The Jets have not won a Non Fitzpatrick Game after the bye since…

The man is has coached 40 games with the Jets and his team has only had the lead in the first half in 6 of them (and one of those games was coached by Ron Middleton). 

It’s pretty crazy how in those 40 games we really haven’t seen one performance in which the Jets took control of the game from the start and dominated. Even Gase and Bowles had a couple of those types of games. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

The man is has coached 40 games with the Jets and his team has only had the lead in the first half in 6 of them (and one of those games was coached by Ron Middleton). 

It’s pretty crazy how in those 40 games we really haven’t seen one performance in which the Jets took control of the game from the start and dominated. Even Gase and Bowles had a couple of those types of games. 

Please check your grammar before starting a trashy thread.  The man is has coached...what is that?  Please don't embarrass yourself, use grammar and spell check before posting threads; especially on a  bad thread like this one. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

The Jets have not won a game after the bye week since they beat the Washington Redskins at home in 2015 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I misunderstood his point.  My facts were not facts.

The Jets bye week last year was Sunday, November 13th. I remember it vividly, because it was the day my father died, and the last thing I ever said to him was, "the Jets are on a bye today, wanna watch the Dolphins?" He said "OK", and passed away about 7 minutes later. 

On November 27th, 2022, 2 weeks after the Jets bye, the Jets did indeed beat the Bears 31-10. 

The entire thread is stupid and wrong. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets bye week last year was Sunday, November 13th. I remember it vividly, because the last thing I ever said to my Father was, "the Jets are on a bye today, wanna watch the Dolphins?" He said "OK", and passed away about 7 minutes later. 

On November 27th, 2022, 2 weeks after the Jets bye, the Jets did indeed beat the Bears 31-10. 

The entire thread is stupid and wrong. 

He is talking about the first game coming off the bye.  We lost to NE last year off the bye.  11/20/22. 

Only years that really matter are 2021 and 22.  Under Saleh.  What we did under prior staffs is irrelevant.  And 2 games is hardly a trend.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

He is talking about the first game coming off the bye.  We lost to NE last year off the bye.  11/20/22. 

Only years that really matter are 2021 and 22.  Under Saleh.  What we did under prior staffs is irrelevant.  And 2 games is hardly a trend.  

So not only is his point stupid, he doesn't know how to properly phrase what he is attempting to say? 

Yeah, he should definitely keep starting threads 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So not only is his point stupid, he doesn't know how to properly phrase what he is attempting to say? 

Yeah, he should definitely keep starting threads 

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think it is just a matter of time for him.

The Dalvin Cook of thread starters.

• Haha 1

No the op is 100% correct, while well coached teams feast after the bye week guys like reid and bellichick, the jets have a long history of falling flat on their asses after a bye week with extra rest and extra time to prepare.

Totally valid thread.

Want to shut down these negative nelly threads?  How about if we actually win a damn game after the bye.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

The Jets have not won a game after the bye week since they beat the Washington Redskins at home in 2015 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Prior to that the Jets beat the Fitzpatrick Bills in 2011 and the Fitzpatrick Bengals in 2008 after the bye.

The last non Fitzpatrick win was actually a huge upset. The 2007 Jets (1-8) beat the 7-2 Steelers at Giants Stadium with Kellen Clemens.

In fact Mangini was AWESOME after the bye. 3-0 with upset wins against the Patriots and Steelers. Rex, Bowles, Gase, and Saleh are a combined 2-12 after the bye. 

As BOOmer Esiason says

one play

one quarter

one half

one win at a time. 

Don't get your balls in a uproar.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No the op is 100% correct, while well coached teams feast after the bye week guys like reid and bellichick, the jets have a long history of falling flat on their asses after a bye week with extra rest and extra time to prepare.

Totally valid thread.

Want to shut down these negative nelly threads?  How about if we actually win a damn game after the bye.

Nonsense.  Let's talk about why it's Bob Salads fault that in the mid 1970s the Jets played poorly on days after a full moon. It's irrelevant.  

Wilson is craptacular, Dalvin Cook sucks, JD has some questionable decisions, and Saleh has a losing record... but what happened 4 ******* admins ago is meaningless, and Hmherz is just being a tool. 

Pining for Mangini ffs. JFC 

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nonsense.  Let's talk about why it's Bob Salads fault that in the mid 1970s the Jets played poorly on days after a full moon. It's irrelevant.  

Wilson is craptacular, Dalvin Cook sucks, JD has some questionable decisions, and Saleh has a losing record... but what happened 4 ******* admins ago is meaningless, and Hmherz is just being a tool. 

Pining for Mangini ffs. JFC 

Wilson is craptacular?? cook sucks?  Oh so i assume that a well coached smart team is going to remove both of these players during the bye week right?  I mean this is the time, this is the chance to make changes right?

Wilson, cook and cobb will all be trotting out onto the field tomorrow.  But hey not Salehs fault!

1 hour ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

You do understand who the QBs of the Jets have been for the past couple of years, yes?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson is craptacular?? cook sucks?  Oh so i assume that a well coached smart team is going to remove both of these players during the bye week right?  I mean this is the time, this is the chance to make changes right?

Wilson, cook and cobb will all be trotting out onto the field tomorrow.  But hey not Salehs fault!

I agree. 

What does this have to do with what the 2005 Jets did? 😆 

None of this inanity is being uttered if... IF... the Jets weren't saddled with one of the 3 worst starters at QB in the league. 

Shrugs GIF

"He's getting better..." is fine. If we're talking about my 11 year old who is struggling with multiplying and dividing improper fractions, not a 3rd year QB drafted #2 overall who has finally figured out how to drop back in the pocket properly or how to throw to the hot when blitzed.

• Upvote 2