Props to Wilson

Ghost

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

How many times do you see offenses score the first play after a turnover. The Jets approach is to make sure they get 3 or 4 yards on first down, You can't play sacred in the NFL especially when the rules favor the offense . 

Agreed.

Understand why they would lean on Breece so heavy considering the hot hand he was playing with all game, but I would have liked to see some more throwing on first down like we saw against the chiefs, especially when they were sitting mid-field after the fumble off the reverse.

Don’t think Hackett did enough to conjure up plays specifically for Garrett Wilson, they should have done a better job of trying to get their WR1 involved on a consistent basis. Felt like they couldn’t find any balance. It was either run it down their throats or catch them up the seam off a fake. Conklin ate yesterday because of it though.

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

LOL where am I bitching?  All I did was point out that Zach’s throw was too late.  I guess any criticism of Zach counts as bitching to you?

All these replies and yet no one I’ve been discussing with has conceded that Zach was late.  Anything but that. Can’t possibly be Zach’s fault.  Every time this happens, it has to be solely the WR’s fault.  Nothing else can be true.

Now go finish downvoting or confused-ing the rest of my posts.

Zach's fault for what?  It was a dropped pass.  QB's are not perfect.  You get the ball into your WR hands when he's unimpeded  it's a catch almost every time.   Yes it wasn't Joe Montana hitting Jerry Rice in stride with a pass that had just enough pace to get through the DL and stop dead when it hit him in the hands in full stride.  It was a typical NFL ball that happens in almost every game that's cought 95% of the time by decent not great NFL WR.  Some of them actually score on that play.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

LOL where am I bitching?  All I did was point out that Zach’s throw was too late.  I guess any criticism of Zach counts as bitching to you?

All these replies and yet no one I’ve been discussing with has conceded that Zach was late.  Anything but that. Can’t possibly be Zach’s fault.  Every time this happens, it has to be solely the WR’s fault.  Nothing else can be true.

Now go finish downvoting or confused-ing the rest of my posts.

How do you know it’s late from this video, I can’t see that GW was his first option or if ZW was going to a 2nd or 3rd option.  
And can’t understand how being wide open and a pass that hits a WR in the hands is uncatchable and on the QB if it was late.  
So stop arguing with everyone who’s telling you you’re wrong.  No one has confused anything other than you 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The safety recognized the route and literally made contact with Wilson right after the ball hit him.  That’s not wide open.

The S reacts after the pass is missed and is 2-3 yards behind GW when the pass hits his hands.  Have no clue what the issue is, catch the ball and try to fight your way into the EZ.  It’s football

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach's fault for what?  It was a dropped pass.  QB's are not perfect.  You get the ball into your WR hands when he's unimpeded  it's a catch almost every time.   Yes it wasn't Joe Montana hitting Jerry Rice in stride with a pass that had just enough pace to get through the DL and stop dead when it hit him in the hands in full stride.  It was a typical NFL ball that happens in almost every game that's cought 95% of the time by decent not great NFL WR.  Some of them actually score on that play.  

The point of my posts continue to sail over your head.  I am arguing that the pass was late.

• WTF? 1

The point of my posts continue to sail over your head.  I am arguing that the pass was late.

I'm arguing it was good enough in real NFL conditions.  So were clear.  On the blackboard it was slightly late.  Under real NFL conditions it was a dropped pass.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm arguing it was good enough in real NFL conditions.  So were clear.  On the blackboard it was slightly late.  Under real NFL conditions it was a dropped pass.  

Should have been caught 100% but the pass was way late and inaccurate. Being late has consistently been a problem with Zach. He needs to speed up processing.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Late in the context that he was definitively the 1st read/target on that play , you take a bit of assumption with your premise. 

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The S reacts after the pass is missed and is 2-3 yards behind GW when the pass hits his hands.  Have no clue what the issue is, catch the ball and try to fight your way into the EZ.  It’s football

06961FA0-4BF0-469F-9AA0-1BC779C622AF.thumb.png.fec96eec6bdece50c7915c089c919899.png

This is when Garrett lands on the ground.  Pretty sure he can’t levitate.  And the S reacted well before Zach even threw the ball, so you are wrong again and just talking out of your a*s.

So landing and immediately juking a charging safety at arms length is easier than just throwing the ball half a second earlier?  What?

Zach stared down Lazard before moving to Wilson and hesitating.  He had more than enough time and took too long.  Not the end of the world, just pointed it out and you and the other member of the Zach Defender Force are blowing a gasket over it.

15 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Imagine having an actual argument against anything I stated(!)

I point out the issues because I want to win more.  You people obviously don't.

Imagine, we actually won.  There is nothing to argue.  Did he play as well as he did in KC?  No.  Did he play better against New England?  Yes.  

I forgot they started dividing the win column into "wins because the QB was lights out" and "wins because the QB was sub-standard."

We are riding with Zach.  Jump on the train or watch the train derail in the distance.  But you ain't changing who we are riding with. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Glad you finally said it despite your workaround.  Under real NFL conditions it was a dropped pass that would not have amounted to anything if caught.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Imagine, we actually won.  There is nothing to argue.  Did he play as well as he did in KC?  No.  Did he play better against New England?  Yes.  

I forgot they started dividing the win column into "wins because the QB was lights out" and "wins because the QB was sub-standard."

We are riding with Zach.  Jump on the train or watch the train derail in the distance.  But you ain't changing who we are riding with. 

