Not that anyone really gives a sh*t but this would be my plan this offseason and draft.

First sign as many OL and WR FA’s as possible push get me Higgins Ridley whatever.

Get Rodgers a OL via FA he doesn’t need a brick wall just guys to give him enough time.

Draft I’m mortgaging it all like the Chiefs did to get Mahomes with a similar situation to get Daniels don’t care what the draft pick cost is.

Daniels is going to sit behind Rodgers for 1 maybe 2 years if needed.

Rodgers Hackett are going to have to deal with me bringing in a QB coach who going to set up the Jets new offense with Daniels it can’t look like Rodger version.  

Don’t know who that is but probably someone who has ties to what the Ravens and 49ers do on offense.

Rodgers has to deal with the 2 years of no help via the draft kick rocks make it work with the FA’s.

Douglas then needs to find 2-3 mid to late round impact guys for year 3 in the next 3 drafts not easy and he will also have to keep the defense together for the most part and find away to keep Hall and Wilson for Daniels when he is ready.

Daniels is the next great QB to come along he can do it all and does not turn the ball over and finds ways to make big plays out of nothing at the same time.

I’m all in this kid IF a team is willing to make a move with the Jets so they can grab him they have no excuse not to.

**** Saleh he won’t be the guy coaching Daniels.

• Upvote 2

Any plan that starts with Daniels or another high end QB in the 1st is 100% unrealistic, it...is... not ... happening.

Our present QB has been enraged about a 1st round QB in the past.

The present front office is 110% all in on Rodgers.

It is not happening.

0% chance, it is not happening.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Any plan that starts with Daniels or another high end QB in the 1st is 100% unrealistic, it...is... not ... happening.

It is not happening.

And this is why they will continue to fail as a franchise long term.

Please just please give me and @JustInFudgethe reigns for the offseason.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It is not happening.

Yeah, but is it less than 0%?

13 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I care and agree w/ your plan and would cosign it all day, any day.

Man imagine the Jets lock up Higgins, keep Wilson and Hall.

Just think what Daniels, Hall, Wilson, Higgins could do together out there with a 49ers/Ravens offensive look.

Football would be super fun and entertaining oh and there would be winning as well.

Could you imagine?

Yeah that’s about all we can do imagine unfortunately.

Hopefully it can become reality.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Just think what Daniels, Hall, Wilson, Higgins could do together out there with a 49ers/Ravens offensive look.

Football would be super fun and entertaining oh and there would be winning as well.

Could you imagine?

It’s a very deep WR draft class we don’t need to sign a WR

I'd sign off on your plan too, btw, but it's not going to happen.

And while we won't be getting Jayden Daniels, the good news is that we'll get to see him 2x a year with the Patriots, thanks to that incredible season-ending win that we're supposed to be enjoying all offseason!

/s

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Could you imagine?

This regime isnt prudent enough or smart enough to do something like this and besides, the organization is being run by Emperor Rodgers, so definitely not a chance of this but I'm actually kind of surprised that Kiper recently moved Daniels ahead of Maye.  I was convinced, we were going to witness the tear down of Daniels, while these idiots continue to spin Caleb Williams as some type of an elite prospect and build up Maye to "really QB1".   It's early so that's still all potentially in the cards but yeah, kind of shocked to see that to be honest.

Hypothetically, say it is #2...wonder what it would take to get there? 

• Upvote 1

Realistically there's no way this is going to happen.  JD and Saleh are both fighting for their jobs.  They're not going to trade up for a QB that they don't intend to play for another 2-3 years (even if it would be a smart move, a la Rodgers sitting behind Favre and Love sitting behind Rodgers).

Also, because JD is on the hot-seat, does it make sense to saddle your next GM (should JD get fired) with a QB picked by the previous GM?  If it's a potential superstar then yes it does but we all know GMs want to pick their own guys.

We have to accept that Woody and co believe we're championship contenders for the next 2 years and they're going to try to get OL and weapinzz help for AR8.  By the time we're ready to hire a new GM (who will want their own HC and QB), it'll probably be a weak QB draft and all the big-name HCs will snapped up.  But at least it'll match up with "our timeline"!  In other words, don't strike while the iron is hot.  Just treat everything as if it's going to fall into your lap when you're good and ready!

