There isn't a QB who ever played the game that could succeed behind this line

Flashlite80

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Stop being a dumb dumb, Mike whites jets career ended with 8 TDs and 12 interceptions, jet fans act like he was Kurt Warner. His last game as a jet was an ass whooping by Seattle where he threw 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions 

Right. Ignore that whole YPG thing,

Like I said - Oline does suck. They do. But Zach makes them look worse. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

So ypg tells us what exactly, the offense sucked balls last year outside of 2-3 games, same with this year. You’re cherry picking to suit your agenda, which is dumb

I have no agenda lol. 

You watch the games, right? Zach doesnt hold on to the ball too long too often? He doesnt run backwards and get sacked every game?

He's clueless. Oline sucks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barton said:

I have no agenda lol. 

You watch the games, right? Zach doesnt hold on to the ball too long too often? He doesnt run backwards and get sacked every game?

He's clueless. Oline sucks. 

He was running backwards today at the first hint of pressure. He had not interest in being out there today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Stop being a dumb dumb, Mike whites jets career ended with 8 TDs and 12 interceptions, jet fans act like he was Kurt Warner. His last game as a jet was an ass whooping by Seattle where he threw 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions 

Stop bringing facts into the argument please.....lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Bad. But better than Wilson. He was at least delivering the ball. 

Yeah he made a real difference "delivering that ball". LOL

The whole offense SUX. The whole QB room SUX. The CS SUX. The OL SUX. The WR room except for GW, SUX.

Jeez.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Larz said:

I’ve never seen a line this bad.  They have 4 weak links out there.  Both sides of the line are pure trash. 

it would be unforgivable to play Rodgers. 

I'm trying to remember if I've EVER seen an OL this bad by ANY team. In all the 50+ years of watching the NFL, this is without a doubt the MOST un-competitive OL I have ever seen. It's not even close.

• Upvote 3

I consider myself an outsider as I no longer follow or root for the NYJ, so I can objectively look at the team.  What I see is that Zach Wilson is not the problem - the coaching staff, GM, OL and lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball is.

The 49ers are winning with Purdy, who does not have more talent than Zach Wilson, he just has an OC calling plays that are a fit for him, and massive talent surrounding him.

The NYJ offensive coordinator is horrible, the play calls being made make no sense whatsoever when you have a young, inexperienced QB trying to build some confidence behind an OL that might be the worst in pro football I've ever seen. 

The OL cannot run or pass block, yet the schmuck OC keeps making stupid play calls that put the offense in perpetual 3-and-longs, so Zach gets sacked over and over and over...10 sacks in the first half alone? Is that correct?

The Rodgers trade was a mistake, you already have a decent QB in Wilson - IF HE IS GIVEN TIME TO THROW THE BALL.

He was effective last week when he did have time, this week he never did.  The injury to Rodgers should have been a wake up call to the GM to bring in new OL who can block, but Douglass has done next to nothing.  The team needs to clean house and drop Rodgers, I think he was a waste of a pick and the team should do everything humanly possible to build a new offense, starting with offensive linemen and WRs who can get free and actually CATCH THE FOOTBALL. You get rid of Zach and he will be a success elsewhere, he is not Darnold, he has a lot of skills, just needs better coaching than the NYJ can present him

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Oline looked equally as bad last year and then when competent QBs entered the game, they looked better.

Translation: They do suck but Zach holds the ball too long and doesnt physically move in the right directions when sensing pressure -- making them look worse than they really are. 

There is not a QB who has ever lived, is living, or will live, that would be able to function in any modest capacity, behind this piece of garbage OL.  You let Zach go and give him even average coaching and a decent OL and receivers, and he will be an effective QB.  He is not Darnold, he has skills and can play.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The OL isn’t an independent unit. Whoever is playing QB has a huge impact impact on them. Zach and his absolute lack of ability to play the QB position is a big reason for the OL struggles.

It’s not the only reason and their individual abilities aren’t helping, but Zach is a huge contributor here. The guy can’t read a defense and diagnose a rush/coverage to save his life 

I am watching the same game you are, and when 3/4 pass rushers blow past their blockers play after play, giving the QB zero time to throw the ball, or can't run block so they end up in third-and-long over and over, which puts the QB in a high pressure situation because he know the blitz is coming with no one to block/pick people up, then it is not the QBs fault. You can put Montana or Elway behind this line and they would not be successful.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Not exactly what I was saying. If you don’t think that a competent QB changes how the OL plays then I don’t know what to tell you

I'm going to use a basketball story here. When Gary Payton was in his last years playing for the Lakers, and was missing his shots, he complained to the press that the defenses he was facing were causing the problem. Magic was coaching them at the time, heard that story, and said "it doesn't matter what defense we are facing, zone, man-to-man, cover 4, whatever - if you are wide open, you need to make your jump shots."

It does not matter what the QB is or is not doing, what play has been called, or what ice cream flavor is the fan's favorite in the stands that day - if you are an offensive lineman, and you are totally incapable of blocking the d-lineman you are assigned to block, then that is NOT the quarterback's fault. It is your fault, and the coach's fault for putting you on the field, and the GM's fault for adding you to the roster.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

There is not a QB who has ever lived, is living, or will live, that would be able to function in any modest capacity, behind this piece of garbage OL.  You let Zach go and give him even average coaching and a decent OL and receivers, and he will be an effective QB.  He is not Darnold, he has skills and can play.

