Buffalo - Chiefs

19 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Bills will have to beat the Chiefs and the officials tomorrow. 

I'm all in for Buffalo. 

The Chiefs are overexposed.  Tired of watching Mahomes cry after every play that does not go his way.  Tired of Kelce and Taylor swift.

I hope Mahomes gets his sh!t knocked loose.  I want to see Travis Kelce gets hit so hard it sends Taylor Swift to the blue tent.  

The zebras are for the Jills

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ravens should beat either team, but I think Buffalo is more dangerous than KC this year 

KC has the better defense, Buffalo better offense. But KC has Mahomes. If I’m a Baltimore fan, I think I’d rather match up against the bills. I’d rather play the team that I can score more points against. Baltimores defense is good enough to slow down either teams offenses.

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I live in constant disappointment as a Jets fan. I think it actually might be worse to be a Bills fan. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses, and five in total. Two wide rights.

I don't think I could deal with being naked with the hottest girl in the world and not being able to seal the deal, five times. 

I easily could - instead of being naked with the ugliest girl of the world and have to f*** her all the time (Jets)

23 hours ago, extmenace said:

I don’t understand how any self respecting jets fan can root for the bills. I don’t hate or like KC, could really care less if they are the team that wins it. The bills winning would be annoying, just like the pats winning their super bowls.

The Chiefs ended the Jets reign as NFL champions in the 1969 AFL championship game at Shea stadium.  Any self respecting Jets fan would know that.  Had the Jets won that game we win back to back SB.  The SB trophy would be called the Weeb Ewbank trophy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Chiefs ended the Jets reign as NFL champions in the 1969 AFL championship game at Shea stadium.  Any self respecting Jets fan would know that.  Had the Jets won that game we win back to back SB.  The SB trophy would be called the Weeb Ewbank trophy.

This one made me laugh. Good one. 

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Allen plays like a bonehead. Second and 9 from the 27 down by 3 and trying to drain the clock and he throws 2 passes into the endzone!? Seriously, if he didn’t ever run with the ball, how successful would his team be?

I didn't understand the logic behind the play calling on the final Beefalo drive.  Granted, Allen wanted to play to win and hit the long hero pass for the TD, but they would have been turning the ball back over to the Chiefs with plenty of time.  They should have went with short, high percentage passes mixed in with running plays.  They had four downs to convert each set of downs and the clock was favorable to that approach.  I don't get it.  Who was the bone head calling the plays, Josh, or the HC ???

WIDE RIGHT !!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I didn't understand the logic behind the play calling on the final Beefalo drive.  Granted, Allen wanted to play to win and hit the long hero pass for the TD, but they would have been turning the ball back over to the Chiefs with plenty of time.  They should have went with short, high percentage passes mixed in with running plays.  They had four downs to convert each set of downs and the clock was favorable to that approach.  I don't get it.  Who was the bone head calling the plays, Josh, or the HC ???

WIDE RIGHT !!!

They also have a rookie kicker.  The lack of patience by Allen was him feeling the pressure.  It looked like there was a reciever open on the left side with a lot of room in front of him on the last shot to the endzone.  I think that was all Josh?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

They also have a rookie kicker.  The lack of patience by Allen was him feeling the pressure.  It looked like there was a reciever open on the left side with a lot of room in front of him on the last shot to the endzone.  I think that was all Josh?

so, a choke job by josh... 

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I hate them both.  And the Raiders.  I still often end up rooting for all of them because AFL.  **** Rozelle. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

so, a choke job by josh... 

I think the pressure got to him.  I wouldn't call it a choke by him.  He's carried the team and made some incredible plays to keep them in the game.  I thought the drop by Diggs on that incredible throw by Allen was huge.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Allen plays like a bonehead. Second and 9 from the 27 down by 3 and trying to drain the clock and he throws 2 passes into the endzone!? Seriously, if he didn’t ever run with the ball, how successful would his team be?

His running the ball is the difference between what he is and mediocre.  Not sure what's up with Diggs though.  Alen clearly doesn't have as much trust in that loon.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I think the pressure got to him.  I wouldn't call it a choke by him.  He's carried the team and made some incredible plays to keep them in the game.  I thought the drop by Diggs on that incredible throw by Allen was huge.

choke job by Scott Norwood's successor ???

