Will the Jets draft a ……

At any point in the 2024 NFL draft, will the Jets draft a ….  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Quarterback?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!
  2. 2. Running Back?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!
  3. 3. Interior Defensive Lineman?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!
  4. 4. Linebacker?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!
  5. 5. Cornerback?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!
  6. 6. Player in the 2nd Round?

• YES! No doubt!
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No way! No how!

Quarterback - they’ve done some work so I presume they’d like someone to supplant Wilson as QB3z

Running back - I’d think they’d want someone they trust in pass protection which is hard to find via the draft, but maybe they take a shot.

Interior DL - they seem content to do veterans around Q every year and have as many guys under contracts that look like they'll hang on the 53 as they carried last year.

Linebacker - they carried five last year and all five are currently on the roster.

Cornerback - think this is an easy one to get specials and add depth, they’ve been thin at this points, and I think everyone but Sauce is a FA after this season

Second round - should’ve said probably not - I think it depends what they do in the first. Could see them moving up for a tackle if they don’t go tackle in the first.

• Upvote 2

The jets have 7 draft picks. If they take o-line and T, that leaves 5. They can easily take one of each of these positions with those 5 picks and it wouldn't shock me. 

However, I will say this. Barring any trades, I don't see the Jets drafting a CB, RB or DT until their last 3 picks in Rd 6 and 7. Rd 4 will be for LB, S, QB, or to double dip at OLine or WR.

• Upvote 1

They have said that they are looking for a developmental QB but I think they want a veteran RB

Sherwood is coming on but I think they will bring in a LB to compete with Barnes and Surratt

run stopping DT is probably a target too. 

• Upvote 1

I think the new kickoff rule might impact who gets taken with their later picks. Teams are gonna have to figure out who works. Speed may be less important than size on KORs now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think they will grab a QB in 7th or late for dev, camp arm, and eventual practice squad if all goes well

I think they will bring in a RB during camp or from cut downs in sept

I can see them drafting an ILB late provided there is one worthy

I think they are done with DL and will use Smart and Holmes for depth and eventual PS

I think they will try hard to get C/G type as high as possible

WR and OT is the biggest Q as far as what they do - if were up to me I would go FA on OT and get the best WR you can

and if they do go TE/HB in 1st then I can see them trading Conk - ditto on OT i can see some sort of sign-trade with AVT especially if they draft a decent C/G

I am curious how they will do this year with UDFA now that Hogan is gone - I always suspected he was behind some of the recent hits no proof of that obviously.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Assuming the Jets will try to draft a WR and an offensive lineman, will they draft a player at the above positions?

The Jets really need depth at safety and linebacker, especially safety, so I believe this is a "no doubt about it" pick for them.

The Jets have both the second to last pick and last pick of the draft, and if the Jets don't pick one until then, I think it would be pretty cool to have Mr. Irrevelent be a QB with the last pick of the draft, like Brock Purdy was!  Think Sam Hartman!

There will be some real quality safeties available at #72, assuming the Jets trade down and get their O tackle and wide receiver in the first 2 rounds. 

I just can't see the Jets drafting a cornerback in any round, I just can't.  LOL

• Upvote 1