Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Man, as bad as that sounds it still felt worse. 

True! Yet we still managed somehow to get 7 wins thanks mostly to Zuerlein, Breece, Garrett, Morestead and our D...

Banking on a new veteran backup QB ( Tyrod Taylor or Brissett?), a healthy, rebuilt O line and solid, perhaps spectacular QB play for 2024 to erase the stench of this season. 

On the plus side, the locker room never caved and finished strong so with the draft and FA moves they will will have us flying high, just like last August... at least in a perfect world...LOL

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2024 at 10:39 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

omg this is alot to read. 

I am familiar with the saying, just doesnt apply since what im saying is the main stream opinion. 

He is god enough to be our back up sure, could be decent with decent coaching. Correct.

Not obsessed, just pointed out your took the sport media narrative on rodgers in regards to kimmel which was again, wrong. and you were not even interested in the truth, just took it hook line and sinker (that is another saying, maybe you are familar?)

Not rants, and I guess just coincidence you have the same stance as main stream media in regards to rodger/kimmel. Im sure complete coincidence.

What did your eyes say after the KC game when he stated to play well?

Rodgers subpar season you reference is where he had a broken hand and little offenseive playmakers and still managed to not only have a good season but better than any the jets have ever had?

I do know what he will be in 24 a above average qb with great upside

Joe douglas seat is not hot nor in danger

Thye both indeed are generational, although that is my opnion, one back by the fact thier talent is un matched by the majority of players that have come into the league in a .... generation.

OMG JJ was ok? lol ok.

So it is sauce fault he was not assigned to follow WR and because people didnt even hav ethe chance to challenge him he is at fault for not getting interceptions? I mean this is a terrible take. Was revis bad too cause he didnt get alot of INTs? you can understand how silly that is right? lol typical @Warfish take.

I guess answering your questions and reponding to you is ranting now. It must be a pretty interesting place in your head. delusional.

Zach sucks dude.  He’s not good enough to even be a backup qb of any team.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You watching Dak this afternoon?  Pick six and being blanked in the first half.  And the cowgirls have a better offense the jets have.  And isn’t Dak an all pro?  The point is it’s not all about the qb.  Very few QBs come out of college and can make that second or third read without sitting for a season or two.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

You watching Dak this afternoon?  Pick six and being blanked in the first half.  And the cowgirls have a better offense the jets have.  And isn’t Dak an all pro?  The point is it’s not all about the qb.  Very few QBs come out of college and can make that second or third read without sitting for a season or two.

So what’s your point Dak having a bad game means Zach is actually good?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

So what’s your point Dak having a bad game means Zach is actually good?

No but I’m sure Zach’s problems weren’t all of his own doing.  Crappy coaching, crappy oline play, wrs with alligator arms or stone hands all help.  And did Zach throw a pick six this season? Dak did in the biggest game this season.  Another ten completions would raise his completion percentage from 60 to 62.5%.  He lost that many completions from just Lazard in one game.

• Haha 2

On 1/15/2024 at 2:17 AM, rangerous said:

No but I’m sure Zach’s problems weren’t all of his own doing.  Crappy coaching, crappy oline play, wrs with alligator arms or stone hands all help.  And did Zach throw a pick six this season? Dak did in the biggest game this season.  Another ten completions would raise his completion percentage from 60 to 62.5%.  He lost that many completions from just Lazard in one game.

Again I’m not understanding what Dak has to do with Zach.  Dak is maybe 1000x the player Zach is and that’s likely an understatement 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Again I’m not understanding what Dak has to do with Zach.  Dak is maybe 1000x the player Zach is and that’s likely an understatement 

Why? Because Dak is frequently being held out as one of the top QBs and he looked like dog s$$t.  The team and coaching situation are far more important than a qb.

• More Ugh 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

I'd be very surprised if that throw was from this year. 

His 1st 2 years in the league he was an abomination, but his short passing accuracy improved greatly this past year.  Of course, to be an NFL QB, your short passing accuracy should be very good. 

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Why? Because Dak is frequently being held out as one of the top QBs and he looked like dog s$$t.  The team and coaching situation are far more important than a qb.

Dak sucks in the playoffs.  During the regular season he’s very good.  Zach is hot garbage in the regular season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

His 1st 2 years in the league he was an abomination, but his short passing accuracy improved greatly this past year.  Of course, to be an NFL QB, your short passing accuracy should be very good. 