Seems like every Bills fan I know never place any blame on Allen.  It’s always McDermott, it was previously Frazier, more recently the OC they fired, the defensive injuries, dropped passes, the kicker, and on and on.  Well, a lot has changed with their team, yet they still keep coming up short.  Is KC really that much better than Buffalo, or is Mahommes just a better QB than Allen?  If Allen is so good, at some point he needs to get it done.  The great ones win championships.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Seems like every Bills fan I know never place any blame on Allen.  It’s always McDermott, it was previously Frazier, more recently the OC they fired, the defensive injuries, dropped passes, the kicker, and on and on.  Well, a lot has changed with their team, yet they still keep coming up short.  Is KC really that much better than Buffalo, or is Mahommes just a better QB than Allen?  If Allen is so good, at some point he needs to get it done.  The great ones win championships.

Eh, Allen has been excellent in the past two playoff losses against KC. 

In the 13 seconds game, he threw what everyone thought was the game-winning TD pass (how often is a TD pass with 13 seconds left to take the lead NOT a game-winning play?) after carving up the chiefs defense all game long. Then, he watched as KC won the toss in overtime and took it right down the field to win the game. If the bills would have won that coin toss, he likely would have done the same. 

in this game, he was let down by some enormous drops (including an absolute dime on the bomb to Diggs and a dropped TD pass by Cook) and a kicker who couldn’t hit a 44 yard FG. You can blame him for not hitting Diggs underneath on that throw to the endzone, but he played really well, overall. 

you are correct that he eventually has to get that team over the hump, but remember that this was only his 6th season. Peyton Manning didn’t win a SB until his 9th season. Elway didn’t win a SB until his 15th season. And Marino never won one. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, Allen has been excellent in the past two playoff losses against KC. 

In the 13 seconds game, he threw what everyone thought was the game-winning TD pass (how often is a TD pass with 13 seconds left to take the lead NOT a game-winning play?) after carving up the chiefs defense all game long. Then, he watched as KC won the toss in overtime and took it right down the field to win the game. If the bills would have won that coin toss, he likely would have done the same. 

in this game, he was let down by some enormous drops (including an absolute dime on the bomb to Diggs and a dropped TD pass by Cook) and a kicker who couldn’t hit a 44 yard FG. You can blame him for not hitting Diggs underneath on that throw to the endzone, but he played really well, overall. 

you are correct that he eventually has to get that team over the hump, but remember that this was only his 6th season. Peyton Manning didn’t win a SB until his 9th season. Elway didn’t win a SB until his 15th season. And Marino never won one. 

I think he can still get it done, and you’re right about it being early on still for him.  I think one thing that plays against him is his dependency on his running being a threat which defenses have to account for.  He probably doesn’t have a lot of years left before that declines.  This game against KC saw him score two of their TDs himself.  Can he do that for another 10 years though?  I think he’s going to have to be able to get it done in more traditional ways as he ages.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

I think he can still get it done, and you’re right about it being early on still for him.  I think one thing that plays against him is his dependency on his running being a threat which defenses have to account for.  He probably doesn’t have a lot of years left before that declines.  This game against KC saw him score two of their TDs himself.  Can he do that for another 10 years though?  I think he’s going to have to be able to get it done in more traditional ways as he ages.

agree completely 

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2024 at 3:53 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I live in constant disappointment as a Jets fan. I think it actually might be worse to be a Bills fan. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses, and five in total. Two wide rights.

I don't think I could deal with being naked with the hottest girl in the world and not being able to seal the deal, five times. 

image.png.6d5f77d227229c1e595c01d764503981.png

I think Atlanta might be worse.  No SB titles yet they led 28-3 and let it get away.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Atlanta might be worse.  No SB titles yet they led 28-3 and let it get away.  

one of the most brutal losses in the history of sports

possibly the worst 

The Falcons also blew a 17-0 lead at home to the 49ers in the 2012 NFC title game. Another brutal loss. 

On 1/22/2024 at 2:53 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

image.png.6d5f77d227229c1e595c01d764503981.png

I’d be willing to try.

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be inconsolable if that was the Jets. All Quinn had to do was run the ball on every down and let the clock run down to one before snapping the ball. Based on the time remaining and the lead, it would have given the Patriots little to no chance to mount a comeback. 

• Post of the Week 1