It's too early to give up

PorP

I am not sure I can survive another 16 games watching Zack Wilson (try to) play QB. Having said that, friggin Breece Hall is going to be (if he isn't already) the best RB in football bar none if he stays on the field, The guy is just unbelievable. We have so much talent at the skills, if somehow we can snag a competent QB we can still make a lot of noise in the AFC. How amazing was it after hard knocks, seeing Gipson being the guy to win the game for us a la NE last season LOL with the PR? 

7 minutes ago, PorP said:

Got the devastation but here are a few things that are silver lining,  some we didn't have last year. 

We won the turnover battle huge. 

Penalties were really low,  2 for 10 yards. 

5 sacks on one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL

67% completion by the back up QB

A kicker who actually kicks field goals

Breece had 109 yards on his first 2 carries and now he is back up by pro bowl cook. 

Just saying,  maybe give it a week of ZW practicing with the 1's and NH actually planning for ZW.

We got off to a great start last year because we had Breece healthy and AVT. This year we added some more weapons, have Becton back - Zach will still be helped by Arod - no reason why we can't be where we were last year before the injury to Breece - but even better with Becton run blocking for him.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he utilizes the data at hand to make the best possible decision, and this isn't seen as a positive attribute by you?

No wonder JN is filled with so many degenerate gamblers.

It's a great and needed skill set.  Middle management everywhere does it. 

But true success comes from belief in people, thinking outside the box and talking calculated risk. 

1 minute ago, PorP said:

It's a great and needed skill set.  Middle management everywhere does it. 

But true success comes from belief in people, thinking outside the box and talking calculated risk. 

I believe in Gardner Minshew, and trading for him would be an outside-the-box solution of sorts.  Does that count?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I for one am looking forward to having to caveat every post with “I hope Zach does well, though” for the next 4 months.

I'm not.  

He was objectively the worst QB in the NFL the past two years, and he wasn't great last night, win or not.

I refuse to engage in the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different outcome on this.  

We are once again the wort team in the NFL at the most key position in the NFL.  We may compete because of the D, or the RB's, but that only gets you so far.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I for one am looking forward to having to caveat every post with “I hope Zach does well, though” for the next 4 months.

It's like some twisted Hell loop. 

We will be watching a loaded roster win 7 or 8 games for the next two seasons having the same repetitive arguments over Zach Wilson. There will be juuuuuuuuust enough good moments to give people false hope. And it will essentially be three straight years of the same Jets fan experience - a very talented team held back by a bottom QB that we have the same discussion about on a daily basis

It's so depressing

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

I refuse to engage in the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different outcome on this.  

We are once again the wort team in the NFL at the most key position in the NFL.  We may compete because of the D, or the RB's, but that only gets you so far.

Just now, slimjasi said:

It's like some twisted Hell loop. 

We will be watching a loaded roster win 7 or 8 games for the next two seasons having the same repetitive arguments over Zach Wilson. There will be juuuuuuuuust enough good moments to give people false hope. And it will essentially be three straight years of the same Jets fan experience - a very talented team held back by a bottom QB that we have the same discussion about on a daily basis

It's so depressing

Time is a flat circle.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe in Gardner Minshew, and trading for him would be an outside-the-box solution of sorts.  Does that count?

For any finite resource — and yes that includes time and effort to inspire and develop people — informed decisions must be made to maximize the return of the application of those resources.

”If you prioritize everything, you prioritize nothing.”

• Upvote 1

If the Jets run with Wilson as the QB1 the rest of the season, then THEY are giving up.  This defense is too good to waste another year.  The need to do whatever it takes to get a veteran QB in here who can act as a game manager and keep mistakes to a minimum and let the defense do their thing to keep us in every game.