Other NFL games 01-07

1 hour ago, football guy said:

When a talented QB is surrounded by competent coaching and a supporting cast, good things happen. Only 26 years old, he’s going to get a chance to be someone’s “long-term” QB soon. It’ll be interesting to see if Shanahan can convince him to stay

Oops.

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Are we pretending 60+ catches and 600+ yards for a rookie slot WR who is the number #3 target on the team is a bad season?

Would you draft Curtis Samuel or Tyler Conklin at 15th overall? Because those guys just put up those same stats on considerably worse offenses. 

25 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Our? When did the Jets become your team?

Two things…

1. Being a Jets fan isn’t quite the honor you think it is. It’s certainly not something anyone would pretend to be in an attempt to impress anyone.

2. You thinking someone as insignificant as yourself gets to question whether anyone is? That’s comical.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you draft Curtis Samuel or Tyler Conklin at 15th overall? Because those guys just put up those same stats on considerably worse offenses. 

Would you draft Will McDonald #15 overall? I’ll wait while you pull up the names of guys who put up similar numbers to him on considerably worse defenses.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those are 6 and 7 year vets.

Not a good comparison to a rookie who will likely improve and grow.

But I'd take them both as rookies over taking a 24 year old pass rusher we didn't need when our roster is barren of talent on almost every other position group.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's definitely a good thing the Jets fixed everything by getting rid of the one true problem of LaFleur last year.  That was a close one.

Multiple Lafleur’s in the playoffs this year.  Lefluer was definitely the problem.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But I'd take them both as rookies over taking a 24 year old pass rusher we didn't need when our roster is barren of talent on almost every other position group.

Why do we think JSN is going to get better? He’s athletically limited and playing in an offense where, in theory, he should have feasted on single coverage. 

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He’s very bendy though, and can jump over cars.

• Haha 1

Two things…
1. Being a Jets fan isn’t quite the honor you think it is. It’s certainly not something anyone would pretend to be in an attempt to impress anyone.
2. You thinking someone as insignificant as yourself gets to question whether anyone is? That’s comical.
Seriously, try harder. That was ******* abysmal.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jermaine Johnson and Bryce Huff are journeyman JAGs?

Our d line is built around guys moving around and playing different positions/lining up everywhere.

He wasn't getting time over guys like Solomon Thomas and JFM, mostly because he's built like a bean pole and can't hack it inside. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why do the JSN truthers stick with JSN and not simply move the target to Puka Nacua? 

Or Zay Flowers or Jordan Addison or Jayden Reed or Rashee Rice or Josh Downs or Tank Dell, (do I add LaPorta and Kincaid?) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Would you draft Will McDonald #15 overall? I’ll wait while you pull up the names of guys who put up similar numbers to him on considerably worse defenses.

Joe Douglas should have been fired on the spot for that pick. Dude you’re stacked on D, DL especially. You are the gm of the worst offense in the NFL overall a 5 yr span ( his tenure ) and he makes that pick for depth lol .

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

how quickly all the posts about Darnold's revival and possible shot at a starting job next season turned..

This is no “gotcha” moment lol. Nothing has changed. Coaches and executives with the 49ers have been extremely vocal about how good they believe Darnold is right now and what he can be. You saw it today, and while the last play was unfortunate the guy played well. Eventually someone from that tree is going to give him a chance to compete for (and win) a starting job.

• Haha 2

Just now, football guy said:

This is no “gotcha” moment lol. Nothing has changed. Coaches and executives with the 49ers have been extremely vocal about how good they believe Darnold is right now and what he can be. You saw it today, and while the last play was unfortunate the guy played well. Eventually someone from that tree is going to give him a chance to compete for (and win) a starting job.

You're hilarious. Ladies and gentleman, we have our new @Joe W. Namath

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Joe Douglas should have been fired on the spot for that pick. Dude you’re stacked on D, DL especially. You are the gm of the worst offense in the NFL overall a 5 yr span ( his tenure ) and he makes that pick for depth lol .

And people here still defend the pick

12 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Or Zay Flowers or Jordan Addison or Jayden Reed or Rashee Rice or Josh Downs or Tank Dell, (do I add LaPorta and Kincaid?) 

I saw all those guys and I’d rank JSN right above Kincaid on the “eh” scale. Just zero rare traits for JSN. I heard an interview at midseason with a Seahawks reporter and he said that the team had designed a bunch of quick game stuff specifically for JSN but had to scrap it because he wasn’t athletic enough to run it with. Zero juice

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

take a drink every time Collinsworth gargles out something unintelligible because he has some player's balls in his mouth

I know I’m on an island here but I think Collinsworth is good. His play to play analysis is a cut above most other color commentators.