ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

Rookie NFL minimum salary is 795k. So if Denver carries a rookie as number 3 QB they can save 2 million compared to keeping Zach on the roster as number 3. Except that number is guaranteed. They are stuck with Zach's salary unless they can trade him. As of today Denver is only carrying 3 QBs on their roster. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Rookie NFL minimum salary is 795k. So if Denver carries a rookie as number 3 QB they can save 2 million compared to keeping Zach on the roster as number 3. Except that number is guaranteed. They are stuck with Zach's salary unless they can trade him. As of today Denver is only carrying 3 QBs on their roster. 

After losing the qb job in a week, zach has now entered untradeable territory.

I think he will be out of the league within a year.

• Upvote 3

Who else is looking forward to seeing Zach go 7/16 for 85 yards, and get an in depth report on how the 3rd team Denver offense just isn't good enough to showcase his talent?  Should be a very exciting day boys.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So let me get this straight. If Zach plays poorly it's because he sucks. If he plays well because he's with third stringers. 

Now you're getting it.  Except we can't ever say "played well".

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So let me get this straight. If Zach plays poorly it's because he sucks. If he plays well because he's with third stringers. 

If he plays poorly against 3rd stringers after 3 years as a starter? Yes, that sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

Who else is looking forward to seeing Zach go 7/16 for 85 yards, and get an in depth report on how the 3rd team Denver offense just isn't good enough to showcase his talent?  Should be a very exciting day boys.
Yeah he should be able to play well ... The opposition is crap too so there really is no excuse.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets big mistake was getting rid of Flacco and starting Zach day one. 

Zach was almost never pressured in college because all of his linemen were 26 year old men. They had no idea how he’s respond to a pass rush until they got him into live games. 

I thought Nix looked ok for a rookie there were errors also he was helped a lot with PI calls. If Nix is their long term game plan go with Stidham to start the season maybe bring Nix in during the season. I'd hold onto Zach in case of injuries or ineffectiveness. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought Nix looked ok for a rookie there were errors also he was helped a lot with PI calls. If Nix is their long term game plan go with Stidham to start the season maybe bring Nix in during the season. I'd hold onto Zach in case of injuries or ineffectiveness. 

Nix will throw 28 tds this year abd win rookie of the year.  He will be a total stud under Sean Payton.