****OFFICIAL JETS V FALCONS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Since the bye, our offense's best showing was the 13-10 OT washout win vs NYG.

13, 6, 12, 7, 6 ... that is what our O has contributed since the bye

44 points in FIVE games. Pathetic. 

In a league where the rules and officiating trenendously favors offense.

• Upvote 1

Oh the "all 22" will be a big help. Saleh is  now beyond a joke. Saleh has no idea about offense, no sense to read the team the riot act, adds nothing, total nonhacker. 

Cook sucks balls. Defenses key on Hall because you can't pass.  It's a joke. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

I think we should draft a QB in the first. But the only way that happens is if we clean house. Joe Douglas doesn't get to keep his job in that scenario, so who is driving the tank job? 

I don’t think so.  They should do what they didn’t do last year.  Release Wilson, Boyle and Siemien.  Sign the two best backups coming off contracts.  Concentrate the draft on the OL and a receiver to complement Wilson.  Sign the players that have excelled on D and could leave.  Bring in somebody who can coach some aspect of the offense and could be an OC if Rodgers goes down again and allow you to fire or demote Hackett.

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

You're the one that became butthurt. LOL

Nobody else even noticed my comment or felt compelled to respond to it. Go clean up the drool all over the pillow, before it leaves a stain. 

lol because no one else gave a **** about calling you on your stupid sh*t that means I'm wrong?  You're a doof, brother.

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hackett might be the HC next week

Yeah, no joke.  Jets run that “Bizarro World” sh*t DECADE AFTER DECADE AFTER DECADE.

1983….”We need a QB but we’ll take Ken O’Brien (who most fans had never even heard of) over Marino”.

Always these little games to show that they’re “smarter than everyone else”, when the Answer is right in front of them.

“Yeah we’ll take Kyle Brady over Sapp”.

Actually no disrespect to Kenny O’Brien who was one of the FEW NFL QB’s the Jets have had over the LAST 40 YEARS.

He also, I recently learned and was shocked, had a 10-9 record vs Marino heads up….but Marino was the Pick in 1983 if you needed a QB.

I could see them upping Hackett to HC haha.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ausman said:

I don’t think so.  They should do what they didn’t do last year.  Release Wilson, Boyle and Siemien.  Sign the two best backups coming off contracts.  Concentrate the draft on the OL and a receiver to complement Wilson.  Sign the players that have excelled on D and could leave.  Bring in somebody who can coach some aspect of the offense and could be an OC if Rodgers goes down again and allow you to fire or demote Hackett.

Only thing worse than 1 expensive qb vet here is 3.  Draft one.  Show no fear, find a qb and tell rodgers he’s got one year to show he can stay on the field 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Only thing worse than 1 expensive qb vet here is 3.  Draft one.  Show no fear, find a qb and tell rodgers he’s got one year to show he can stay on the field 

Yeah.  In rethinking I agree.  Sign one backup and draft one, but in later rounds.

21 minutes ago, victorjets said:

Another losing streak to end the season, a staple of Saleh‘s teams

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My main complaint on Saleh. 4-3 going into the bye with the easy part of the schedule after... and beating the Eagles...

Second year in a row the team totally collapses after the bye.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

LOL

At this point, Rodgers is Boomer Esiason or Neil O'Donnell. Nothing good awaits. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have no hope for this season or next. My real worry is that Wilson is still going to be viewed as a starter. If Rodgers can somehow come in and have a few good games, then Wilson looks like trash along with the other two trash cans we have at QB

Just now, slimjasi said:

We have a shot at 4 overall if we lose out. 

3, b/c i think arizona may win more games.  But still, say they’re 4.  I think you trade out if you can.  Taking a tackle really doesn’t help that much, assuming they get rid of becton.  You haven’t fixed anything.  The team needs a qb succession plan.  They can build this roster up again but if rodgers gets hurt they’re all getting fired.  I’d be looking at guys like Daniels and mccarthy, to sit a year (or until rodgers gets dinged up).  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

3, b/c i think arizona may win more games.  But still, say they’re 4.  I think you trade out if you can.  Taking a tackle really doesn’t help that much, assuming they get rid of becton.  You haven’t fixed anything.  The team needs a qb succession plan.  They can build this roster up again but if rodgers gets hurt they’re all getting fired.  I’d be looking at guys like Daniels and mccarthy, to sit a year (or until rodgers gets dinged up).  

If we lose out I don’t know how you can bring JD and Co back. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

We have a shot at 4 overall if we lose out. 

“IF” we lose out?

We aren’t winning any more games. Even the Patriots game. The Pats would have solidified their #2 position by then and Bellichick will go for the win. 
MAYBE that’ll be Saleh’s knell. This team keeps finding more and more lows. Game after game after game, Year after year after year.

This coach can’t coach. Players keep playing undisciplined football, and he keeps doing nothing about it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

If we lose out I don’t know how you can bring JD and Co back. 

I wouldn’t but this is woody.  And woody will listen to rodgers.  What would rodges want?  He wants control.  He has it now and wants to keep it.  Yet, with jobs on the line, I’d hope they draft a qb and put rodgers on notice too.  

6 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

Don’t get me wrong, I have no hope for this season or next. My real worry is that Wilson is still going to be viewed as a starter. If Rodgers can somehow come in and have a few good games, then Wilson looks like trash along with the other two trash cans we have at QB

Boyle and Simien should Never see an NFL field again.  You could probably make a case that the Jets should be sued for purporting to be a PROFESSIONAL NFL Franchise if they let either play one more single down.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

However they do it, they have to fix the O line and have one that can competently pass and run block.  Without that nothing matters.  Should’ve learned that by now.  Brady without an O line would’ve had a lot less success and a much shorter career.  Don’t be mesmerized by shiny objects.