Let’s go get McCarthy

Andy Reid was the king of playoff choking until he got Mahomes
And McCarthy has a SB with Rodgers   
Cowboys get blown out as the #2 seed and McCarthy get fired the next day. Jets swoop in to hire him. Sounds awesome

Dak has completed his patented playoff choke and the Cowboys defence has given up three touchdowns to Aaron Jones. I respect the fact that the buck stops with the boss, but there's plenty of blame for Jerry to share around the team and coaching staff for this result.

• Upvote 1

We’re not firing our staff after publicly saying they’re coming back just bc someone else is available.  You guys like to throw around the “no one wants to coach this team” type of hyperbole, but a move like that by Woody would in fact make those claims true and alienate candidates from this organization.

All that said, what if McCarthy were available to come on as some type of offensive assistant or consultant? I would be more than ok with that.

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Cowboys get blown out as the #2 seed and McCarthy get fired the next day. Jets swoop in to hire him. Sounds awesome emoji106.png

Or keep the current coach with a 18-33 record and no playoff experiences 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

We’re not firing our staff after publicly saying they’re coming back just bc someone else is available.  You guys like to throw around the “no one wants to coach this team” type of hyperbole, but a move like that by Woody would in fact make those claims true and alienate candidates from this organization.

All that said, what if McCarthy were available to come on as some type of offensive assistant or consultant? I would be more than ok with that.

I’m interested whether Rodgers and McCarthy truly mended fences or if it all was just sportsmanship before their matchup.

probably the latter

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Dak has completed his patented playoff choke and the Cowboys defence has given up three touchdowns to Aaron Jones. I respect the fact that the buck stops with the boss, but there's plenty of blame for Jerry to share around the team and coaching staff for this result.

Is parsons playing today?

has anyone seen him?

McCarthy should be fired the second the game ends. this is embarrassing. Jones must be furious.

if he gets fired this is going to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths who need a HC. i dont think he gets hired.

a offensive HC with Dak at QB can not score 16 points.

• Sympathy 1

McCarthy should be fired the second the game ends. this is embarrassing. Jones must be furious.
if he gets fired this is going to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths who need a HC. i dont think he gets hired.
a offensive HC with Dak at QB can not score 16 points.
Bingo. But hey, he has a good overall record!
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This thread keeps getting better and better emoji28.png I want GB to get that 50 burger. Name me one good HC that has given up 50 at hime in a playoff loss as the #2 seed.

You still haven’t answered whether you’d take McCarthy or Saleh in 2024

McCarthy might get canned but one game is one game.   Look at their offense rankings in the McCarthy era and the overall win loss record.

It will be interesting to see who they hire if mccarthy is fired.   Probably Dan Quinn the guys who defense just got rolled.

Bellichick is not a fit with Dallas imo.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This thread keeps getting better and better emoji28.png I want GB to get that 50 burger. Name me one good HC that has given up 50 at hime in a playoff loss as the #2 seed.

Jimmy Johnson gave up 62 in 1999

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

McCarthy might get canned but one game is one game.   Look at their offense rankings in the McCarthy era and the overall win loss record.

It will be interesting to see who they hire if mccarthy is fired.   Probably Dan Quinn the guys who defense just got rolled.

Bellichick is not a fit with Dallas imo.

I think most people are hung up on McCarthy being a great coach   He’s not   But his record shows he’s better than Saleh and he has history with Rodgers.  People laughing over the Cowboys blowing this game yet the Jets haven’t sniffed the postseason since my teenage daughter was a newborn 

55 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Andy Reid was the king of playoff choking until he got Mahomes

I mean, not really.

He went to a bunch of NFC championship games and a Super Bowl.  He won games in the playoffs. 

I think most people are hung up on McCarthy being a great coach   He’s not   But his record shows he’s better than Saleh and he has history with Rodgers.  People laughing over the Cowboys blowing this game yet the Jets haven’t sniffed the postseason since my teenage daughter was a newborn 
Saleh being a crap coach doesn't make it a good idea to hire another sh*tty coach. I'm sorry you can't wrap your head around that but apparently you are young. McCarthy isn't the answer. Is he better than Saleh? Sure. Is he the guy to get us to the promised land? Absolutely not. But go ahead and pine for him.

Just now, bicketybam said:
7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Saleh being a crap coach doesn't make it a good idea to hire another sh*tty coach. I'm sorry you can't wrap your head around that but apparently you are young. McCarthy isn't the answer. Is he better than Saleh? Sure. Is he the guy to get us to the promised land? Absolutely not. But go ahead and pine for him.

You’re missing my point   If Rodgers wants him then it’s possible   Never said he’s great. But if there was going to be a coaching change at this point it’s someone Rodgers approves   So the question is do you want Saleh or McCarthy if those are the options?

You’re missing my point   If Rodgers wants him then it’s possible   Never said he’s great. But if there was going to be a coaching change at this point it’s someone Rodgers approves   So the question is do you want Saleh or McCarthy if those are the options?
Whoever the players are more comfortable with and my guess is that would be Saleh. But both choices are crap.

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Is Saleh leading us anywhere  @sciond

why not reunite a QB and coach who won a Super Bowl together? 

I hate to say it but if the Jets were to make the playoffs next year, there’s no way they make a run with Saleh, only because you see him OUTCOACHED, almost every game, and not always by coaches attached to playoff teams.

So, I totally agree.  But it’ll Never happen.

NYJ Front Office and coaches…”Covering up for each others incompetencies….For 40 straight years running”.

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
18 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

McCarthy is not a crappy coach ffs. The cowboys are 42-20 over his tenure there. He is 17th all time in wins for a HC and has won a Superbowl.

C'mon 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, shuler82 said:
I hate there are a$$hole like you on a Jets board 
btw   There’s no C in Shuler  

My bad. What's your excuse for wanting a dog sh*t coach?

Because even a dog sh*t coach is better than no coach at all...

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The Johnsons pick McCarthy over Gase the last 5 years for us is completely different 

They would still have the Johnsons making decisions. No coach or GM is saving us from the two Garbage Pail Kids that own the team.

• Upvote 1