ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Us hate watching Zachs downfall from bottom tier to hell tier and this thread being 28 pages is peak Jets fan sh!t 😂.

That's sort of a sad commentary on the fanbase and the franchise 😅 But wave that flag high and proud! 🤡

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adding on to this an analogy @T0mShane will love and @#27TheDominator will hate:

Metallica post-Burton was much like the Jets post-Parcells.  There were enough remnants there to make And Justice a solid album and for Black Album make the band achieve popularity (The “We play to win the game” or “let’s eat a GD snack” moments, for instance).  

But it quickly became clear afterwards (and Black Album itself was a warning sign for metal fans) they were a hollow shell of the former artistic ability they had without their most important band member.  

Did I post on this? 

I was going to say that Metallica were a bunch of hacks from the start doing covers and copies of a bunch of NWOBHM stuff from the jump.  Their main appeal was being like/for the kids.  Not a bunch of 10 year older guitar gods wearing spandex and aqua net.  I saw them with Mustaine and it was all down hill since then.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did I post on this? 

I was going to say that Metallica were a bunch of hacks from the start doing covers and copies of a bunch of NWOBHM stuff from the jump.  Their main appeal was being like/for the kids.  Not a bunch of 10 year older guitar gods wearing spandex and aqua net.  I saw them with Mustaine and it was all down hill since then.  

How old are you?!

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did I post on this? 

Ah I thought you'd focus on the Parcells aspect of the post, lol.

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LaFleur calling plays for Rodgers puts us in legit SB contention, whereas Hackett is a doofus.

How do I say stupidest post ever without being offensive? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did I post on this? 

Thank you. I recalled thinking Metallica was always bullsh*t, but that was mostly based on the fake poseur metalhead bros in my high school all being heavily into them and Suicidal Tendencies

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Firing / scapegoating LaFleur was an egregious mistake that will only be magnified if Hackett continues to suck.

Just listened to an interview with McVay where he was talking LaFleur up as the next great HC in that Shanahan lineage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you. I recalled thinking Metallica was always bullsh*t, but that was mostly based on the fake poseur metalhead bros in my high school all being heavily into them and Suicidal Tendencies

Yeah. Fake Metalheads and loner 80s emo kids listening to Metallica and BlackFlag... Meanwhile....

https://youtu.be/qxaPj19VnRA?si=8kYfMaK8KZSw4lmh

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Personal attack. 

Reported. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

dude is fighting to save his NFL career and bailing on free plays in practice where the QB can't be touched 

ngmi

Is he?  I get the feeling Zach doesnt really care much about this.

I think if he gets cut, he will move on, find something else to do with his life and not be that upset that the nfl thing didnt work out.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is he?  I get the feeling Zach doesnt really care much about this.

I think if he gets cut, he will move on, find something else to do with his life and not be that upset that the nfl thing didnt work out.

I really wish Joe Douglas hadn’t used his first two high 1st round picks on guys who don’t really seem to like football all that much.  But alas….