Did the Jets lose a comp pick that everyone was projecting to them?

Not the end of the world because it'll be a back end of round 7 pick but I don't think they'll be getting the 3 comp picks so many had projected after last offseason.

Was reading an article from Lance Zeurlein doing a re-cap of projected comp picks last off-season.  He, like many others, had the Jets getting 3 comp picks but noted there was a chance they would only get 2 picks if Dan Feeney didn't play enough snaps.  He played 91 on the season so I assume that comp pick is no more in place.

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I'm curious what happened with the Jacob Martin trade too as the Jets will either have two picks close together in the fourth with no fifth or a fourth and a fifth.

Currently They have 111 and 113 in the fourth round. 113 was from Denver.

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Currently They have 111 and 113 in the fourth round. 113 was from Denver.

Is there a confirmed order somewhere?

I know they were supposed to have that fourth from Denver, was just curious if it actually went through pending any conditions - I know Denver cut Martin preseason. Some of the mock draft orders I've seen have the Jets with their own fourth and fifth, some have the two fourths and no fifth. Would be nice to have the fourth.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Is there a confirmed order somewhere?

I know they were supposed to have that fourth from Denver, was just curious if it actually went through pending any conditions - I know Denver cut Martin preseason. Some of the mock draft orders I've seen have the Jets with their own fourth and fifth, some have the two fourths and no fifth. Would be nice to have the fourth.

Every Draft simulator has them picking twice in the 4th round, so does Tankathon.

It was The Jets 5th round pick in 2024 and Martin for a Denver 4th rounder in 2024. I just don't know if it was the 4th rounder Denver received from the Dolphins in the Bradley Chubb trade or the Broncos own 4th rounder.

I use this site once in a while to see what future drafts might look like. It is definitely 2 fourths.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Jets.htm

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not the end of the world because it'll be a back end of round 7 pick but I don't think they'll be getting the 3 comp picks so many had projected after last offseason.

Was reading an article from Lance Zeurlein doing a re-cap of projected comp picks last off-season.  He, like many others, had the Jets getting 3 comp picks but noted there was a chance they would only get 2 picks if Dan Feeney didn't play enough snaps.  He played 91 on the season so I assume that comp pick is no more in place.

So, no Purdy? Damn. 

3 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Every Draft simulator has them picking twice in the 4th round, so does Tankathon.

It was The Jets 5th round pick in 2024 and Martin for a Denver 4th rounder in 2024. I just don't know if it was the 4th rounder Denver received from the Dolphins in the Bradley Chubb trade or the Broncos own 4th rounder.

I use this site once in a while to see what future drafts might look like. It is definitely 2 fourths.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Jets.htm

PFF's simulator does not have them picking twice in the fourth, for what it's worth, but they do have projected compensatory picks. It's why I asked the question in the first place.

19 hours ago, chirorob said:

Mecole Hardman cost them a comp pick.

5 million + losing a pick, nice one JD

To be fair to him, a winning organization in the Chiefs subsequently picked up Hardman and, after seeing his Jets performance and his play with them after, gave him 2 touches in the Divisional game, both of which he fumbled. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Each year after the draft each team brings in like 8-10 UDFA so another 250-300 players not drafted get picked up.

1 seventh round pick gets you at the head of that list.

Every daft pick has value.

We make a lot of daft picks. :D  

• Upvote 1