• Upvote 1

Since I don't see Jayden Daniels in the cards, this feels more realistic to me:

-Sign Trent Brown (LT) and Lloyd Cushenberry (C)

-Sign Calvin Ridley as WR2

-Sign quality QB2 (e.g. Brissett, Tyrod, Minshew, Jake Browning)

-Sign a WR3 or WR4 type guy

-Depending on what's available at #10, take an OT.  If JD doesn't think the value is there (e.g. Alt and Fashanu are gone and JD sees the next tier as a step down) then trade down a little bit but still take an OT.

-In round 3, take a OG.  We need to not only rebuild our OL but also overload it

-In round 4, we have 2 picks.  Hopefully there's a WR with upside.  If so, take him.  If not, take best available player, even if defense.

QB: AR8

OL: Brown, AVT, Cushenberry, Tippmann, OT (from 1st round).  

Backup OL: Carter Warren, OG from round 3, etc

RB: Breece, Izzy, etc

WR: GW, Ridley, Lazard, FA signing, Brownlee, Gipson, etc

TE: Conklin, Ruckert

Our weapinzz won't be great (though definitely improved with Ridley) but we'll actually have an OL.

• Ugh 1

Only way you can get Daniels is if the Pats decide to trade down or take Marvin Harrison Jr.  If all of the top-3 teams want a QB, I doubt any of them will be willing to move down.  If they do, it probably means you traded an ungodly amount of assets to them.  Just don't see it happening.  

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

-Depending on what's available at #10, take an OT.  If JD doesn't think the value is there (e.g. Alt and Fashanu are gone and JD sees the next tier as a step down) then trade down a little bit but still take an OT.

-In round 3, take a OG.  We need to not only rebuild our OL but also overload it

-In round 4, we have 2 picks.  Hopefully there's a WR with upside.  If so, take him.  If not, take best available player, even if defense.

Our weapinzz won't be great (though definitely improved with Ridley) but we'll actually have an OL.

You dont want Tippy playing C? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

You dont want Tippy playing C? 

I think his flowing locks are more suited to G.

Actually, I just think C is cheaper to sign in FA and Tippy would do just fine as G, plus give us a more-than-capable backup C

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Draft Fashuanu at 10, sign Zeitler and Trent Brown. Draft Adonai Mitchell or Roman Wilson in round 3. Cut Mosely, resign or tag Huff

Sign Carson Wentz to be QB2

Go start your own this is my plan not that anyone gives a sh*t stay on topic.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’m not looking for realistic.

I’m just saying that again like in 2017 I and others like @JustInFudge could do this right and do it right, right the **** now just like we could have in 2017.

And yall saying this isn’t happening are correct but are also proving my point give me the good damn ball on this and let someone actually get it right for once I’m so sick of the losing with 1 maybe 2 years of man we may make the playoffs this year can’t believe it.

Every other offseason plan that’s not mine ends with the Jets losing G Wilson and B Hall in 2 years and the Jets having no QB no HC no GM and nobody who is any good who would want either job.  And another decade plus of losing football.

These next year or 2 of Rodgers better bring a SB or 2 because if it doesn’t might as well stop watching if your older you will never see another winning season with the current plan.

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Only way you can get Daniels is if the Pats decide to trade down or take Marvin Harrison Jr.  If all of the top-3 teams want a QB, I doubt any of them will be willing to move down.  If they do, it probably means you traded an ungodly amount of assets to them.  Just don't see it happening.  

I’d trade the ungodly amount to get Daniels.

Jets can’t draft for sh*t and when they do the guys leave ASAP cause we suck.

35 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If picks #1 and #2 fall the way they've been expected to for a while now then we handed Jayden Daniels to the Pats on a platter when we beat them in "enjoy this win all offseason" game.

40 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m not looking for realistic.

I’m just saying that again like in 2017 I and others like @JustInFudge could do this right and do it right, right the **** now just like we could have in 2017.

And yall saying this isn’t happening are correct but are also proving my point give me the good damn ball on this and let someone actually get it right for once I’m so sick of the losing with 1 maybe 2 years of man we may make the playoffs this year can’t believe it.