This

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

06961FA0-4BF0-469F-9AA0-1BC779C622AF.thumb.png.fec96eec6bdece50c7915c089c919899.png

This is when Garrett lands on the ground.  Pretty sure he can’t levitate.  And the S reacted well before Zach even threw the ball, so you are wrong again and just talking out of your a*s.

So landing and immediately juking a charging safety at arms length is easier than just throwing the ball half a second earlier?  What?

Zach stared down Lazard before moving to Wilson and hesitating.  He had more than enough time and took too long.  Not the end of the world, just pointed it out and you and the other member of the Zach Defender Force are blowing a gasket over it.

Given his hands are down, this isn’t where the S was when he dropped the pass.  And I was right, this wasn’t his first option.  He looked off Lazard and threw a pass to a wide open GW who dropped the pass.  This is your criticism of ZW?  Ok. Live with it, you haven’t convinced anyone that pass was too late to catch

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Late in the context that he was definitively the 1st read/target on that play , you take a bit of assumption with your premise. 

I don’t because I never said or assumed he was the first read.  Lazard was.  Zach was just a bit slow.  He only looked left that play, Lazard then Garett.

Even Matt Ryan pointed it out.  They had a chance with Garrett earlier but it came out too late.

8 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Lol no sh!t I’m not changing who the QB is.  This is the 2nd train.  The previous one already derailed.  I was smart enough last year to get off before the 1st one did.  And I’ll watch the 2nd not get to where it should be going.

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I don’t because I never said or assumed he was the first read.  Lazard was.  Zach was just a bit slow.  He only looked left that play, Lazard then Garett.

Even Matt Ryan pointed it out.  They had a chance with Garrett earlier but it came out too late.

And if Matt Ryan said it was a good throw the retort would be what does he know the guy knows how to lose and throw picks and choke away a 28-3 superbowl lead, but carry on in believing what you believe . 

• Haha 1

Lol no sh!t I’m not changing who the QB is.  This is the 2nd train.  The previous one already derailed.  I was smart enough last year to get off before the 1st one did.  And I’ll watch the 2nd not get to where it should be going.

Good for you. Stay off the train then.  

In the end....Who gives a S**t?  Its a game owned by billionaires, played by millionaires, to keep the working class entertained so they show up on Monday morning to turn screws and hammer nails.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given his hands are down, this isn’t where the S was when he dropped the pass.  And I was right, this wasn’t his first option.  He looked off Lazard and threw a pass to a wide open GW who dropped the pass.  This is your criticism of ZW?  Ok. Live with it, you haven’t convinced anyone that pass was too late to catch

He dropped the pass in midair.  I already said he could not levitate.  You are wrong.

I never said it was his first option.  Took him 3 seconds to get through 2 reads.  Lazard was blanketed from the get go.

And you just continue to dig further away from my point.  I said the pass was too late to amount to a TD.  I do not care about the catch.  Listen to the broadcast.  Matt Ryan explains the missed opportunity.  I’m going to assume he knows how to go through 2 reads better than you Zach lovers do.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Good for you. Stay off the train then.  

In the end....Who gives a S**t?  It’s a game owned by billionaires, played by millionaires, to keep the working class entertained so they show up on Monday morning to turn screws and hammer nails.  

Apparently you do given you’ve replied to my posts.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ball was definitely late, Zach was probably hoping for a jump ball opportunity to Lazard but he has to be quicker. Even still it should’ve been caught and Garrett would’ve had a split second to make a move. A drop and a bit late, it can be all of the above.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And if Matt Ryan said it was a good throw the retort would be what does he know the guy knows how to lose and throw picks and choke away a 28-3 superbowl lead, but carry on in believing what you believe . 

Damn nice retort.  Great job belittling a successful franchise QB just to defend Zach on a failed play.

Anything to defend Zach.  Spoiler alert, he threw it away the next play on 3rd down.  Enjoy your field goals.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

Damn nice retort.  Great job belittling a successful franchise QB just to defend Zach on a failed play.

Anything to defend Zach.  Spoiler alert, he threw it away the next play on 3rd down.  Enjoy your field goals.

Enjoy your overwhelming objectivity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Matty Ice has to be one of the most overrated QB's of all time. Remind me what that guy has ever won. Just sayin'

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Matty Ice has to be one of the most overrated QB's of all time. Remind me what that guy has ever won. Just sayin'

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He won nothing but is the greatest QB in Falcons’ franchise history and took them to a bowl.  That means something at least.  Was never a huge fan either.

Looking back at this game and rewatching all of his throws, I’m firmly sticking to my stance. He went 6/9 on 3rd down and came up big when we needed him in the 2nd half. Is he playing like an elite QB? Absolutely not. Is he playing like a QB that do enough for us not to lose? Absolutely. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

at the time, that was 100% true, you are using hindsight and revisionist history to make a really wrong point. Had Brady been a normal 6th round pick and sucked, Bledsoe would have come back in and resumed as starter, he didnt, he never did. The second AR is healthy he is back and ZW is on the bench, he is a backup, nothing more. Get a grip hombre, and please for the love of god shave, its too much

Honestly that last sentence is grossing me out. 

Here is my point. AR is not coming back this season no matter what. Zach will bury the Jets in the standings and we will be out of the playoffs. Why would you bring him back? Zach is our starter. And guess what, I am not convinced AR will play even next season. After watching this team, he may decide to just hang it up, so I am going by what is currently on the table, not what you are hoping for which is AR riding in like a white knight. That seems further and further from reality  with each game.