“ Do you want me to throw the podium on the floor?”

HawkeyeJet

10 hours ago, Vader said:

Cimini is a troll and doesn't speak for fans. He has an agenda. His question was relevant only in establishing a narrative for a story. 

Here's a narrative I'm on board with: Saleh lost his guts and football IQ when he became head coach. For a guy that wanted to be CEO of the coaching staff, he seems pretty clueless on all phases of the team.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

He does, he's just not that good at picking talent.

Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, JJ, AVT, Sauce  - Yea JD has had his flops but he's also hit on some good players. His biggest detriment has been assembling a decent OL. This is his last year to make teh playoffs or he's, how do you say, Nos Vemos. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Saleh standing on the sidelines with a thumb up his arse while the referees robbed the Jets of a touchdown last night on the fumble recovery is emblematic of Saleh's coaching career.

A half decent coach who gives a sh*t would have been up in the grill of the closest referee tearing them a new one, if nothing else but to show the players on the sidelines that he has their back. Saleh just stood there and copped it.

Tomlin and John Harbaugh are but two current NFL coaches who would have been furious at that play ending up the way it did. Saleh did nothing to express any displeasure with the call.

Of course, the Jets wasted their opportunity from the turnover. Just the way it goes with this coaching staff and roster.

He used to be the guy on the 49ers sideline that would whoop and holler with the best of them. Now it's Mikey McDaniel that shows the emotion you'd expect from Saleh.

It's all about PR for Douglas and Saleh. Actual football is secondary, and winning is not even on the scale.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, JJ, AVT, Sauce  - Yea JD has had his flops but he's also hit on some good players. His biggest detriment has been assembling a decent OL. This is his last year to make teh playoffs or he's, how do you say, Nos Vemos. 

I didn't say he was awful. I said he's just not that good, for example: Becton, Mims, Zúñiga, Morgan, Wilson, Carter (RB), 

15 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The question was clear, basically the reporter questioned the state of emotions of Saleh, and when Saleh pretended not to understand the reporter was forced to put it in child like terms. It's more than a fair question: when he was hired , we were sold this intense guy who was all about putting it all on the line. All Gas, no brakes". That seems a far cry from a guy who punted on the op 45 yard line, correct me if I'm wrong, when losing the game last night.

The only way the question feels wrong is if one falls for the trap setup by PR Saleh by exaggerating the answer.

Saleh answered the question. He said he's not going to do clown show WWE style pressers. Of course, a WWE style blowup is what Cimini wanted. Cimini is not Saleh's friend -- or therapist.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Here's a narrative I'm on board with: Saleh lost his guts and football IQ when he became head coach. For a guy that wanted to be CEO of the coaching staff, he seems pretty clueless on all phases of the team.

What you are saying here has nothing to do with the question that Saleh was asked. Saleh was asked by Cimini about his feelings -- and it wasn't really a question. It was an accusation that because Saleh wasn't body slamming and jumping off the top ropes, he just doesn't care. 

Saleh may or may not be a good head coach. That's not what Cimini was getting at.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s a defensive coordinator who can’t make in game adjustments.  Bowles 2.0

He often makes in-game adjustments. It usually happens at halftime, which is too late. And even though he has made adjustments it's a serious indictment of his ability to create gameplans going into games...

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Vader said:

Saleh answered the question. He said he's not going to do clown show WWE style pressers. Of course, a WWE style blowup is what Cimini wanted. Cimini is not Saleh's friend -- or therapist.

He didnt answer, he mumbled and stammered as to evade actually giving a full  thought-out answer. PR team didnt prepare him for that one single question, so he tried evasive tactics, and when fully confronted, he became frustrated.

Listen, in the long list of evidence that Saleh is not cut out to be a head coach, this is at the bottom. I am not a Cimini fan, but from a journalist perspective, there was nothing wrong with the question. The truth is that Saleh is way over his head at being a HC. It appears so far that the only way Saleh can be a good HC is if all he has to do is come up with cliche phrases, run the stairs, be outcoached by opposing coaches, have losing records in multiple consecutive years, etc. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:05 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Saleh only shows emotion after a win or when things are going well. 

when things don’t go well, ( which is majority of the time) he shows no emotion like Bowles.

in his post game pressers when they lose he sounds defeated, says the same bs cliches and stares at the floor like he’s embarrassed.

IMG_6083.thumb.jpeg.264b86c7455e1663e9287178f67e8460.jpeg

Just a buffed up version channeling the same inner loser we’ve seen time after time with Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Adam Gase, Todd Bowles, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

He didnt answer, he mumbled and stammered as to evade actually giving a full  thought-out answer. PR team didnt prepare him for that one single question, so he tried evasive tactics, and when fully confronted, he became frustrated.

