Bowers downfield highlights plus a couple handoffs

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Parsons was 6'3 246, roughly the same size as Bowers, and ran a sub 4.4 40.

He's a freak. 

If the Jets owned a 2nd round pick, I’d be more inclined to roll the dice on Bowers.

The responsible thing to do is to take a stud offensive lineman.

Like when Beningo was screaming for Matt Leinart and others wanted Reggie Bush and Tannenbaum and Mangini went with the “unsexy” picks of Brick and Mangold.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Elite TEs have the same or worse production as just good WRs 

who’s an elite TE? Kelce? He had less than 1k yards this year. Our own Garrett Wilson who is good (not great yet) had 100 more yards with the worst qbs in the league throwing to him 

Production? What’s that? 

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Production? What’s that? 

a
: something produced : PRODUCT
b(1)
: a literary or artistic work
(2)
: a work presented to the public (as on the stage or screen or over the air)
c
: something exaggerated out of proportion to its importance

a
: the act or process of producing
b
: the creation of utility
especially  : the making of goods available for use

: total output especially of a commodity or an 

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If the Jets owned a 2nd round pick, I’d be more inclined to roll the dice on Bowers.

The responsible thing to do is to take a stud offensive lineman.

Like when Beningo was screaming for Matt Leinart and others wanted Reggie Bush and Tannenbaum and Mangini went with the “unsexy” picks of Brick and Mangold.

There could be a move-up for a tackle on day 2 even if we took Bowers @ 10.

At least that's what I tell myself...

Patrick Paul? Kiran Amegadjie?

But those guys have more of the 'stash and develop' rep as far as I can tell? Might not be as useful if we get hit with injuries this year.

Hopefully, Brock failed Rodgers' "You know the moon landing was filmed in Burbank, right?" test today and he's off our board.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

a
: something produced : PRODUCT
b(1)
: a literary or artistic work
(2)
: a work presented to the public (as on the stage or screen or over the air)
c
: something exaggerated out of proportion to its importance

a
: the act or process of producing
b
: the creation of utility
especially  : the making of goods available for use

: total output especially of a commodity or an 

If Bowers is double teamed (because you can’t single him with a smaller player and he’ll destroy your linebacker one on one) and that leaves someone else one on one who’s production is it? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If Bowers is double teamed (because you can’t single him with a smaller player and he’ll destroy your linebacker one on one) and that leaves someone else one on one who’s production is it? 

You can say the same exact thing for good receivers. Come on man! Just look around the league. WRS are paid much more which = more valuable, have more yards and tds, have more snap by snap impact. 

Conklin who’s making peanuts didn’t do much worse than some of the “elite” TEs even though his QB room was a disaster. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Elite TEs have value beyond the stat sheet.

The TE yardage leader last season was George Kittle, with 1,020 yards and six TDs. That would have made him WR24 on the season, in between Chris Godwin and Calvin Ridley. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The TE yardage leader last season was George Kittle, with 1,020 yards and six TDs. That would have made him WR24 on the season, in between Chris Godwin and Calvin Ridley. 

Mahomes without kelce early in the year looked like Zach 

But now all TEs don’t make an impact. 

k

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The stats don’t favor the elite TEs, but does having one change the game for the rest of the offense?  I’m not up for the jets to find out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Mahomes without kelce early in the year looked like Zach 

But now all TEs don’t make an impact. 

k

The only decent receiver on the chiefs was Kelce. The WRs weren’t good at all 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And Aiyuks numbers and Christian McCafferys numbers without Kittle would have been…

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You can say the same exact thing for good receivers. Come on man! Just look around the league. WRS are paid much more which = more valuable, have more yards and tds, have more snap by snap impact. 

Conklin who’s making peanuts didn’t do much worse than some of the “elite” TEs even though his QB room was a disaster. 

No one is game planning for Tyler Conklin

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

And Aiyuks numbers and Christian McCafferys numbers without Kittle would have been…

Let me run it through the algorithm….….….

Those numbers would have been the same. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Parsons was 6'3 246, roughly the same size as Bowers, and ran a sub 4.4 40.

He's a freak. 

Which is my point.  He should have led the nation in sacks but couldn't even log 10 over the course of his college career.

Just because Bowers caught a bunch of screen passes in college doesn't mean he can't be a threat down the field.  Which was the point of the video.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFJF said:

Which is my point.  He should have led the nation in sacks but couldn't even log 10 over the course of his college career.

Just because Bowers caught a bunch of screen passes in college doesn't mean he can't be a threat down the field.  Which was the point of the video.

I'm saying Brock hasn't shown that freakishness in a test like Micah. 

Plus, Micah moved positions in the pros - he went from true linebacker in college to edge rusher in the pros.

23 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm saying Brock hasn't shown that freakishness in a test like Micah. 

Plus, Micah moved positions in the pros - he went from true linebacker in college to edge rusher in the pros.

He's shown it on the field.  I'm good with that.

• Upvote 2

Nick Saban commenting on Bowers after seeing him play as a freshman three years ago.

"This guy is one of the premier players in college football"

"He's a blocker, he's physical, he's tough"

"He's got wide receiver skills in every way, shape or form which as a  bigger guy, makes it tough for bigger guys to cover him and it makes it difficult for for smaller guys to cover him"

"This guy is a phenomenal football player all-around"

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

The stats don’t favor the elite TEs, but does having one change the game for the rest of the offense?  I’m not up for the jets to find out. 

Considering the last 4 teams playing last year had top TEs I’d say it’s a trend that is working. And then you look at playoff teams as a whole and they all had rather good TE play

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

You’ve done the least amount of research into the player we’re discussing. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You’ve done the least amount of research into the player we’re discussing. 

You assume. 

you also can’t refute anything that I’m saying. It’s a FACT that WR is a more valuable position. It’s a FACT that you can find TEs on the scrap heap that can perform average. 

TE is an easily replaceable position. @T0mShane provided a good stat that the #1 TE had as many yards as the #24 WR. 

you should learn to just accept that your opinion on this subject can be wrong, and Bowers may not be a good pick here 

• Thumb Down 1