Cap opened up? Bring me Tyron Smith. Make it happen, Tanny

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brad Spieiberger, who’s pretty plugged in, says the Jets are involved but it doesn’t look like that’ll happen. Heavily implied it was between the Chiefs and Cowboys

"Yo, Jerry. The Jets have made me this offer. Beat it by a $1 and I'll be a Cowboy".

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Tyron signs elsewhere we should be in the market for Trent Brown who would fit nicely with our transition to a more power gap blocking scheme.

He is Becton part 2. Always hurt, weight issues.

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

He is Becton part 2. Always hurt, weight issues.

He is a good and solid stop gap for our soon-to-be rookie LT to sit behind for a year, half a season. 

Tyron Smith, Becton, Donovan Smith, David Bakhtiari all have injury issues. But we need someone to sign....can't go into the draft with a complete clear need to draft LT.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Why are you referring to "Tanny" to sign him?  Is this supposed to be a knock on Joe D?

"Get it done, Tanny" is a common refrain.

It's adjacent to "Sign this beast (short money)", "Noodle Arm" and "Compiler" in the Mount Rushmore lexicon of a tenured Jets fan forum member.

And yes, it does refer Tannenbaum, but, speaking from only my experience and interpretation, doesn't quite have a negative connotation but rather indicates a certain sense of urgency, an expectation of aggressiveness in dealings if you will whereas "SIGN THIS BEAST, short money" is more of a "I WANT THIS SIGNING... but would prefer to have a shorter length contract as this move will likely be considered a short-sighted mistake a year from now". 

Ironically, most of Tannebaum's moves were short-sighted, especially during the latter half of his "reign", but I must admit, the man could build an offensive line. I miss those days. 

Anywho, I believe signing Tyron fits both refrains; "GET IT DONE, TANNY" and "SIGN THIS BEAST, short money", but sadly, our current GM lacks the balls to pay the "Jet premium" for Tyron Smith even if it would effectively launder the recent disastrous news cycle for this franchise, inspire hope amongst a restless fanbase and give us some flexibility at pick 10.

He's too busy reciting "And not a cent more!" in front of his mirror at One Jets Drive.

• Upvote 2