Jets record at bye week

What is the Jets record as they enter the bye week?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Jets record as they enter the bye week?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2023 at 04:00 PM

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one was expecting him to comeback and win.  But you most definately want to see a td or 2 put up in garbage time where a comeback was a slight possibility.

JamesR, you are cordially invite to the Defcon 4 thread on Sunday around 4:00pm EST.  It will be a raw, honest discussion about the state of this team.  I am looking forward to your contributions.

I'm going to use one of the most overused statements on this forum, but here goes ... "I'm a realist". :D 

I know we are in a bad place, things look bleak, and our chances of having a winning season, never mind the playoffs, are not great. I know Zach is a bottom of the league QB, and that there is no magic switch about to flick on where he "gets it" and starts having multiple TD games on a regular basis while not turning the ball over.

I will, however, refuse to give up on the season. We can still win games as a team - with Zach, because of Zach, despite Zach, whatever - we can still win some games, and the upcoming game against NE is one of those that I do not see as a foregone conclusion. Sloppy, low scoring, war of attrition, mistake ridden, don't care right now. It won't be a glorious 300+ yard 4 TD passing performance, but beating the Patsies and getting rid of the whole "Beli has our number" and "15 in a row" garbage that I keep reading here would be so sweet. Football is so week to week that one good game, or one bad game, does not mean anything about the following week - just as what happened last year has no bearing on what happens on Sunday. 

So if we win, I'll be on here fully enjoying it with anyone else who cares to do so (and probably arguing about how there are no "meaningless wins" ;-) ). If we lose, I'll be on here dissecting it as we usually do, but trying to stay realistic that no one player is "it" - win or lose. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol fair enough.  OK, we don't often win in Denver.  Lost 26-0 there in 2021.  23-0 in 2017.  The Tebow game in 2011.  

What's our head to head against Sean Payton? There's one guy I wouldn't mind heaping more misery on. ;-) 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They were absolutely part of the reason.  I didnt see Daniel Jones throwing multiple picks just cause his team was down 28.  He threw tds to win the game.

Only in jetland is it ok to not expect any type of comeback when you are down.  Just throw 3 picks and then tell everyone it wasnt a big deal.

Jet fans…………

Different situations I know but Zach has 20 games plus under his belt.

jones has a few more and howell has a few.

ask ourselves this - down 4 with 5 minutes to go to beat the pats. Out if jones, howell or Zach who do you want under center?

gotta be honest here and Zach is 3rd on that list.

sorry but it is what it is

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 10:04 AM, jamesr said:

I'm going to use one of the most overused statements on this forum, but here goes ... "I'm a realist". :D 

I know we are in a bad place, things look bleak, and our chances of having a winning season, never mind the playoffs, are not great. I know Zach is a bottom of the league QB, and that there is no magic switch about to flick on where he "gets it" and starts having multiple TD games on a regular basis while not turning the ball over.

I will, however, refuse to give up on the season. We can still win games as a team - with Zach, because of Zach, despite Zach, whatever - we can still win some games, and the upcoming game against NE is one of those that I do not see as a foregone conclusion. Sloppy, low scoring, war of attrition, mistake ridden, don't care right now. It won't be a glorious 300+ yard 4 TD passing performance, but beating the Patsies and getting rid of the whole "Beli has our number" and "15 in a row" garbage that I keep reading here would be so sweet. Football is so week to week that one good game, or one bad game, does not mean anything about the following week - just as what happened last year has no bearing on what happens on Sunday. 

So if we win, I'll be on here fully enjoying it with anyone else who cares to do so (and probably arguing about how there are no "meaningless wins" ;-) ). If we lose, I'll be on here dissecting it as we usually do, but trying to stay realistic that no one player is "it" - win or lose. 

This will probably earn you more hate from the community than love, but you're a good and under-rated poster I think.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, Hex said:

I got 3-3. Jets are very talented but the Cowboys just seem unstoppable. Jets beat Denver and win one of the other 3. Not sure which one. Chiefs and Eagles have both shown more weakness than they did last season, and Patriots suck but not against the Jets.

Well turns out the Cowboys were stoppable and the Patriots did suck against the Jet (But the Jets sucked more). I got pretty close here.

On 9/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, bitonti said:

i don't know where to put this stat but yesterday Jason Pinnock had 13 tackles, 3 TFL and 4 "stops" which are tackles on 3rd or 4th down that get the defense off the field 

meanwhile Tony Adams hurt himself on a personal foul and Adrian Amos (washed) played most of the game 

Adrian Amos

Dalvin Cook

Laken Tomlinson 

Duane Brown 

Aaron Rodgers

all washed players that Joe Douglas brought in to win a SB 

You are what your record says you are.  We are 3-3 and now face the easier part of the schedule.  Tony Adams helped win the last game and Zac Wilson did his complimentary part.   Rodgers looks to be back later this season.  What are you going to chirp about now?

22 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You are what your record says you are.  We are 3-3 and now face the easier part of the schedule.  Tony Adams helped win the last game and Zac Wilson did his complimentary part.   Rodgers looks to be back later this season.  What are you going to chirp about now?

Pinnock had a 102 yard pick 6 

don't worry I'll find something to chirp about

Zach Wilson wasn't very good. He had a couple decent throws and didn't turn it over but he also wasn't very good. Especially in the red zone

ill give it up for Tony Adams but I also don't know why the Eagles were passing deep on 3rd and 7 with the lead and the Jets no time outs 

I don't know how they won that game or the Denver one to be honest. None of it seems sustainable. 

the rest of those players pretty much don't contribute. Laken has been trending toward average.