****OFFICIAL JETS V FALCONS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, ausman said:

However they do it, they have to fix the O line and have one that can competently pass and run block.  Without that nothing matters.  Should’ve learned that by now.  Brady without an O line would’ve had a lot less success and a much shorter career.  Don’t be mesmerized by shiny objects.  

I’m intrigued by competent qbs.  I dont’ think your strategy should be to build a brick wall and then insert a qb.  You get qbs whenever you can find them and when you’re in the position to take one.  If the jets have a top 6 pick in the draft they should consider one, not necessarily take one but consider it.  Rodgers is going to miss games, they have FA to sign OL and can also trade back to get more picks to address OL.  Douglas has fielded 3 of the worst qbs ever in the nfl all in a matter of weeks and his only potential salvation is hoping a 40 yr old’s Achilles holds up.  Douglas surely understands he’s got one more offseason to find a qb and when you watch minschew rally his team in OT you realize other teams aren’t giving them away.  The jets are going to have to draft their own qbs, and if douglas can’t, or won’t, then the next gm will come in and take his swings.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I can’t find one Jets fan when the move was made/before he was injured who felt otherwise. It’s easy to second guess once Rodgers went down, but that’s what Fans kinda do around this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I vehemently hated it when it was just a rumor. Many did. One if the worst moves by a football team ever

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m intrigued by competent qbs.  I dont’ think your strategy should be to build a brick wall and then insert a qb.  You get qbs whenever you can find them and when you’re in the position to take one.  If the jets have a top 6 pick in the draft they should consider one, not necessarily take one but consider it.  Rodgers is going to miss games, they have FA to sign OL and can also trade back to get more picks to address OL.  Douglas has fielded 3 of the worst qbs ever in the nfl all in a matter of weeks and his only potential salvation is hoping a 40 yr old’s Achilles holds up.  Douglas surely understands he’s got one more offseason to find a qb and when you watch minschew rally his team in OT you realize other teams aren’t giving them away.  The jets are going to have to draft their own qbs, and if douglas can’t, or won’t, then the next gm will come in and take his swings.  

But other teams can’t afford expense either so I think your first option is to see what’s available after the season.  As far as the O line vs. QB first argument, what you prefer has been what the Jets have tried to do.  Granted, their choices have been suspect but who knows that going in?  And the lack of a good O line certainly has played into their inability to school those QBs.  The only (and relatively few) years the Jets have had a good offense and fielded a competitive team is when their O line has been solid.  So I respect your preference, but I’ll stick with mine.  😀

Just now, ausman said:

But other teams can’t afford expense either so I think your first option is to see what’s available after the season.  As far as the O line vs. QB first argument, what you prefer has been what the Jets have tried to do.  Granted, their choices have been suspect but who knows that going in?  And the lack of a good O line certainly has played into their inability to school those QBs.  The only (and relatively few) years the Jets have had a good offense and fielded a competitive team is when their O line has been solid.  So I respect your preference, but I’ll stick with mine.  😀

I’m ok going OL in round 1 but i do think they need to take a qb, if not round 1 then in the 3rd.  Start developing your own guys.  Other teams don’t have all 1st round picks on their OL and they score tds just fine. 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m ok going OL in round 1 but i do think they need to take a qb, if not round 1 then in the 3rd.  Start developing your own guys.  Other teams don’t have all 1st round picks on their OL and they score tds just fine. 

Oh, I agree they need to take a QB but as you said in the later rounds.  Wasn’t Brady a 6th rounder?  I know he wasn’t a first rounder.  

1 hour ago, Yeetin It said:

Don’t get me wrong, I have no hope for this season or next. My real worry is that Wilson is still going to be viewed as a starter. If Rodgers can somehow come in and have a few good games, then Wilson looks like trash along with the other two trash cans we have at QB

Zach is back in 2024. He'll be behind Arodge, again. 

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I can’t find one Jets fan when the move was made/before he was injured who felt otherwise. It’s easy to second guess once Rodgers went down, but that’s what Fans kinda do around this forum.

Bullsh*t. There were a number of fans on this board, including myself, who were against the move. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Is ruckert plaing?

Yes, I noticed him more after I saw your comment.  Then I realized I was watching on YouTube TV and had paused the game for a bit.  Did not realize I was only a few minutes behind until the end of the game.

Sorry for not responding.

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Saleh had a lot of Salehisms in his post game presser. But one that stood out is how the pre snap cadence is fooling the offense more than the defense. Think you may want to figure out these things like 5 weeks ago when it started happening?

I coined "Saleh-ganda" this past week.  I think it could potentially have legs.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Saleh had a lot of Salehisms in his post game presser. But one that stood out is how the pre snap cadence is fooling the offense more than the defense. Think you may want to figure out these things like 5 weeks ago when it started happening?

He has to look at the film first lol an answer that means he’s clueless at seeing very important things on gameday

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s untenable at this point, if Peg leg  Pete is our starting QB in 2024 they can’t back him up with Wilson. The fan base will burn the Air conditioner to the ground. He’s got to go.

You know that, I know that. But he’s still going to be QB3