1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

29 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I have to think that the donors who paid $ 6,000 and maybe those right after who paid $3,000 for the privilege of a private half hour meeting with RFK Jr at the beginning of the event last night in Glendale might have had a surprise guest... maybe why it's been hush on Rogers.  Just my hunch after RFK obviously showed that video to all, which references directly what Rodgers said 6 month's before.  Brilliant!

Tickets are available with a campaign contribution of $6,600, $3,300, $1,500, $750, or $500. 

This event is closed to press.

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Private Reception for Maximum Donors

6:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Reception for Maximum and Premier Donors

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM General Reception with fireside chat, Q&A, and a photo opportunity for all guests.

Interesting.

Glendale is like 15 mins from my house.

Judging by the last names, the event hosts / sponsors are Armenian, which makes sense.

A ton of Armenians live in Glendale (and Pasadena, and Burbank).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

How do you explain him missing Tuesday and half of Wednesday in order to attend a Thursday evening event? Was he helping Bobby set up? 😅

I don't have any answers, just looking at clues which heavily point to that, that's all. 

51 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Interesting.

Glendale is like 15 mins from my house.

Judging by the last names, the event hosts / sponsors are Armenian, which makes sense.

A ton of Armenians live in Glendale (and Pasadena, and Burbank).

Ahh.., that ties in the RFK Jr video on the Event site about the Christian genocide going on in Armenia. Was wondering why he posted that video there. 

3 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Ahh.., that ties in the RFK Jr video on the Event site about the Christian genocide going on in Armenia. Was wondering why he posted that video there. 

Maybe he was there wearing these. No one recognized him.

20240614_140635.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Maybe he was there wearing these. No one recognized him.

20240614_140635.jpg

Will you wear those for a week if my guess turns out to be right? 

It was a Private Event with No Press Allowed and RFK showed a video, which depicted a genocide happening in Armenia,  to all those Armenian heritage donors who probably hate our press for being silent on what's happening to their people back in Armenia. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if nobody blabbed to the press as they all have a stake in the game. 

24 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Will you wear those for a week if my guess turns out to be right? 

It was a Private Event with No Press Allowed and RFK showed a video, which depicted a genocide happening in Armenia,  to all those Armenian heritage donors who probably hate our press for being silent on what's happening to their people back in Armenia. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if nobody blabbed to the press as they all have a stake in the game. 

How did the guests get in and out of the event? Underground hidden tunnel? Star Trek teleporters?

Look, maybe he was there but your "connecting the dots" seems like  something Rodgers would come up with 😅 It's out there.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking for myself, I think “Rodgers misses two days of Saleh’s Twinkie munch summer camp” isn’t a big thing at all, even if it could be construed as a little canary in the coal mine as to Rodgers’ mindset. IMO, the better, more fun, story is that Saleh own-goaled himself and, by extension, Rodgers, in his presser and that could have some longer term implications if Rodgers gets a bug up his ass about it. 

Do you really think so? I think everything that comes after a reporter asking a question he knows perfectly well he isn’t going to get a real answer to is of very little consequence.

3 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Do you really think so? I think everything that comes after a reporter asking a question he knows perfectly well he isn’t going to get a real answer to is of very little consequence.

Depends what we mean by “consequence,” though. Rodgers is notoriously rabbit-eared, has a native distrust of media and authority, and has worked to subvert his last two head coaches—both of whom have been better than Saleh. Whenever Rodgers re-emerges, he’s going to get pounded with questions about the missed two days and he’s going to bristle like a mother****er. How he responds to that bristling could very well decide the Jets fate this season. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/13/2024 at 1:52 PM, TBJ said:

I am honered to be the first recipient, and as your captain I will lead us to these times of abundance. You need me on this wall! I will end the longest current playoff drought in American sports. I will put an end to the feeble incompetence of the entire JN captain legacy. As your captain, we will return to the glory of fur coats and pantry hose, I have a dream! I will restore the Lombardi trophy to its T’s coming to Sheepshead Bay? rightful home, Sheepshead Bay, BROOKLYN. I am the man for this job, I am called to be your leader. Kneel before Zod!

image.png

It’s coming to Sheepshead Bay? Does this mean we all get fried calamari and scungilli from Randazzo’s?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Somewhat related, Randall Cobb was interviewed last week and was asked about Zach Wilson’s disappearance at the end of the year. Cobb made a point of blaming Saleh and the coaching staff for 1. Trying to throw Zach back into games after Douglas told him he’d be traded and 2. For leaking negative info about Zach after that happened. Recall that this was after Saleh said Zach was “dehydrated” and then “er, ah, has a concussion.” For Cobb—who’s besties with Rodgers—to point the finger at Saleh regarding the messy Zach’s disappearance is interesting, especially in light of Saleh throwing more red meat to the press over Rodgers disappearance 

He never mentioned Saleh by name. He said "they." To me that could mean anyone inside the Jets organization. Wasn't Saleh the one who came out and defended Wilson when it was reported he didn't want to play late in year? Or am I remembering that wrong?

