****OFFICIAL JETS V DOLPHINS BLACK FRIDAY GAME FISH FILET THREAD****

T0mShane

24 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I remember last year when the fin fans had their “MetLife takeover” they planned since the offseason and we rolled them. Watching them leave was so much fun. Can’t make today due to holiday travel but get loud and have fun boys. Season is not cooked yet. Tanking is zero fun. 

I think this season is already cooked and the time for tanking is right now.  Zero fun, yes, but I think we're used to this drill by now considering we have the longest playoff drought in the 4 major sports.

20 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Go jump in a lake. Haven't you had enough Jets seasons of playing draft position Bingo? Personally I Boylieve the Jets start an historic run not seen since the 1986 season when we ran off 9 wins in a row 24-3 Jets

We don't have a choice.  Boyle is not the answer.  Nor is Siemian. 

We're all sick of draft bingo but it's the single best way to improve the team (as we saw from the outstanding 2022 draft).  Unless you're of the opinion that our approach should be to trade away top draft picks for guys like Devontae Adams (an approach that I would STRONGLY disagree with, though I think it might be what ends up happening).

And if we pick top 5, it also gives JD the option to trade down and get more picks while still having a good pick in the 1st round.  

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

So when @T0mShane called me into his office on Tuesday and let me know that the committee had some changes planned, I was less than excited. Tom, I said some things that I regret.

I have had some time to think about it, and my bad. I take it back. I think this is a great idea. Starting the game thread the day of the game has failed us. Your idea is a good one.

Love the optimism. Let's go Tim, get it done.

Please show some respect to The Committee and use proper capitalization.

I dunno the stats and it has been real hard on my eyes to even watch Jets O but it seemed to me they had ZW in shotgun 2/3 of the time? if not more and mostly on 1st down too it seemed.

Anywho not sure that will change with Boyle but I would like to see some more traditional play action with BH and GW show.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're all sick of draft bingo but it's the single best way to improve the team (as we saw from the outstanding 2022 draft).  Unless you're of the opinion that we should trade away top draft picks for guys like Devontae Adams.  I would HATE that approach (though I think it might be what ends up happening)

And if we pick top 5, it also gives JD the option to trade down and get more picks while still having a good pick in the 1st round.  

OK, and then after you dry off at around 3 this afternoon go take a quick dip with this guy

hqdefault.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I dunno the stats and it has been real hard on my eyes to even watch Jets O but it seemed to me they had ZW in shotgun 2/3 of the time? if not more and mostly on 1st down too it seemed.

Anywho not sure that will change with Boyle but I would like to see some more traditional play action with BH and GW show.

Boyle is apparently an expert in Nate Hackett's system.  So if it turns out that he's secretly as talented as Aaron Rodgers then I might Boyleieve.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're all sick of draft bingo but it's the single best way to improve the team (as we saw from the outstanding 2022 draft).  Unless you're of the opinion that our approach should be to trade away top draft picks for guys like Devontae Adams, an approach that I would STRONGLY disagree with (though I think it might be what ends up happening).

That 2022 draft was a real good draft and I dont mean that from the JETS POV.  I mean there were many teams that benefit from that draft.  So yeah JD had good draft but it was more cant miss than scouting as the rest of his drafts have really sucked.  Anyway hoping for him to do well in the next draft is just a crap shoot.

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think this season is already cooked and the time for tanking is right now.  Zero fun, yes, but I think we're used to this drill by now considering we have the longest playoff drought in the 4 major sports.

They are 4-6. You don’t tank at 4-6. For what the 8-10th pick? We aren’t getting a premium qb either way. So yes let’s draft another overrated qb in the 1sr round? Pass. What are you tanking for exactly?? 

Zach is not the QB, I'm not sure why anyone thinks we will lose.

Like magic open players will get the ball and we will will be moving the ball.

The game plan and play design are all still trash but the QB should be able to make the most of it and score a couple time

That is all that is really needed to get he dub.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And if we pick top 5,

Guys we have 4 wins. We are not losing out with this defense. We aren’t picking top 5. Jet fans and the draft again, and at 4-6 not even eliminated. The eternal draft that always gives Jets fan false hope. It’s a lotto. Nothing more then a  lotto ticket 

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The game plan and play design are all still trash but the QB should be able to make the most of it and score a couple time

I suspect the jets coaches are very curious to see if making a qb change results in any noticeable improvement in the offense.  

