Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

Says alot that I barely know what uniforms have been around as "legacy", like this one below, vs. what we actually wear on gamedays.

I just don't recall seeing these "legacy" unis on the NFL Shop before.  /shrug.

mens-nike-white-new-york-jets-legacy-cus

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Says alot that I barely know what uniforms have been around as "legacy", like this one, vs. what we actually wear.

I just don't recall seeing these "legacy" unis on the NFL Shop before.  /shrug.

mens-nike-white-new-york-jets-legacy-cus

Yeah, me too. BUT ISNT IT SO EXCITING?!?!?!

An organization that prioritizes uniform designs every 5 years rather than having a winning product = failure. 

I don’t get the obsession with the uniforms, and why it’s a priority all the time. They should have just left the originals 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, BP said:

I'm interested, yes.

17 minutes ago, BP said:

An organization that prioritizes uniform designs every 5 years rather than having a winning product = failure. 

Apologies, but this is silly.  It's not an either/or choice.  Uniform design is a marketing effort.  Has nothing to do with team or roster management, or on-field results, nor does it generally involve the GM or Coaches or players at anything but a superficial level.

The Jets deserve all the criticism possible for 13 years of failure.  That failure isn't in any way because the marketing folks have changed the uniforms a few times.  On the contrary, the changes are more likely needed/desired because the team is so bad, leading to flagging sales.

17 minutes ago, BP said:

I don’t get the obsession with the uniforms, and why it’s a priority all the time. They should have just left the originals 

Whose originals?  The 60's and 70's aren't my originals.  I started watching the Jets in the 80's. 

And lets be honest, no one in the NFL just "stick with the originals", this is how sports works.  Uni changes drive Uni sales revenue.  That's why it's done.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm interested, yes.

Apologies, but this is silly.  It's not an either/or choice.  Uniform design is a marketing effort.  Has nothing to do with team or roster management, or on-field results, nor does it generally involve the GM or Coaches or players at anything but a superficial level.

The Jets deserve all the criticism possible for 13 years of failure.  That failure isn't in any way because the marketing folks have changed the uniforms a few times.  On the contrary, the changes are more likely needed/desired because the team is so bad, leading to flagging sales.

Whose originals?  The 60's and 70's aren't my originals.  I started watching the Jets in the 80's. 

And lets be honest, no one in the NFL just "stick with the originals", this is how sports works.  Uni changes drive Uni sales revenue.  That's why it's done.  

Did you really start watching them in the 80’s?

Ill shut up now, you can walk on my lawn.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

Did you really start watching them in the 80’s?

Ill shut up now, you can walk on my lawn.

Yes.  Why is that wierd?

I'm only old enough to have started in the early/mid 80's, barely.

I only play a grumpy 70 year old on TV.  I'm in my late 40's, lol.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, BP said:

??

They changed it once after TWENTY years.  They were a flop, so the team quickly pivoted to a retro design. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes.  Why is that wierd?

I only play a grumpy 70 year old on TV.  I'm in my late 40's, 

Quite the surprise to find out I’m slightly older than you.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yes.  Why is that wierd?

I only play a grumpy 70 year old on TV.  I'm in my late 40's, lol.

I didn’t say it was weird. I just thought you were older than that. All good man 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Problem with this is the shoulder stripes are a mess. It can be fixed, dunno why Nike ****ed them up so bad when they took over from Reebok.

NFL-Curtis-Martin.jpg

Curtis-Martin-Getty-Images.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

curtis-martin-running-back-new-york-jets

Those uni's were probably top 5 in the NFL.  We never should've moved away from them.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Those uni's were probably top 5 in the NFL.  We never should've moved away from them.  

Nike ruined them. The awful shade of the green and the shoulder stripes looking completely off from the sleeve.

Also that helmet logo needed a real update....gross and boring.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I hope they leave last year's white legacy exactly the same.  I have that one.  One down, two to go!  lol   Watch them make some minor change and then it will drive me crazy that I don't have the "new" one 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Then Nike came along and kind of butchered them.

• Post of the Week 2

Nike ruined them. The awful shade of the green and the shoulder stripes looking completely off from the sleeve.
Also that helmet logo needed a real update....gross and boring.
Didn't mind the green as much as I minded the oddly mis+shaded stomach pouch ... Looked like it was patched on by someone's mom to save money.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

I'm enjoying watching the youngsters eat up the 80s passenger jet logo wordmark.

Brings back some good memories. It is battle-worn.

glad to see the current ones retired.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1