I can't find the video...does anyone have it?

As Paulie said in The Pope of Greenwich Village after Starry Hope lost by a nose "I don't need no 'pitchurs'..." That play is ingrained in my mind. They showed the angle from behind the QB and to see a guy miss so dreadfully on a sure TD pass just made me see that he's never going to be anything but that which he is right now.

If he was a Patriot draftee instead of a Jet, he would have been cut last year.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

CAN WE PLEASE STOP ******* TALKING ABOUT THIS KID NOW ITS AARON ******* RODGERS TIME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SOME OF YOU ******* NEED HELP 

Yet many of you continue to take the bait.  You simply cannot let a single negative Zach post go unchallenged.  Zach has been the primary QB throughout the preseason so it's only right to talk about him.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

38 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I remember that play last night where he missed the receiver, but I can't find the video...does anyone have it?

Whoever finds it see if you can find the absolute dime he throws down the sideline that’s gets dropped by the receiver

thanks in advance

• Upvote 1

Zach's preseason was underwhelming.

For whatever reason, the level of play of those around him just seems to go down more often than not.  Brownlee dropping passes, Gipson dropping passes, Hardman dropping passes, missing wide open throws for walk in TDs down the seam.  It's not great.  When players consistently makes mistakes around you, it doesn't speak well of you.

I understand the process of a reset.  I think he did a better job of making quick reads and getting the ball out quickly this preseason.  It's something he hadn't done in the first two years of his career.  But is it good enough?

If we are being objective, Boyle outplayed him this preseason.  They were mostly playing with the same group of players around them so it was an even playing field.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

You people better wake up, the Jets QB path is as follows:

- Rodgers for 2-3 years

- Wilson growing behind the scenes being evaluated/groomed by
Rodgers, Hackett, Downing

- Douglas will decline his fifth year option but will extend
him a "baby extension" (2 years, $30 million, $20 guaranteed)

- Wilson will then take the baton from Rodgers

You can "hate" him all you want but he showed definite improvement
and growth during camp/pre-season.  To discount the unfortunate loss
of Greg Knapp and what he could've provided during Wilson's first
two years is foolish.  LaFleur wanted to design and call plays but
he was ill-equipped to engage/teach Wilson.  He's getting that teaching
now and the entire organization is committed to the process.  Deal
with it

Well said.  Thank you for more or less giving voice to my thoughts on this as well. 

• Upvote 1