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He never mentioned Saleh by name. He said "they." To me that could mean anyone inside the Jets organization. Wasn't Saleh the one who came out and defended Wilson when it was reported he didn't want to play late in year? Or am I remembering that wrong?

As is typical with Saleh, he created the Wilson story by offering that he was “dehydrated,” which he then had to unconvincingly backtrack on to upgrade to a concussion despite the fact that Wilson had already been through his blue tent examination when he said “dehydrated.” Saleh is just super bad with the media.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As is typical with Saleh, he created the Wilson story by offering that he was “dehydrated,” which he then had to unconvincingly backtrack on to upgrade to a concussion despite the fact that Wilson had already been through his blue tent examination when he said “dehydrated.” Saleh is just super bad with the media.

When lies and deception are your default — as it appears to be with Saleh — at some point it inevitably becomes difficult to keep your story straight.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still hard to believe the number of disgusting people who were just beside themselves that we wouldn't believe it was gon be a long concussion. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was talking about the story of when they asked Wilson to come start again after the Boyle fiasco and I believe that is what Cobb was referring to. You might want to read his quotes again.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s coming to Sheepshead Bay? Does this mean we all get fried calamari and scungilli from Randazzo’s?

Yes, and if you're kosher you get Roll-n-Roaster.

• Haha 1

This is so overblown as Rodgers said openly 5 months back at his post season presser that he'd be missing some camp at the  6:40 mark Quote -" there will be certain things that require me to be elsewhere for some of the time" "but I'd like to be here as much as possible". He also reminded Saleh of this at the start of OTA's.  

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Somewhat related, Randall Cobb was interviewed last week and was asked about Zach Wilson’s disappearance at the end of the year. Cobb made a point of blaming Saleh and the coaching staff for 1. Trying to throw Zach back into games after Douglas told him he’d be traded and 2. For leaking negative info about Zach after that happened. Recall that this was after Saleh said Zach was “dehydrated” and then “er, ah, has a concussion.” For Cobb—who’s besties with Rodgers—to point the finger at Saleh regarding the messy Zach’s disappearance is interesting, especially in light of Saleh throwing more red meat to the press over Rodgers disappearance 

Yep, This is what it sounds like when doves cry!

• Haha 3

On 6/13/2024 at 3:05 PM, Warfish said:

Isn't that part of his job as Franchise QB?

Has anyone actually said that?

Think what you like. I don't see an issue with Rodgers. You have a narrative. I really don't. Just a long time Jets fan hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TexJet said:

Think what you like. I don't see an issue with Rodgers. You have a narrative. I really don't. Just a long time Jets fan hoping for the best.

I do think what I like, thanks. 

I think what Rodgers has done to-date is his job, exactly what he is paid an exorbitant amount of money to do, nothing more, nothing less.  He has not been special here for what QB's do generally in the league, nor has he gone above and beyond here in NY.  And because of his season-crushing injury 4 plays in, we basically have received nothing of real value from him so far.  

The only people on JN with a "narrative", i.e. an agenda, are the people who keep constantly accusing everyone else of having a "narrative" whenever anything even glancingly critical of Rodgers gets said.  Saying "You just hate Rodgers..." is not an actual defense of the things Rodgers chooses to do or not do.

And since you mentioned it, we're all "long time fans, hoping for the best" here at JN.  One can hope for the best, root Rodgers on on gameday, and still think he should have attended minicamp.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do think what I like, thanks. 

I think what Rodgers has done to-date is his job, exactly what he is paid an exorbitant amount of money to do, nothing more, nothing less.  He has not been special here for what QB's do generally in the league, nor has he gone above and beyond here in NY.  And because of his season-crushing injury 4 plays in, we basically have received nothing of real value from him so far.  

The only people on JN with a "narrative", i.e. an agenda, are the people who keep constantly accusing everyone else of having a "narrative" whenever anything even glancingly critical of Rodgers gets said.  Saying "You just hate Rodgers..." is not an actual defense of the things Rodgers chooses to do or not do.

And since you mentioned it, we're all "long time fans, hoping for the best" here at JN.  One can hope for the best, root Rodgers on on gameday, and still think he should have attended minicamp.  

The job you are paid to do doesn't include voluntary activities. But ok.