Every other offseason plan that’s not mine ends with the Jets losing G Wilson and B Hall in 2 years and the Jets having no QB no HC no GM and nobody who is any good who would want either job.  And another decade plus of losing football.

These next year or 2 of Rodgers better bring a SB or 2 because if it doesn’t might as well stop watching if your older you will never see another winning season with the current plan.

I'm right there with you on this.  I think many Jet fans are.  Give me a legit plan that can result in sustained success and, hopefully, some very deep runs in the postseason.  We are not on that path whatsoever right now.  We're hoping against hope for 1-2 years of success after which we'll be in position to fall on our faces while the next GM has to rebuild.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You’d trade the 3 1sts plus a good young roster player?  Because if none of them want to move down that’s probably what it costs. And the player will probably be Sauce or Garrett. McDonald ain’t gonna move the needle. 

What good players have we drafted that left? Or are you predicting the future?  

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

You’d trade the 3 1sts plus a good young roster player?  Because if none of them want to move down that’s probably what it costs. And the player will probably be Sauce or Garrett. McDonald ain’t gonna move the needle. 

What good players have we drafted that left? Or are you predicting the future?  

Sauce and Garrett aren’t in the trade.

Its 3 1st rounders maybe 4 and I’m good with that.

I’d even throw in more picks if needed don’t care.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Sauce and Garrett aren’t in the trade.

Its 3 1st rounders maybe 4 and I’m good with that.

I’d even throw in more picks if needed don’t care.

Why would any of those teams accept anything less?  Again, they WANT to take the QB.  This isn't last year where the Bears made it known they were keeping Fields and that pick was going to go to the highest bidder.  You have to entice one of those top-3 enough to go against taking the guy they want.  This ain't Madden my guy.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:41 PM, Lupz27 said:

Draft I’m mortgaging it all like the Chiefs did to get Mahomes with a similar situation to get Daniels don’t care what the draft pick cost is.

100% will never happen because what you said at the bottom. Top priority is not 3 years down the line. Its 2024. 

Kiss this one goodbye

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:41 PM, Lupz27 said:

That's exactly why it won't happen. The issue is that this is a lame duck regime. If you draft Daniels this year and then everyone gets fired, is the new regime that takes over in 2025 going to be committed to developing him? Typically, a new GM will want his own QB . . . 

I like your plan, but it doesn’t seem realistic  

49 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's exactly why it won't happen. The issue is that this is a lame duck regime. If you draft Daniels this year and then everyone gets fired, is the new regime that takes over in 2025 going to be committed to developing him? Typically, a new GM will want his own QB . . . 

I like your plan, but the 

If you read the whole plan it states I would hire a QB coach/Offensive consultant who would be developing Daniels on the side and developing an offense for Daniels once Rodgers is done and with Rodgers goes Hackett plain and simple.

If Rodgers doesn’t understand **** him to can’t put all our eggs in one basket I hope of 1 great season. 

The GM and owners job is to build for continued success after guys like Rodgers is gone and this is the best way.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If you read the whole plan it states I would hire a QB coach/Offensive consultant who would be developing Daniels on the side and developing an offense for Daniels once Rodgers is done and with Rodgers goes Hackett plain and simple.

If Rodgers doesn’t understand **** him to can’t put all our eggs in one basket I hope of 1 great season. 

The GM and owners job is to build for continued success after guys like Rodgers is gone and this is the best way.

I don’t necessarily disagree - just pointing out why it will never happen in practice 

• 2 weeks later...

We need players - Tackle, Guard, WR, DT, not in that specific order.  At 10, Alt is gone. He's the only one I take at 10. They are not movng up to take Daniels. AINT HAPPENING so adjust your brain cells. With Alt gone, I trade back and get a 2nd rounder. I take the BEST pass blocking tackle and that would be Tyler Guyton 6'7 327 This dud is a BEAST and nimble. He slides into RT and is best option to protect Radgers AND we get a 2nd rounder for moving back. 

if I were JD I would trade up and gut the 2025 draft and pick MHJ

With MHJ, GW, Conklin, Breece - you would need less than 3 secs

You can get 3 secs by using FAs OT and Gs (they just need to get in the way)

You will not have success in league with 1 WR that gets > 1000yrds and 2nd best receiver being a TE