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

They are 4-6. You don’t tank at 4-6. For what the 8-10th pick? We aren’t getting a premium qb either way. So yes let’s draft another overrated qb in the 1sr round? Pass. What are you tanking for exactly?? 

If we can somehow go 4-13 (and I don't for a second believe we can) then we'd probably have a good shot at a top 5 pick.  Even if you don't believe in the Jets drafting QBs (either because these guys have a high bust rate or the Jets can't develop them) then at least there's the possibility of a trade down that can bring in a major haul down the road.  Remember that the Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold trades are what led to the 2022 draft being possible. 

Obviously, JD will have to hit on his picks but I'm feeling better about his drafting abilities after 2022.  And even 2023 is off to a solid start (IV and Tippman plus let's see about Carter Warren and Izzy).

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We missed out on Broderick Jones by 1 pick.  Of course, it probably doesn't happen if JD doesn't foolishly swap #1's with GB in the AR8 trade.  But if we picked higher in that draft, we probably could've separately traded down for assets that could've gone to GB while still picking high enough in the 1st round to still have gotten one of the top OL.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Are you aware that Tim Boyle is the QB?

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we can somehow go 4-13 (and I don't for a second believe we can) then we'd probably have a good shot at a top 5 pick.  Even if you don't believe in the Jets drafting QBs (either because these guys have a high bust rate or the Jets can't develop them) then at least there's the possibility of a trade down that can bring in a major haul down the road.  Remember that the Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold trades are what led to the 2022 draft being possible. 

Obviously, JD will have to hit on his picks but I'm feeling better about his drafting abilities after 2022.  And even 2023 is off to a solid start (IV and Tippman plus let's see about Carter Warren and Izzy).

It’s tough to know how many of the 2023 picks are actually keepers bc saleh won’t play them and at this point you have to wonder if there’s a disconnect between saleh’s willingness to concede the season while he fights for his coaching rep and douglas’ desire to prove he can be a good gm with his draft picks. In the end a gm is only as good as the qbs he brings in most of the time, so even if a guy like mcdonald turns out to be good, he’s going to have to demonstrate he can find a qb in the draft if he wants to stay.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Guys we have 4 wins. We are not losing out with this defense. We aren’t picking top 5. Jet fans and the draft again, and at 4-6 not even eliminated. The eternal draft that always gives Jets fan false hope. It’s a lotto. Nothing more then a  lotto ticket 

Bro I rather look forward to the draft and another potential top 5 QB pick which I actually think is possible if we actually land in the top 5. I can’t believe after all this you dudes still have any optimism left regarding this season. 

And don’t be mad at us because we arrived at the destination before you because all you will arrive where we are soon enough

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're all sick of draft bingo but it's the single best way to improve the team (as we saw from the outstanding 2022 draft).  Unless you're of the opinion that we should trade away top draft picks for guys like Devontae Adams.  I would HATE that approach (though I think it might be what ends up happening)

How do you figure?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's see where you're at after today's game.

hey at least I'll be able to stand  just WATCHING the Jets today for a change. I'm expecting to see some downfield passing the likes of which have not been seen EVER in the 31 starts of the other guy On The way to 11-6 baby!

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ummmmm, they lost out w/ a better defense last year.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We missed out on Broderick Jones by 1 pick.  Of course, it probably doesn't happen if JD doesn't foolishly swap #1's with GB in the AR8 trade.  But if we picked higher in that draft, we probably could've separately traded down for assets that could've gone to GB while still picking high enough in the 1st round to still have gotten one of the top OL.

The jets aren’t losing out man. They aren’t picking top 5. Be an actual fan and root for wins 

19 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro I rather look forward to the draft and another potential top 5 QB pick which I actually think is possible if we actually land in the top 5. I can’t believe after all this you dudes still have any optimism left regarding this season. 

And don’t be mad at us because we arrived at the destination before you because all you will arrive where we are soon enough

I’m done drafting busts….have at it. Jets aren’t in position to get the top 2 guys. Anyone after that is not worth getting a mac jones type guy and blow it up again in another 3 years