PFF FA rankings

hmhertz

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

Didn't say that's what I want, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Becton should be back though, that I do want.  Guy stayed on the field.  He'll be cheap to hang on to, and he's arguably better suited at RT.  Bring him back for cheap and stick him there from the start of TC.

Other than that though, at LT at least, you don't have many options if you miss out on Alt and Fashanu.  If they feel like there's a chance those guys won't be there when we pick, they'll probably just decide to go the FA route.  If that happens, you know Rodgers will be pushing for his boy.  Injury history be damned.  Aside from that you're looking at either other fossils(remember how everyone now acts like Brown getting hurt was a forgone conclusion because "he's old") or paying a sh*t ton for a guy like Onwenu and hoping he's not going to "Tomlinson" us. 

No matter what, if we miss out on the rookies, we're rolling the dice.  I'd bet JD would prefer the 1 year vet and reevaluate next year over paying big money for a question-mark.  

I was with you on Becton about halfway through the season, however, my opinion has changed drastically. His play on the field has been horrible, and there are 2 explanations:

1. He's regressed since his rookie year, teams have figured him out, and he's just not very good. 

2. He's playing hurt which means your still can't rely on him to be healthy for a full season. 

He's not going to take some cheap deal too play RT after all he's been through with the jets. He believes he's "LT1", said so himself. I fully expect the jets to move on now, and I believe it's justified. 

As for what I would do personally, I would draft a OT rd 1, there are more good prospects beyond alt and fashanu. I'd also draft another interior OL later on. Probably target brown or onwenu in FA, depending on which shakes free. If you need another OT at that point, then I'd look to bhaktiari or smith but I can't see JD banking his last shot (and career) on oft injured players again.

15 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Agree. It’s a good edge room. With a lot of diversity in skillset.

We will need to be active in free agency though. So not sure we will get a comp pick. Say we get an OT, G and a WR (possibly Mike Evans), the Huff loss likely wont net us a comp pick.

Not sure though.

If they game it and do things like sign Bakhtiari (presuming he’s available because he’s cut - he wouldn’t count in the formula) for the tackle spot then maybe they get a pick. Think they should tag and try to trade Huff.

Would leave Johnson in a funny spot but if there’s ever a coaching change it’d be interesting to run more odd fronts with Huff and McDonald as the stand up rushers.

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

Didn't say that's what I want, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Becton should be back though, that I do want.  Guy stayed on the field.  He'll be cheap to hang on to, and he's arguably better suited at RT.  Bring him back for cheap and stick him there from the start of TC.

Other than that though, at LT at least, you don't have many options if you miss out on Alt and Fashanu.  If they feel like there's a chance those guys won't be there when we pick, they'll probably just decide to go the FA route.  If that happens, you know Rodgers will be pushing for his boy.  Injury history be damned.  Aside from that you're looking at either other fossils(remember how everyone now acts like Brown getting hurt was a forgone conclusion because "he's old") or paying a sh*t ton for a guy like Onwenu and hoping he's not going to "Tomlinson" us. 

No matter what, if we miss out on the rookies, we're rolling the dice.  I'd bet JD would prefer the 1 year vet and reevaluate next year over paying big money for a question-mark.  

Breece running to the right behind Tippy, AVT, Becton, and Ruckert would be awesome. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Didn't the Eagles do exactly that? I appreciate you feel it's Superbowl or bust but myself? I'd settle for anything but the season being 100% over after 4 plays. We have to have a winning season before we can win a Superbowl. Minshew  could have likely done that. That's the point. Who knows? Defense got hot late catch lightning in a bottle. You might wanna wait for a sure thing and I respect that, but I'll take a punchers chances any day my friend. Instead of a Zach Wilson slap fight.

I figured that not having the longest active playoffless streak in sports would be a nice start. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB2 is worthless.  If ur starting gets hurt, ur season is over.  Jet fans still wasting time on things that dont matter.

Yeah, remember that time the Patriots lost Drew Bledsoe? They were done without him.

Or when the Giants lost Phil Simms, or the Eagles lost Carson Wentz?

And remember that time the idiot Seahawks used a draft pick on Russell Wilson right after they paid big money for Matt Flynn?  So dumb.