Listen, in the long list of evidence that Saleh is not cut out to be a head coach, this is at the bottom. I am not a Cimini fan, but from a journalist perspective, there was nothing wrong with the question. The truth is that Saleh is way over his head at being a HC. It appears so far that the only way Saleh can be a good HC is if all he has to do is come up with cliche phrases, run the stairs, be outcoached by opposing coaches, have losing records in multiple consecutive years, etc. 

he evaded an answer as to "his feelings"? If you don't understand howe "Do you want me to throw the podium around Rich?" is not an answer to the question, I can't help you.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, bitonti said:

The idea that a pro Head coach making 3 mil a year can yell at a grown man making double, triple that and that yelling it will have any effect on the team is some old school Vince Lombardi level bullsh*t. 

yes the Jets suck. Yelling a Trevor Siemien or Mekhi Becton won't make them play better. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble these are professionals and tearing the room apart is not going to win friends or influence people. It's thinking like this that got Pete Carroll fired here and that thinking was outdated 30 years ago when it happened  

it's not college. It's not high school - many of these players have contracts way larger than Salehs - they have guys like Joe Douglas betting their career on this draft pick, they have 31 other teams that want them - some of them even have billionaire uncles - they don't have anything to fear from a coach that lives in like a hotel room with 5 kids (or wherever Saleh makes his home these days)  

and the ones that would respond to that? bums. 

I think you make a lot of good points here - its not easy to yell at millionaires who are grown men, but here is the question Id ask in response to your points.

How is it that we are SO terrible with respect to penalties and struggle so much with replacing veterans on offense when they struggle - arent both of those issues tied to accountability?  We are one of the most penalized teams over and over again under saleh and continue to play guys like CJ Uzmah over rookies which seem to indicate that even without the "yelling" Saleh doesnt hold people accountable for their on field performance. 

4 hours ago, Vader said:

LOL

But his players are acting out WWE antics on the sideline. The guys a phony. Not a leader. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I understand it’s an awkward question, but he’s earned this sort of mockery and scorn based on his embarrassing performance as head coach.

When you spout nothing but empty slogans and your record is what it is, you can’t hide.  You gotta own it

Precisely my point. Thank you Connor Hughes.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I think you make a lot of good points here - its not easy to yell at millionaires who are grown men, but here is the question Id ask in response to your points.

How is it that we are SO terrible with respect to penalties and struggle so much with replacing veterans on offense when they struggle - arent both of those issues tied to accountability?  We are one of the most penalized teams over and over again under saleh and continue to play guys like CJ Uzmah over rookies which seem to indicate that even without the "yelling" Saleh doesnt hold people accountable for their on field performance. 

Most winning teams take advantage of talented rookies and play them right away. That, however, is not the Saleh way.

• Upvote 1

Saleh does nothing to demand or command the respect from his players. There's no accountability from the head coach or the coaching staff for the players. Becton gets hung out to dry against Garrett on Thursday Night Football and neither Saleh nor Hackett think to try a max protect formation to help Semian throw more than two yards past the line of scrimmage, or to chip Garrett with a tight end and give some help to Becton.

The constant blizzard of penalties, especially on offence, is emblematic of a team that does not learn and is not kept accountable by the coaching staff. We're a sloppily coached team because Saleh would rather focus on positive vibes and vacuous sayings than the actual minutae of coaching a football team.

There are only two ways this changes. First, Woody fires Saleh and Hackett. Secondly, Aaron Rodgers tells Saleh behind closed doors that this is unacceptable and it needs to be fixed.

11 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Most winning teams take advantage of talented rookies and play them right away. That, however, is not the Saleh way.

Last year we had both the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, plus another candidate if Breece doesn’t get hurt. 
To win these awards the player must be talented and play enough and well enough to get awards.  We played tons of rookies in 2021 too.

So your statement/drivel is completely wrong in this case.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Last year we had both the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, plus another candidate if Breece doesn’t get hurt. 
To win these awards the player must be talented and play enough and well enough to get awards.  We played tons of rookies in 2021 too.

So your statement/drivel is completely wrong in this case.

Fair, what happened to him this year?

21 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Really weird how that seems to happen to every single coach that Woody Johnson hires.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

How is it that we are SO terrible with respect to penalties

I've said this before some of the most penalized teams win the sb that year the Kcc and LAR are examples. Teams routinely overcome penalties 

The penalties hurt us more because the offense can't recover from any setback 

5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Part of being a good leader is staying cool, calm, and collected when facing adversity.

There are plenty of things I don't like about Saleh. Not being angry enough in public settings is not one of them.

Agree, but another part of being a leader is making decisions during adversity. Does he make good decisions during the game, when sh*t goes sideways?

Good leaders create followers; Great leaders create new leaders.