Regarding number 3, Joe B, are you serious?

‘Only the Jets’..has never been more applicable.  Saleh is a likable guy, but his texting relationship with Joe B following their golf outing…does show a serious lack of judgment.  Yes..we can all relate to misunderstandings via texts. We’ve all been there, no doubt..and it very likely applies here.

What a mess. I’ll never stop being a Jets fan.  They’ve been in my blood since I was a young kid enamored with Broadway Joe. (I’ve kept all the Sports Illustrated covers from the 60’s). However, they are testing me like never before.  I guess the line from the movie ‘Brokeback Mountain’ applies: 

“I wish I knew how to quit you.”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

‘Only the Jets’..has never been more applicable.  Saleh is a likable guy, but his texting relationship with Joe B following their golf outing…does show a serious lack of judgment.  Yes..we can all relate to misunderstandings via texts. We’ve all been there, no doubt..and it very likely applies here.

What a mess. I’ll never stop being a Jets fan.  They’ve been in my blood since I was a young kid enamored with Broadway Joe. (I’ve kept all the Sports Illustrated covers from the 60’s). However, they are testing me like never before.  I guess the line from the movie ‘Brokeback Mountain’ applies: 

“I wish I knew how to quit you.”

My theory is Saleh befriended Joe to air his grievances on being forced to play Wilson.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:29 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I think Harbaugh would want to coach Rodgers for a couple of years and win now…then rebuild.

Those two personalities would clash drastically. You'd have to convince Rodgers to retire in that instance and even then I think we're still on the hook cap wise.....

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My theory is Saleh befriended Joe to air his grievances on being forced to play Wilson.

I agree.  He’s tired of going to the podium and lying.  He was thrilled when he got permission to bench him for white last year and in tc he was giddy when rodgers was healthy. 

That said, his method for airing these grievances is underhanded and he’s been outed so he’s got to go.  And maybe that’s his plan.

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Boyle was in the system and with the Jets much longer than Siemian.  I don't know that he ever crossed paths with Hackett, but he was in Tennessee with Downing and Carter for a couple of months.  If they benched Zach shortly after Rodgers injury it would have made sense.  Siemian has been with the team for two months.  He should have had a pretty good grasp.

Bingo. 

bad coaches tend to hide excessively behind their system. Hackett talked at length about the advantages of Boyle having so much experience in his offense. Little good it did. Why? Because what matters is how good the guy is at making decisions and delivering the ball accurately under the duress of an NFL pass rush. What matters is whether the guy can play!!!!! 

these coaches are awful, even by jets standards 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree.  He’s tired of going to the podium and lying.  He was thrilled when he got permission to bench him for white last year and in tc he was giddy when rodgers was healthy. 

That said, his method for airing these grievances is underhanded and he’s been outed so he’s got to go.  And maybe that’s his plan.

Just like how it eventually came out how much Rex and Geno disliked each other....

I believe in time it will come out how much Saleh feels handicapped by being forced to play this kid.......out of necessity best case scenario, and on orders from someone above him worst case scenario....

I still think there's something to the unsubstantiated rumor of a rift between Woody and Saleh last year as well......

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Parcells did it with Francesa. Not unheard of.

It was also a completely different era in term of communication technology, social media, etc.  

Also, don't you do your homework on Benigno and realize the guy is a loose canon?  It's no great secret.  Just another in a litany of examples of Saleh's poor judgement.  Clown.  Shouldn't be the head coach of a peewee team.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Catching up to this hot topic now… we REALLY think that’s Saleh saying ‘are you serious I hate Zach’ and not ‘are you serious you lunatics wanted to shoot him outside the stadium until today’?

Exactly right.  Thought it was pretty obvious. 

Couple weeks ago on Michael Kay he laughed and said I love you guys after Kay suggested going back to Zach considering they had bashed him for weeks. 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know nobody will agree but, fwiw, I fully agree with Joe B that ZW gives us our best chance to win.

I agree with you. It’s sad. Because there is not another team in the NFL that would say that. Giants are debating about which backup to start this week. As bad as that team is, zach obviously would be 3rd on their depth chart. That’s now with Daniel jones out. Seimian no one wanted as a 3, and I can’t see anyone that would want Boyle either as a 3. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s only two explanations for what happened in this scenario:

A: Saleh is using Joe B as his media mouthpiece 

B: Saleh is one of the dumbest Jets coaches of all time and thought telling team secrets to lunatic jets fan Joe B was a good idea 

Or Saleh saw under the hood of how Woody and his confidants operate and said screw it. Good for him did that’s the case. Wilson getting brought back because of woody would be a line crosser for Saleh I’d imagine. 

I find it interesting (funny too) how many people think Beningo has breached some sort of trust here.

Anything Beningo has leaked publicly, Saleh wanted him to leak publicly.

This isn't some naive Coach accidentally trusting a media member who betrayed him.

This is Saleh messaging to the public via a happy-to-oblige media member.

This is how most NFL Coaches get messages out they don't want to be seen saying publicly, just that most do it with a little more subtlety.  

This is typical "it's all falling apart" CYA by Saleh.