Brandon Tierney is an absolute moron

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was a little surprised. I know he hasn't been good but after starting 25 games in the NFL you'd think he would have squeaked out at least one 3 TD game.

Yeah well when the offensive coordinator refuses to call the good plays it's tough.

Just call the good plays!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MileyCyrusFan said:

“Jets finally figured out how to use Zach”. 

“The Zach revenge tour starts Sunday”

“Zach is going to Wally pip Rodgers”

How do these guys get on the radio?

These guys are also the same ones who were ripping Zach a week ago.  Sure it’s still too early to tell if Zach can get a string going but these guys were vicious in their criticism.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was a little surprised. I know he hasn't been good but after starting 25 games in the NFL you'd think he would have squeaked out at least one 3 TD game.

It's cause when Zach throws 2 TDs the Jets are normally in the lead and so they start handing it off to Breece every single play.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Actually not understanding why they don’t take the reasonable middle of the road opinion is not to bright 

Yup and there is a guy who does exactly what you say - Richard neere.

he is polite, listens, let’s the caller have their opinion and does not do the whole hot take approach

here is the issue though, most call him boring and the network has never given him a prime spot.

these stations want controversy, they want ridiculous takes as the experts have told them that drives ratings

for me, I prefer neere’s approach but that is the minority 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Yup and there is a guy who does exactly what you say - Richard neere.

he is polite, listens, let’s the caller have their opinion and does not do the whole hot take approach

here is the issue though, most call him boring and the network has never given him a prime spot.

these stations want controversy, they want ridiculous takes as the experts have told them that drives ratings

for me, I prefer neere’s approach but that is the minority 

I'm 100% with you.  I enjoy listening to Richard Neer as well.  I do like that he's on Saturday and Sunday mornings though.  It's sort of a quiet time and he's an easy listen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I agree with him but we will have to see if Saleh allows the offense to continue playing the way they did and if Zach is up to it.

I will say this. in his interview this week Zach seemed like a completely different person. Happy confident thoughtful.

Excited to see what happens. 2nd most important game in Zach's career Zach has actually played very few mediocre to poor defenses in his career. He gets one tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The FAN hired Spike Eskin out of Philly to head up their content division, and his plan has been to turn the dumb, loud meathead dial up to 11 and see if he can draw in the Jersey Shore crowd that boosted Carton to big ratings. It’s not how the FAN used to do things, but they’re now competing with a lot of better digital programming and they can’t compete head up. Thus, the screaming idiocy of Tierney, Licata, and Tiki. The death rattle is upon them.

I’m not usually a get-off-my-lawn type, but I think part of this is generational. If you have a decent voice and a pocketful of #takes, you can make more money in podcasting, so the pool of people willing to make their bones in the radio industry proper is shrinking.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

I’m not usually a get-off-my-lawn type, but I think part of this is generational. If you have a decent voice and a pocketful of #takes, you can make more money in podcasting, so the pool of people willing to make their bones in the radio industry proper is shrinking.

I have no evidence whatsoever for this, btw; it’s just a feeling

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Oh, absolutely. In some ways, I feel bad for guys like Licata and Malusis who grinded for decades as producers and overnight fill in guys just to get a chance at hosting a show one day, only to have their chance come when the whole industry is defunct and now they can’t draw a tenth of the audience of a C-list Ringer or Barstool pod hosted by a couple of 26 year olds.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Any business that chases after Craig Carton is probably not one any sensible person wants to be part of.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone with a cell phone would still listen to WFAN.  There are just so many quality sports podcasts....

Whether you want NY Sports, National Sports or one specific team (i.e. Jets) there are scores of shows for any thing you want.  With far few commercials and far less annoying broadcasters.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone with a cell phone would still listen to WFAN.  There are just so many quality sports podcasts....

Whether you want NY Sports, National Sports or one specific team (i.e. Jets) there are scores of shows for any thing you want.  With far few commercials and far less annoying broadcasters.

The station has fallen off a cliff since Francesa and Beningo both retired.

• Upvote 1