Teams shouldn't even use roster spots on a QB2 TBH.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, remember that time the Patriots lost Drew Bledsoe? They were done without him.

And remember that time the idiot Seahawks used a draft pick on Russell Wilson right after they paid big money for Matt Flynn?  So dumb.

We shouldn't use a member spot for JoeW. Namath as a poster either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Didn't the Eagles do exactly that? I appreciate you feel it's Superbowl or bust but myself? I'd settle for anything but the season being 100% over after 4 plays. We have to have a winning season before we can win a Superbowl. Minshew  could have likely done that. That's the point. Who knows? Defense got hot late catch lightning in a bottle. You might wanna wait for a sure thing and I respect that, but I'll take a punchers chances any day my friend. Instead of a Zach Wilson slap fight.

It was a sin to burn away a season with solid defense and 2 elite playmakers like this.  Good luck re-signing anyone of significance to reasonable 2nd contracts after this mess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Yay!!!  You picked 4 examples out of a million.  Yes, lets waste time trying to replicate those odds.

Oline and receiver and we are all set and ready to go!!!

QB2 is irrelevant.

• More Ugh 3

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

I was with you on Becton about halfway through the season, however, my opinion has changed drastically. His play on the field has been horrible, and there are 2 explanations:

1. He's regressed since his rookie year, teams have figured him out, and he's just not very good. 

2. He's playing hurt which means your still can't rely on him to be healthy for a full season. 

He's not going to take some cheap deal too play RT after all he's been through with the jets. He believes he's "LT1", said so himself. I fully expect the jets to move on now, and I believe it's justified. 

As for what I would do personally, I would draft a OT rd 1, there are more good prospects beyond alt and fashanu. I'd also draft another interior OL later on. Probably target brown or onwenu in FA, depending on which shakes free. If you need another OT at that point, then I'd look to bhaktiari or smith but I can't see JD banking his last shot (and career) on oft injured players again.

Horrible is a stretch.  He hasn't been good, but I wouldn't say he's been horrible.  He's looked good at times and bad at times, with a few really bad games sprinkled in between(plus a couple really good ones, but no one remembers the good games when talking about OTs).  I think he's had trouble with pure speed rushers this year, which is something he can work on in the offseason and next TC.  Gotta remember this dude missed two full seasons.  Not only that, he's playing at a new weight, and he spent the first half of the season flip flopping between LT and RT.  

He did say "I'm LT1".  He also said "I'll play wherever the team wants me" after that.  I think he's a different guy now, most likely after Rodgers got a hold of him.  I highly doubt he'll give a **** about where he is on the field next year, as long as he's on the field.  As far as his contract goes, maybe some team offers him like 1 year at $12M.  That's possible.  I highly doubt anyone offers him multiple years until he proves he can put another healthy season up, back to back.  Just way too big of a risk, especially if his price tag is around $10M.  So yeah, I don't think bringing him back for $8M on a one year deal would be that big of a stretch.  If it ends up being $10M, still worth it IMO.  

It's certainly possible he's been playing hurt, but I guess we differ on how we'd view that.  IMO that would be pretty encouraging to me, at least as far as the "Becton is lazy" narrative we've been hearing about the last two years.  Dude is committed to salvaging his career and I respect it.  I'd 100% give him one more year.  Even Becton at this level would still be a solid RT IMO.  The hope would be though that he improves next year with a full season back and knowing what his role will be going into the year, and if he does improve, then you can talk about something long-term.  

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is he?  Thats not a given.

And who cares anyway.  They are going nowhere w/ him at qb.

I do. It’s been 13 years since we’ve made the playoffs.

The idea that Jets fans can be like “Super Bowl or bust, championships are all that matter” is laughable.

Win. Football. Games.

Make this a team worth caring about, a team worth following. Make our emotional and financial investment in the team worth our time.

On 12/27/2023 at 9:15 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

92. Jon Runyan G - friend of AR8

91. Gardner Minshew QB - did he really sign a 1 year contract. Let's not make the same mistake twice. Get Gardner in the building.

Gardner is gonna want to get paid and get a starter job and he might be able to get it.  I think we sign Wentz which is what we should have done 9 months ago

To help patch up the OL sign Trent Brown and Kevin Zeitler