R.I.P Dickey Betts

35 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Followed the Bros and The Other Ones on year.  Stopped by Duane’s grave at one point of the leg and saw the grave site and head stone that inspired Dickie to write this song :

What I would give to go back in time and get to Watkins Glen about 3 pm Friday and hear the Dead, Bros. and Band do their 51/2 hrs worth of sound checks. Then, get maybe 3 hours of sleep and get ready for the actual concert on Saturday. 😎

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

When I hear debates about great guitarists, leads etc.. I always mention Dicky Betts lead on Blue Sky.

BEAUTIFUL, Melodic and just perfect. Blasting it now on SONOS!

One of the most underrated guitar virtuosos ever. Duane got most of the accolades and rightfully so, but DIcky stood toe to toe playing off of Duane time, and time again.
Gone but never forgotten.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Right now we're in the middle of recording a cover of Ain't Wasting Time No More-and the last track I'm waiting on is Dickie's lead track -I sent it over to my friend Bob Star to see if he can help me finish it -I will post it here when it's done out of respect and honor of West Palm Beach native Richard Betts

BartScott-CantWait.jpg.9f99635e10f92cceeccd9aaf2af8368a.jpg

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Ugghh Wow!... memories of sitting with the headphones on in my parents living room listening to my favorite  Brothers and Sisters album on the new stereo record player... 

And wearing my Eat a Peach tee shirt to Jr High at least once a week...

Thanks to everyone who posted songs recalling those memories!

God Rest Dicky's soul, a true master musician!

Sounds like my teenage years.  I would BLAST Road goes on forever with those 3 ft speakers while i washed the car etc.   Im listening now… opens up with Black Hearted Woman.   Great stuff.   Saw them twice in the 80’s.   Saw Gregg Allman in January 2014 here in Charlotte and he was pretty good.  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Right now we're in the middle of recording a cover of Ain't Wasting Time No More-and the last track I'm waiting on is Dickie's lead track -I sent it over to my friend Bob Star to see if he can help me finish it -I will post it here when it's done out of respect and honor of West Palm Beach native Richard Betts

Your humility in honoring a friend shined through in such a simple, beautiful, respectful manner....  

Ain't Wasting Time No More is a favorite, and so timelessly appropriate... It's up to you and me brother!

God Bless, and looking forward to your post when it's done!

• Upvote 1