ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Why then did they agree to pay half his salary in 2024. You can come up with a better one than that.

2.5 million bro lol.. That is chump ( which Zach is ) change for a qb these days. They didn’t give up any draft picks for the joker.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Lance apparently sucks too

He didn’t throw INTs in college

Maybe Joe Douglas finally realizes level of competition matters in the evaluation process 

When asked about the quality of opposition for ZW in the COVID year, JD’s somewhat glib yet obtuse reply was “the tape is tape”

10 hours ago, TBJ said:

Bo Nix may have accidentally spilled the beans on Broncos starting QB job

Not surprising Nix is head and shoulders above both Stidham and Stinkapono in training camp.  And I’m not even a big Nix guy

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Maybe Joe Douglas finally realizes level of competition matters in the evaluation process 

When asked about the quality of opposition for ZW in the COVID year, JD’s somewhat glib yet obtuse reply was “the tape is tape”

Where did the highest paid QB in NFL history go to college again?

• Post of the Week 2

On 7/26/2024 at 10:25 PM, Rangers9 said:

Look Denver invested 2.7 million for ZW. So I don't see them cutting him esp when most teams are carrying 3 QBs. It's possible they could trade him. Teams need QBs during the season. And Zach has 33 starts and some of those starts were ok. 

what is 2.7 million today? teams cut people owning way more money than that. 

yeah SOME of those starts were ok, but the rest were not. 2.7 mil is not saving him from getting cut.

and most teams do not carry 3 QBs on the active roster. they choose to carry another player instead of a 3rd QB. if Zach is #3 he will be on the P.S which means he has to get cut to get there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Look, I’m stupid because I didn’t recognize the greatness fields had throwing 7tds or whatever in that college playoff game I get it 

You could have stopped after the first 3 words. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

what is 2.7 million today? teams cut people owning way more money than that. 

yeah SOME of those starts were ok, but the rest were not. 2.7 mil is not saving him from getting cut.

and most teams do not carry 3 QBs on the active roster. they choose to carry another player instead of a 3rd QB. if Zach is #3 he will be on the P.S which means he has to get cut to get there.

Teams are carrying 3 QBs the third QB as emergency third QB who can only play if both QBs injured. 2.7 is still a lot of money esp for teams with cap probs we see guys getting released or veterans cut out of training camp because they have to be paid veteran minimums which aren't in the high millions. Teams prefer rookies who they can pay less until they are in that veteran status. One of the reasons players don't last long in the NFL. Teams pay their big ticket options usually franchise QBs who earn a very high percentage of total team salaries. And then have to scrimp on the rest of the roster. 

Look it's hard to predict what Payton will do. Who'd have thought he could cut Russell Wilson and eat his salary over 37 million. So if he thinks Zach on the roster is counterproductive he'll get rid of him. If he thinks he adds value and could have a role he'll stay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Funny how the “tape” showed all of Zach’s flaws when he played a strong opponent.  Guess they picked and chose which tape mattered and which didn’t!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Fields will be Super Bowl MVP.

Fact. Russell Wilson is hurt.  He's on the sideline pushing around tackle dummies, for some reason.  Maybe a transition to guard?  idk.  What I do know, is the the process has already started.

Fact. Russell Wilson is hurt.  He's on the sideline pushing around tackle dummies, for some reason.  Maybe a transition to guard?  idk.  What I do know, is the the process has already started.
I think Fields will.get an op for sure ... R Wilson is cooked.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Per Graziano: 

“You can place Zach Wilson as a clear No. 3 in this race right now, based on everything I’ve heard. He obviously has high-end talent and could theoretically show enough in camp to move up, but he never really did that in three years with the Jets and so far doesn’t seem to have impressed anyone very much in Denver.”

Oof.

Weird how he didn't talk about his lack of weppinz, OL and coaching with the Jets.  It's almost like none of that were reasonable excuses for the level of bad he demonstrated here or so far in Denver...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Per Graziano: 

“You can place Zach Wilson as a clear No. 3 in this race right now, based on everything I’ve heard. He obviously has high-end talent and could theoretically show enough in camp to move up, but he never really did that in three years with the Jets and so far doesn’t seem to have impressed anyone very much in Denver.”

Oof.

Weird how he didn't talk about his lack of weppinz, OL and coaching with the Jets.  It's almost like none of that were reasonable excuses for the level of bad he demonstrated here or so far in Denver...

If we were interested in hearing from Douglas (stop expecting things peasant!) this would be a pretty good question. How was Zach the unquestioned 2 when he’s well behind Stidham in Denver a few months later?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

If we were interested in hearing from Douglas (stop expecting things peasant!) this would be a pretty good question. How was Zach the unquestioned 2 when he’s well behind Stidham in Denver a few months later?

No one is asking that question. Wilson isn't on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

35 % of JetNation, for 3 years:  "Zach Wilson is a QB3".

45 % of JN:  [Gasps] "You're all just h8ers.  Let him develop and stuff.  And if he doesn't develop it's 100 % the Jets' fault."

2024:  "Zach Wilson is the QB3 in Denver."

3 remaining Zach defenders:  "Guys just stop talking about him already"

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

35 % of JetNation, for 3 years:  "Zach Wilson is a QB3".

45 % of JN:  [Gasps] "You're all just h8ers.  Let him develop and stuff.  And if he doesn't develop it's 100 % the Jets' fault."

2024:  "Zach Wilson is the QB3 in Denver."

3 remaining Zach defenders:  "Guys just stop talking about him already"

LOL 

Haven’t seen @Dunnie or @Hal or @Hal N of Provo in awhile.

Seriously though if SP the QB whisperer can’t even help ZW, what chance did the Jets (or Mike LaFleur) ever have?

At least the Broncos weren’t stupid enough to enter an NFL season with ZW as their unquestioned QB1 for 2 years and then unmotivated and unquestioned QB2 for a 3rd year.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Been watching Payton interviews and broncos podcasts.  It’s clear at first they were arrogant and wanted to blame the jets dysfunction for Wilson being bad here.  

And then they saw him practice 

• Haha 1

I have no idea what everyone is talking about, but will Rich be the 1st poster to reach 100 posts in this thread and overtake Matt?

Or will 80 just start spamming this thread to reach the century mark first? There is quite a bit of conversation to be had, and Rich's strategy of boring everyone has gotten him within one post of the lead.

This is a tight-knit race where its anyones game...

image.png.8fb280fa5eba3ccdb23c1deb60a22b94.png

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I have no idea what everyone is talking about, but will Rich be the 1st poster to reach 100 posts in this thread and overtake Matt?

Or will 80 just start spamming this thread to reach the century mark first? There is quite a bit of conversation to be had, and Rich's strategy of boring everyone has gotten him within one post of the lead.

This is a tight-knit race where its anyones game...

image.png.8fb280fa5eba3ccdb23c1deb60a22b94.png

Meh. Swing and a miss. 

On 7/26/2024 at 4:56 PM, Claymation said:

None of the QBs have distinguished themselves yet. 

On 7/26/2024 at 11:23 PM, Claymation said:

you are the one who is saying he has zero shot, I’m saying no one has separated themselves.

Sure ya “don’t know what’s going on in here”, Clay.  Sure ya don’t.  

Another mark of the defend-Zach crowd:  Just make fun of the opposition for talking about him rather than admit the dude sucks.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure ya don’t know what’s going on in here.  Sure ya don’t.  Another mark of the defend-Zach crowd:  Just make fun of the opposition for talking about him.

You are right there buddy

giphy.webp