The coaches suck at coaching

Would Hackett be better with a competent above average QB? Sure, probably. But doing things like running the ball every single 1st down is disgusting. If you're going to to stick with Zach, then just f'n play. I'd rather they open the offense and throw it then be timid and go absolutely no where. Mike McDaniel made it a point with Tua to show he believes in him over and over when he first got there.  What do the Jets do? Let's scale it all back and take it out of your hands. Watching other offenses seems like an alternate universe. 

And defense? I was giving Saleh the benefit of the doubt with rotating but enough. Play your good players. Will McDonald barely being on the field is criminal when nobody else is getting pressure. Quinnen should be averaging 85% of the snaps at the least. He's at around 65. Just dumb. And I can tell you for a fact Quinnen hates it and wants to play more but it's  not up to him. When you do things like that, you lose me. 

Fire Saleh . Give me Ben Johnson. Thank you, good night.

• Sympathy 1

In defense of Hackett, his whole game planning depended on Rodgers being qb. There’s no telling how much Hackett has actually prepared for having Zach. These first three games almost seem like trading camp for the offense.  The oline is being shuffled around and only yesterdays grouping actually looked decent compared to the show they put on in Dallas.  They need to get it straightened out asap.

Probably a good time to note Saleh bombed his interview with the Lions. They made the right call. 

Saleh is getting kneecapped with Wilson but the guy is also a fraud. The line he had -“we want guys who love football and not what football gives to them” Hey Bob, enough with the bleacher runs you narcissistic boob.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

In defense of Hackett, his whole game planning depended on Rodgers being qb. There’s no telling how much Hackett has actually prepared for having Zach. These first three games almost seem like trading camp for the offense.  The oline is being shuffled around and only yesterdays grouping actually looked decent compared to the show they put on in Dallas.  They need to get it straightened out asap.

Every other competent OC can adapt their offense Romo openly calling out this doofus on national television

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

It's troubling when you have to completely shift your ENTIRE strategy because your starter went down. 

If they stop playing scared, MAYBE they can give the offense some confidence. And not have to go into a shell of playing mistake free because they want to rely on the defense. 

But that's what Saleh wants. He probably enjoyed that game and is pissed his defense gave up an easy touchdown, and otherwise would have won the game if they didn't. 

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

It's troubling when you have to completely shift your ENTIRE strategy because your starter went down. 

If they stop playing scared, MAYBE they can give the offense some confidence. And not have to go into a shell of playing mistake free because they want to rely on the defense. 

But that's what Saleh wants. He probably enjoyed that game and is pissed his defense gave up an easy touchdown, and otherwise would have won the game if they didn't. 

I think they are playing scared because they know the capabilities of the sh*t sandwich they have leading the offense.  If they open it up for Zach it will be an even bigger disaster than it already is.  

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I think they are playing scared because they know the capabilities of the sh*t sandwich they have leading the offense.  If they open it up for Zach it will be an even bigger disaster than it already is.  

It's a bigger disaster when you have to play from behind and constantly pressing.

Opening up doesn't mean 5 Wide, throwing every down. Just starting with an easy throw to complete on first down would be a nice start.

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

It's a bigger disaster when you have to play from behind and constantly pressing.

Opening up doesn't mean 5 Wide, throwing every down. Just starting with an easy throw to complete on first down would be a nice start.

Nothing with Zach Wilson is an easy throw.  Every single throw is painful.  I'm not even exaggerating.  

• Upvote 1

The coaches don't suck, they are being forced to trot out number 2 every week and will be blamed for not fixing him, when he cant be fixed. He is at best a serviceable bottom end of the league number 2 and that's after he sits for 3 years on someone's practice squad.

Browning Nagle had all the athletic tools also, but he did not have it where it counted, between the ears, and Zach is in the same boat.

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather see a 3td 4int game than watch a team playing scared for 4 quarters. I would play a hurry up offense from the start - it opens things up. Throw the ball around the yard and then try and establish the run. Loosen it up - nothing to lose now. It's so obvious we have coaches that are playing not to lose instead of to win. Zach can throw the ball downfield - just freakin' do it!

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hackett's entire career was predicated on Aaron Rodgers actually calling plays from the field. Its like hiring Peyton Manning's former OC....

Oh, yeah....

Good thing we didn't hire that McCarthy guy, though. He's old and the game has passed him by.... 

Wasn't McCarthy's entire career predicated on Aaron Rodgers as well though?

Btw, let's hold off on the McCarthy praise until at least the end of the season. 

16 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I think there’s truth to that. Saleh looks at the first game and think they can run the ball.  And he thinks his defense won’t give up any points. Okay I think most jets fans think that but running takes a special mind set and the lets oline just isn’t that ready.  As for throwing the ball, I think Zach has made some really good improvement over last season. He’s staying in the pocket more and not losing yards with bad scramble.  And he’s been pretty accurate. I counted four drops on Sunday where the ball was right on the receivers hands.

16 hours ago, Green Truth said:

The coaches don't suck, they are being forced to trot out number 2 every week and will be blamed for not fixing him, when he cant be fixed. He is at best a serviceable bottom end of the league number 2 and that's after he sits for 3 years on someone's practice squad.

Browning Nagle had all the athletic tools also, but he did not have it where it counted, between the ears, and Zach is in the same boat.

Saleh has been bad on so many levels.   He doesn't know how to talk to the team, the fans or the media.  He has coddled Zach going into season 3.  He let the locker room divide and the team crashed down the stretch last year with a real shot to get into the playoffs.  He doesn't believe in game planning and adjustments.  He's entire MO is based on having the best personal and lining up in a vanilla attack and beating your opponent.  There is no creativity.   Sauce looks like he's gone down hill.  GW is a great kid and trying to be a team guy but the frustration is boiling up.  

Zach simply has no feel for the pro game.  3 years in.   Saleh thinks holding his hand is going to make him an NFL QB.  It's absurd.  Saleh also showed his lack of loyalty when he was forced to get rid of MLF to save his ass.  Don't think everyone associated with the team doesn't know it.  

• Upvote 1