College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If we could trade down and still get him smart move. But I think he'll go higher. 

there's years of bad SEC tape out there... that version of Bo didn't evaporate. He certainly wouldn't be the first to look good in the pac12. 

I'm not a QB evaluator but his success this year at Oregon is not the reason to draft him in the first.  FWIW he looks like a journeyman backup who can step in and help but won't ever see consistent starts.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If anyone is still watching this mess, the new QB playing for Iowa is a native New Jersian.  Marco Lainez, true freshman.  They are high on him.

Iowa knows QBs like Joe Douglas knows QBs

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

there's years of bad SEC tape out there... that version of Bo didn't evaporate. He certainly wouldn't be the first to look good in the pac12. 

I'm not a QB evaluator but his success this year at Oregon is not the reason to draft him in the first.  FWIW he looks like a journeyman backup who can step in and help but won't ever see consistent starts.

I heard RG 3 saying during Ore game that MKJr has him rated 6 th QB in the draft. But RG said he disagrees with Mel thinks he's better than that. Btw not impossible 6 QBs won't go in first round. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I heard RG 3 saying during Ore game that MKJr has him rated 6 th QB in the draft. But RG said he disagrees with Mel thinks he's better than that. Btw not impossible 6 QBs won't go in first round. 

My (personal) position on this; i don't give a *** what any of those personalities think. They all have as many blemishes as ribbons next to their names, annually too I might add. Anyone who follows the draft closely can put together comparable prospect rankings and often score better because they're not accountable to any media narratives.

Show me the personality on air who says - "I don't think this player is going to translate" , or leaves popular 1st round guy off the board till day 3... it's a sham. 

Nix could succeed IF he went to a built, good team.   paradis does no exaggerate just how terrible he was at Auburn.   The announcers always talked him up and he stunk for the most part.   Now to his credit he does look vastly better at oregon so he is a prospect but he has to go to a built team.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

McCarthy is not good.   Just a terrible decision.  Has a guy wide open does not throw it then throws a terrible pick but got lucky.

He’s awful. Media trying to catapult him into a 1st round prospect. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t see him as an NFL starter. 

Can't say i've watched enough Michigan to have a strong opinion on whether he can be groomed into a starter, but there's something there in terms of ball placement and anticipation. Needs to clean up his short game though, something needs work there -- he gets frozen between reading the first and second level

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If anyone is still watching this mess, the new QB playing for Iowa is a native New Jersian.  Marco Lainez, true freshman.  They are high on him.

I don't know him, but the Tennessee QB reminds me of Kaepernick. He has some nice tools, but he needs a ton of work as a passer. 

• Upvote 1