34831053-DC5D-4F27-960B-C699EC92199F.jpeg.14fbe90968ed0800e4873fe7f0ff8d17.jpeg

• Haha 1

Please tell me you're not trying to make a "Zach = Dak but in a worse spot" equivalency argument, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That throw is from the disastrous 10-3 loss in NE in 2022 - the game that got him benched

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Dak sucks in the playoffs.  During the regular season he’s very good.  Zach is hot garbage in the regular season

Does this mean that Zach would be very good in the playoffs?!?

Maybe we should keep Zachy for the Superbowl run, once AR8 gets us to the tournament.

Look Peyton Manning didn't win a SB until much later in his career and he wasn't an incomplete QB. There are circumstances in post season elimination games we see that in all sports and not winning in playoffs is a handful of games. And the Cowboys had dips in their regular season after being dominant most of their schedule. Dak imo is a good player and can win clutch games. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Peyton Manning didn't win a SB until much later in his career and he wasn't an incomplete QB. There are circumstances in post season elimination games we see that in all sports and not winning in playoffs is a handful of games. And the Cowboys had dips in their regular season after being dominant most of their schedule. Zach imo is a good player and can win clutch games. 

I must be seeing things or still high on medication but you comparing Zach to Peyton Manning???  

Maybe not equal but it’s plenty clear Zach takes way too much heat for the jets failures.

Zach takes the appropriate amount of "heat" for an all-time NFL QB Bust.

Your statement is only true in the minds of his most ardent true believers, who refuse to accept that Zach simply sucks as an NFL QB.

If anything, Zach has gotten too much credit for our minimal successes i.e. "Zach won" posts/threads.  Not vice versa.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

so we're in the offseason 

all sorts of eliminated teams who need quarterbacks

JD's phone lines must be burning up with all the action for Zach 

No way for us to know. 

Even the most optimistic of us likely don't expect to see an actual trade for some time, at least into the league new year or FA period, if not all the way to the draft.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach takes the appropriate amount of "heat" for an all-time NFL QB Bust.

Your statement is only true in the minds of his most ardent true believers, who refuse to accept that Zach simply sucks as an NFL QB.

If anything, Zach has gotten too much credit for our minimal successes i.e. "Zach won" posts/threads.  Not vice versa.

I think when people started with the ad hominem  attacks on Zach they lost all credibility.   It’s pretty much universal that no qb could’ve changed this seasons outcome yet Zach is the problem.  The only thing that will convince me is if gWilson or some other high effort guy on the team starts pointing fingers at him.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

I think when people started with the ad hominem  attacks on Zach they lost all credibility.   It’s pretty much universal that no qb could’ve changed this seasons outcome yet Zach is the problem.  The only thing that will convince me is if gWilson or some other high effort guy on the team starts pointing fingers at him.

Any chance you'll be landing one of the open GM positions? Maybe a trade can happen after all.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No way for us to know. 

Even the most optimistic of us likely don't expect to see an actual trade for some time, at least into the league new year or FA period, if not all the way to the draft.

The lack of trade means no one wants him 

Just like how the lack of wins proves Joe Douglas is bad at his job 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I'm not going to believe that Douglas sucks until a hard-working office worker at 1JD says so publicly. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

From all his college tape he could lead a back on a short pass Perfectly with his eyes closed while sleeping.  That shouldn’t change much at all in the NFL.

That kid’s head was super f**ked up most of the time he was a Jet, and some of that was coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Who has said this?  Universal?  I strongly disagree.  Strongly.  I firmly believe I am part of the universe.

26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think when people started with the ad hominem  attacks on Zach they lost all credibility.

Pointing out his poor QB play isn't an "ad hominem" attack.

Again, only his true believers obsess over the few folks who mocked his looks or religion, and ignored the legitimate criticism over his extremely poor personal play and output.

It’s pretty much universal that no qb could’ve changed this seasons outcome yet Zach is the problem.

That is absolutely not a "universal" belief.  Quite the contrary.

The only thing that will convince me is if gWilson or some other high effort guy on the team starts pointing fingers at him.

True believers are never convinced.  If/when he sucks elsewhere, they'll just be new excuses made.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Are trades even allowed at current?  I think you might be reaching here a bit.

Not that I think your point (that no one wants him) is far off per se.  Just that claiming that now is a bit early.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

names rhyme

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to try and "develop" Wilson, but it's January 16. 

• Upvote 1