Oline is bad. Really bad. But how come Zach cant just throw the ball away with ease like Brady does when he gets pressured right away?

Zach doesnt do that pretty much ever. He holds on to the ball and gets hit or runs backwards and gets hit. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Oline is bad. Really bad. But how come Zach cant just throw the ball away with ease like Brady does when he gets pressured right away?

Zach doesnt do that pretty much ever. He holds on to the ball and gets hit or runs backwards and gets hit. 

Because he has zero pocket presence and regularly runs himself into sacks

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

If you watched the first half today, there is nothing left to say.

Fire Joe D and before he builds the fifth iteration of the worst line in the league.

Why do people go on with J D and the offensive line. He took his shots found some injuries and there's Becton whoever other teams also had in the first round . It's the coach the offense of coach and the offensive line coach.  The coaching is THE disaster far from what JD has done.

ITS  The Coaching!!!!!

• Post of the Week 1

IMG_1245.thumb.jpeg.cde1a4d46d226543c85ebe714528816c.jpegIMG_1246.thumb.jpeg.dd9fd8502c06bab5499541e45df87bee.jpeg

Pretty much. Whether it’s all his fault or not, OL coach/run game coordinator Keith Carter was already likely to be fired by season’s end, but would have to think a performance like this seals it. The Jets have issues on the OL, but this group isn’t devoid of talent. They’re not well prepared, constant mental lapses, communication breakdowns, and a totally non-existent running game despite having Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook. Totally inept and a liability on the field 

• Upvote 4

Cimini.  Looks like Rodgers will be spared. 

No one had it worse than quarterback Zach Wilson, who was sacked on four of 15 dropbacks and left with a concussion late in the second quarter. He was replaced by Trevor Siemian, who will become the Jets' fourth different starter if Wilson isn't out of the concussion protocol by next Sunday's game against the Washington Commanders. The Jets haven't started four quarterbacks in the same season since 1989.

At 5-9, the Jets clinched their eighth straight losing season -- currently, the NFL's longest slump -- and it seemingly eliminates the possibility of Rodgers making a miracle return to the field after Sept. 13 Achilles surgery. Rodgers, 40, could be medically cleared this week, but has said on numerous occasions that it wouldn't make sense to play if there are no playoff implications.

So, in a span of three hours, the Jets got one quarterback concussed and destroyed the comeback dream of another. Coach Robert Saleh, whose record dropped to 16-32 (including 2-13 in December/January), declined to speculate on Rodgers' chances of playing again this season.

Before the season, the Jets fancied themselves as Super Bowl contenders, but their world was rocked on the fourth play, when Rodgers ruptured his left Achilles. They couldn't even hold on long enough to give Rodgers a shot to make a heroic return.

"It's disappointing, starting with the first series of the year until now," said Saleh, commenting on the playoff miss. "It's been a constant battle."

Cornerback Sauce Gardner admitted the team squandered an opportunity to maybe get Rodgers back for the stretch run.

"Our job is to keep winning and if us winning would've brought him back, then, yes, [we let him down]," he said. "But that's not something that's on everybody's mind. At the end of the day, we just want to win."

This was a total meltdown from the beginning. The Jets were outgained in the first half, 197-4. Just like it was for Rodgers in Week 1, it was the fourth play that led to their demise. This time, Wilson suffered a strip sack deep in his own territory, setting up the Dolphins at the 1-yard line. A touchdown soon followed, and that pretty much ended the game for the Jets.

Wilson (4-of-11, 26 yards) was examined for a concussion early in the game by the independent neurologist, but he was cleared to return. Eventually, after several hits, he was pulled near the end of the first half. It was 24-0 when Siemian entered with 1:03 on the clock.

"It's definitely not fun to look at," Reed said, referring to the pounding Wilson absorbed. "You want to see your offense having fun, moving the chains. It's pretty tough to watch."

Saleh blamed the offensive line, saying, "It starts up front. We have to be better up front." The Jets, starting their 11th different line combination, allowed six sacks and 14 quarterback hits. Left tackle Mekhi Becton, who struggled, suggested they weren't overpowered by the Miami front. He said they were undermined by self-inflicted mistakes.

"We got to communicate better as a whole line," he said, adding the first strip sack resulted from the wrong slide protection. "We've got to get the cadence right. We all just got to be better as one. ... It's very shocking."

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Whether it’s all his fault or not, OL coach/run game coordinator Keith Carter was already likely to be fired by season’s end, but would have to think a performance like this seals it. 

Keith Carter is terrible and so was John benton. That guy was literally arrested in 2022

The jets should spend actual money on ol coach and build a program but they probably will just hire another retread. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Keith Carter is terrible and so was John benton. That guy was literally arrested in 2022

The jets should spend actual money on ol coach and build a program but they probably will just hire another retread. 

Tough to find anyone worth anything of value when you are a lame duck GM/HC going into next season.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Because he has zero pocket presence and regularly runs himself into sacks

Protecting the ball and taking the sack is like the first ******* thing you're expected to know when you're the second overall pick. Sorry but that sh*t is not on coaching or the line. 3 years straight of this running backwards for 20 yards nonsense.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

The Jets have issues on the OL, but this group isn’t devoid of talent. They’re not well prepared, constant mental lapses, communication breakdowns, and a totally non-existent running game despite having Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook. Totally inept and a liability on the field 

Maybe it's the fact that they're stuck protecting a cab driver that fakes dehydration to get out of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2