Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Biggest problem is that the jets probably won’t sniff the top 2 tackles with tennessee and the chargers drafting ahead of them.  So what do the jets do, take a decent right tackle or trade back?  

This is the Jets.  We'll be just outside of everything we need. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In fairness, douglas has tried to address offense early in the draft.  I do think it’s more or less a foregone conclusion they go tackle round 1.  I also think the best use of the draft capital would be trading back. 

Relying on a rookie LT is scary but relying on a JD rookie LT is terrifying. 

• Haha 3

The only time we ever sniffed a SB was 1998 when we led 10-0 against the Broncos in the AFC CG (and would've had to play the Falcons in the SB, who I'm confident we would've beaten).  A couple of years later, we lost the greatest CS this franchise has ever assembled and Herm Edwards was running the show.  (Plus, the Pats took our CS and had a 20 year dynasty).

On 12/29/2023 at 11:39 AM, Maynard13 said:

Don’t think so. It would be dumb. Fields has played much better over last few weeks. They’d have to start from scratch with Caleb and they probably wouldn’t get much trade value for Fields. They could trade the pick and get a stockpile of picks. They are rebuilding. They need talent. Perfect opportunity to get some much need ammo over next 2 years. And they still have their own first rounder at 7-10. 

Chicago will have a really hard decision to make, but I think Washington will make them an offer they can’t refuse. Josh Harris seems like an owner who would move heaven on earth to land Caleb Williams. Bears can get their 2nd back + Washington’s 2nd, and land a 1st next year just to move down 1-2 spots

• Upvote 2

Just now, oatmeal said:

Literally every org selecting in the top 10 all have reasons to look to the future and be optimistic especially since we have such a talented draft class ahead of us.

But us?

We got Rodgers guys… ☹️

It’s a good first round and we’re probably going to get a good one (at least that’s what i keep telling myself) but even if they do, so what.  Rodgers is gonna get hurt, no backup qb to groom, one wr.  The offense isn’t ready

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We can hold the victory over the Patriots' fans heads for all eternity.  Yes, you won 6 SBs, but we beat BB in his last game as HC of the NEP!

TAKE THAT!!!

Omg this 

This is soooo jets

AND CAN YOU IMAGINE SALEH AND THE TEAM AND ALL THE AFTER GAME ANTICS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

These dudes will be acting like they just got chip 3 to complete a championship dynasty 

😭😭😭

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

Chicago will have a really hard decision to make, but I think Washington will make them an offer they can’t refuse. Josh Harris seems like an owner who would move heaven on earth to land Caleb Williams. Bears can get their 2nd back + Washington’s 2nd, and land a 1st next year just to move down 1-2 spots

Caleb is from the DC area so the Commanders fan base would support such a move, but the thought of resetting the rookie QB salary clock will be too much for the Bears to pass up IMO. 

Thoughts and prayers with you Max. None of what we cheer for as Jets fans matter, it's just an escape from being a grown up. You, on the other hand, are adulting at hospital with the people you love. In my thirty five years as a Jet fan, 2023 stands out as more acutely painful than any missed field Dougy O'Brien goal or Danny Boy fake spike. I knew without a legitimate offensive line, this year with a fading legend behind center was doomed early, but I dreamed...just as I did in the Kotite years when I had no business dreaming with Everett McIver -a guard at left tackle. Yet, I'm grateful for this gathering place and I'm grateful for your reminder of the Real World.  Family matters, football is just a cool wallpaper, a backdrop to our actual breathing, living lives.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Anti tank, pro tank it does not matter.

The Jets will draft where they draft.

I left a cancer hospital to go to that game. Was the only time I was outside in two weeks. Guess what I cheered for the Jets to win and I was happy. Sorry for being dramatic but this fan on fan stuff is nonsense in my mind.

If you want to root for the draft pick, that is fine. But people rooting for the Jets to win are entitled to do so. LOL, this shouldn't be newsworthy.

I don’t have any issue with fans rooting for meaningless wins. 

Despite my complaining, I was rooting for the Jets during that game and I was also rooting for the Jets this past Thursday - a game I attended in person. Being surrounded by drunk Cleveland fans as they clinched the playoffs was especially joyful. It turns out that I am physically incapable of rooting against the NYJ. 

My main point is that, our feelings aside, the Jets are better off losing and there is nothing wrong with stating that obvious reality. 

anyway, I hope your wife is hanging in there and I wish you and your fam a happy new year! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I don’t have any issue with fans rooting for meaningless wins. 

Despite my complaining, I was rooting for the Jets during that game and I was also rooting for the Jets this past Thursday - a game I attended in person. Being surrounded by drunk Cleveland fans as they clinched the playoffs was especially joyful. It turns out that I am physically incapable of rooting against the NYJ. 

My main point is that, our feelings aside, the Jets are better off losing and there is nothing wrong with stating that obvious reality. 

anyway, I hope your wife is hanging in there and I wish you and your fam a happy new year! 

Thanks brother. Sounds like we are on the exact same page.

The Jets have brought us to indifference unfortunately.

I did cheer when they won but at the same time I was like if they lose the better draft pick is a nice prize.

Happy New year!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Caleb is from the DC area so the Commanders fan base would support such a move, but the thought of resetting the rookie QB salary clock will be too much for the Bears to pass up IMO. 

Now this one is interesting. Let’s say WAS lands the #2 pick. Josh Harris wants Caleb Williams. Bears could land a kings randsom to move down 1 spot AND still land a QB in Maye AND land capital for Fields. Now that would be wild 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

And then some.

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Now this one is interesting. Let’s say WAS lands the #2 pick. Josh Harris wants Caleb Williams. Bears could land a kings randsom to move down 1 spot AND still land a QB in Maye AND land capital for Fields. Now that would be wild 

Or they can stay at 2 and pair MHJ with Moore. Really nice situation either way. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_4809.png

They will be forced to either reach for a tackle - kind of - take Latham or Fuaga who projects at around 20. There is no sure bet they will be able to trade back.  Maybe, if Daniels is still on the board. If not, dont see a trade back option.  And then what? With no 2nd rounder, they will be forced to either take Latham, Fugua or Mims. They have to get a starter on the OL.  Would JD trade up? With what? Would be very tough.  Trading back would be best if they can get a 2nd rounder in the trade and grab Fugua or Mims and then get a guard in round 2. This kind of really sucks.