Mike Williams Has Never Had Aaron Rodgers

Ulrich

Jets made a run at Mike Williams a few off seasons ago for a reason. They didn’t get him but now they do. And he’s never had a QB like Rodgers throwing him the ball.

Yes The Aaron Rodgers Thought Police will aim to rain on the potential of The Rodgers to Williams Parade. Understandable, if knee jerk pessimistic and negative.

But me and many are excited to see what Mike Williams can do with Rodgers at the command. Herbert is no joke but he’s not a living legend.

I think Mike Will is gonna be a red zone threat and critical chain mover. The rest of the weapons are on offense will put up big the numbers and production. And Rodgers to Williams could be lethal and back breaking. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Ulrich. As a usually  sunny Jets fan myself,  I enjoy  your posts as a counter to the dark side point of view.. But weren't both MW and Herbert sometimes healthy at the same time in San Diego. He did well then and he should do well with AR. But there's no reason to think  he'll reach new levels here. His best at SD, or a bit less but  taking the heat off of GW, should be our hope, and no more. And that assumes he's healthy.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're going to quit the site again when Rodgers lights it up this year aren't you?

I never quit the site. 

Would be great to see Rodgers defeat father time.  A player that begins to show substantive decline and then two years and a major surgery later reverses the clock.

More than just as a Jet fan (which would be amazing) but also just from an overall science perspective would be wild to see the first person to anti-age.

I'm absolutely rooting for Rodgers!

• Upvote 4

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I never quit the site. 

Would be great to see Rodgers defeat father time.  A player that begins to show substantive decline and then two years and a major surgery later reverses the clock.

More than just as a Jet fan (which would be amazing) but also just from an overall science perspective would be wild to see the first person to anti-age.

I'm absolutely rooting for Rodgers!

No you're not.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm a Jet fan and would LOVE to see him do well.  

41 year olds, already in decline, coming off major achilles surgery don't typically get better - just setting realistic expectations.

it's the non-plant foot of a QB. How important is that? I'm going to go with not very so long as he can move around and protect himself.

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

41 year olds, already in decline, coming off major achilles surgery don't typically get better - just setting realistic expectations.

He's 40. You can't even get that right. You repeatedly get that wrong even after being corrected dozens of times. Do you have a memory issue? Honest question. My mom's memory really went to sh*t after after she turned 75. 

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He's 40. You can't even get that right. You repeatedly get that wrong even after being corrected dozens of times. Do you have a memory issue? Honest question. My mom's memory really went to sh*t after after she turned 75. 

He'll be 41 by the time they'll need to make the Wildcard run.  He turns 41 in December.  

His age when it's going to matter is the point.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1

47 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The first person -- what are you talking about, or did you start watching football like 6 months ago?

Peyton Manning regressed in 2010. Then missed all of 2011 with a far more concerning neck injury + surgery than Rodgers just had. Then threw for 15000 yards and 130 TDs (in 16 games/season not 17, mind you) over the next 3 years, including a still-standing NFL record 55 TDs in 2013. 

Also Kurt Warner never showed substantive decline, repeatedly breaking his throwing hand & suck for 5 years, and then didn't bounce back & take yet another team to the Super Bowl.

I'm sure you'll move the argumentative goalposts again, though.

Warner retired at 39 (That's two year and a torn achilles later)

Manning was shot - and I suspect that's a similar level of play you'll get from Rodgers.    If that's the level of play y'all are expecting and excited for from Rodgers you won't get an argument from me.  I will say you and I agree.   

But if you you think the Jets can win the Super Bowl this year with the level of play the Broncos got from Manning I will disagree.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Warner retired at 39 (That's two year and a torn achilles later)

Manning was shot - and I suspect that's a similar level of play you'll get from Rodgers.    If that's the level of play y'all are expecting and excited for from Rodgers you won't get an argument from me.  I will say you and I agree.   

But if you you think the Jets can win the Super Bowl this year with the level of play the Colts got from Manning I will disagree.

Pretty sure OP is referencing Broncos Manning, not Colts Manning. He was definitely shot in 2015 when they won that Superbowl but the prior few years he put up video game numbers. I don't think anyone is expecting prime Rodgers, but the optimists are hoping for 80% of the 2022 vintage. We're gonna see some level of falloff for certain; exactly how much is going to determine how the season goes. 

It IS very funny that you're doing this bit now after the last QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Pretty sure OP is referencing Broncos Manning, not Colts Manning. He was definitely shot in 2015 when they won that Superbowl but the prior few years he put up video game numbers. I don't think anyone is expecting prime Rodgers, but the optimists are hoping for 80% of the 2022 vintage. We're gonna see some level of falloff for certain; exactly how much is going to determine how the season goes. 

It IS very funny that you're doing this bit now after the last QB. 

he's definitely going to quit again

• Haha 1

lol Herbert is one of the best qbs in the league. To boot, unlike the qbs we’ve drafted, he’s been able to do it with a bad coaching staff making it harder than it should have been.

prime Rodgers, sure, but there aren’t many current  that would be an upgrade over him….and Rodgers wouldn’t be one of them. Gotta take those green glasses off, bud.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alworth said:

Ulrich. As a usually  sunny Jets fan myself,  I enjoy  your posts as a counter to the dark side point of view.. But weren't both MW and Herbert sometimes healthy at the same time in San Diego. He did well then and he should do well with AR. But there's no reason to think  he'll reach new levels here. His best at SD, or a bit less but  taking the heat off of GW, should be our hope, and no more. And that assumes he's healthy.

I should’ve been more specific:

I think this Jets offense is going to f—king explode.

And when you have an amazing huge body talent like Mike Williams receiving passes from arguably the greatest QB in history … you can do the math he’ll be open at times.

I don’t expect huge numbers out of Mike Will and strategically I don’t want it.

I just think he’s going to put up enormous TD numbers and chain moving catches.

He is a flat out weapon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

lol Herbert is one of the best qbs in the league. To boot, unlike the qbs we’ve drafted, he’s been able to do it with a bad coaching staff making it harder than it should have been.

prime Rodgers, sure, but there aren’t many current  that would be an upgrade over him….and Rodgers wouldn’t be one of them. Gotta take those green glasses off, bud.

I know they’re acting like he was playing Zach and Justin Fields

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Ah I remember the days when I would have LOVED to see Zach do well but “set realistic expectations” and was continuously called a hater who wanted to see him fail.

Good times…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

Rodgers at 70% his former MVP self (only 3 years ago) is still a top 15 Qb. I think we get90% Rodgers with a 100% motivated Breece and Wilson looking to cash in on a big season and a top 3 defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2