Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

Just now, Matt39 said:

Do you have any evidence of Reddick giving the Jets a verbal agreement? Has Douglas appeared publicly since the trade?

Yeah the same people who you readily quote are repost reported it after the deal.  
Yes, JD has appeared, he’s not MIA, just like his job isn’t to show up for your benefit.  

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Huge failure by Douglas.  Letting Huff walk for this…

Huff wanted to leave.  Everybody forgets that.  He had no interest in this rotation.  

He wanted out and wasn't going to stay in this rotation at any reasonable price.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Sucks that the jets don’t have a young edge player trying to break into the starting lineup that could seize the opportunity to get Reddick’s reps. 

damn 

No no no, that young edge rusher is a total bust, waste of a draft pick, fireable offense by clueless JD…..haven’t you been reading the board all off-season man??

If only we drafted JSN…..

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What was JD suppose to do... Huff wanted to be a full 3 down edge (his words) ... Jets couldn't honor that so he left. 

Not sure how this gets missed in all the hatred.. 

^This.  This board can be so stupid at times.  Huff wasn't staying here without a 3-down Edge position, which he was never going to get here.   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah the same people who you readily quote are repost reported it after the deal.  
Yes, JD has appeared, he’s not MIA, just like his job isn’t to show up for your benefit.  

Can you share the link of Douglas recapping his rationale behind the trade?

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

^ complex deal maker 

you can't even bother to google to see if some of your comments have been specifically refuted (i.e. did they speak to him) so complex deal negotiations i assume aren't really your cup of tea.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Facts get in the way of the outrage.  In the fantasy land JD should have know Reddick would reneg on his word and hold out and Huff would have accepted his part time roll here 

Reddick wanted a new deal and saying he won't hold out was based on a premise that the Jets would restructure.  The Jets have dragged their feet.  No outrage.  Reddick is right to hold out, JD shouldn't expect him to show up until he negiotates in good faith a new deal they can both live with.  It might simply be a one year deal but it was clear he wasn't playing on an unguaranteed 1 year deal before the trade.

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Oof. I'm going to have to disagree with that 😅

And how do you feel about calling another poster a "shill" for posting how he feels? Seems like the same as what you are opposed to 🤷 

I never used the word shill here (don't remember tbh). 

I'm calling out one poster, @Joe W. Namath because I am sick of his perpetual whining, constant attacks on other Jets fans.  Sure it can be ignored, and if I were more busy today, I'd probably not do this.  But I'd rather put it on display because he is such a d*ck with this constant attacks all the time and, IMO, it needs a reaction.  Put me on ignore if you don't like.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Do you have any evidence of Reddick giving the Jets a verbal agreement? Has Douglas appeared publicly since the trade?

have you heard of google or twitter?

if you had taken 10 seconds to google your question you would have most likely gotten this result.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

"Sources" so take that for what you want. 

These sources paint the Jets in a positive light….therefore the board will deem them false or team released propaganda.  
Negative sources though are immediately stamped as undisputed fact.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So he declined the deal but the Jets still made the trade? Huh?

reading is fundamental

Reddick told the Jets he was on board with this. He would show up for the offseason program, minicamp, & training camp. He'd perform well early season, leading an in-season extension (similar to John Franklin-Myers in 2021).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The bottom line is, as usual, it's a bad look for the Jets.

While we can question what Reddick said to the Jets while the trade was manifesting, it was very well documented that Reddick wanted a new contract/extension from the Eagles prior to the trade.

There was really no reason to believe that his greediness would change, when he was traded here.

It makes the Jets front office look pretty incompetent - trading a 3rd round pick for a guy and then have him not show up to any off-season activities (OTA's/Mini-camp) and now have it drag into training camp, because of a contract issue that was largely known and reported on, before the trade took place..

There is no way to sugar-coat this, if it looks like sh!t and smells like sh!t.....well.....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I never used the word shill here (don't remember tbh). 

I'm calling out one poster, @Joe W. Namath because I am sick of his perpetual whining, constant attacks on other Jets fans.  Sure it can be ignored, and if I were more busy today, I'd probably not do this.  But I'd rather put it on display because he is such a d*ck with this constant attacks all the time and, IMO, it needs a reaction.  Put me on ignore if you don't like.

I was referring to Matt who called JetNut a shill for the Jets, twice, because he expressed his opinion on the Jets. I definitely wasn't referring to you. My apologies if you took it that way. My point is that it seems like Joe is the one being singled out for something that other guys do here all the time.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if you had taken 10 seconds to google your question you would have most likely gotten this result.

If this is actually true (who knows if it is or not) then the Jets should have never pulled the trigger on this trade.

Makes the Jets look even more foolish.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

While we can question what Reddick said to the Jets while the trade was manifesting, it was very well documented that Reddick wanted a contract/extension from the Eagles prior to the trade.

There was really no reason to believe that his greediness would change, when he was traded here.

It makes the Jets front office look pretty incompetent - trading a 3rd round pick for a guy and then have him not show up to any off-season activities (OTA's/Mini-camp) and now have it drag into training camp, because of a contract issue that was largely known and reported on, before the trade took place..

There is no way to sugar-coat this, if it looks like sh!t and smells like sh!t.....well.....

If he ends up not playing this year, I agree. Terrible look. You never want to lose a draft pick for nothing, even if it's a future 3rd.

But him not showing up to camp in the first day ia no big deal. And if he goes out this year and puts up 13-15 sacks as the 20th highest paid edge, then the Jets will look like geniuses.

there is some major league spinning going on here. Douglas has not made a public appearance since this trade, he hasn’t said Reddick committed etc. until we hear from Douglas it’s all speculation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

shut up, dickhead. I never call people names 😅

Please use the appropriate British slang for that, if you please, which is "bellend". 

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in insulting me properly.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If he ends up not playing this year, I agree. Terrible look. You never want to lose a draft pick for nothing, even if it's a future 3rd.

But him not showing up to camp in the first day ia no big deal. And if he goes out this year and puts up 13-15 sacks as the 20th highest paid edge, then the Jets will look like geniuses.

@bicketybam Agree with you 100% missing the first day of camp is not the end of the world.

That said, Reddick has not given any indication that he gives 2 craps about this team, up to this point.

His only real concern since he was traded for, seems to be his bank account and my gut tells me this is going to drag on for quite a while.

I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong.

If I am, well it certainly wouldn't be the first time. 😉

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

there is some major league spinning going on here. Douglas has not made a public appearance since this trade, he hasn’t said Reddick committed etc. until we hear from Douglas it’s all speculation. 

JD is hanging with JB in the underground bunker at Rehoboth Beach!

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Please use the appropriate British slang for that, if you please, which is "bellend". 

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in insulting me properly.

I prefer prat then. Better?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

While we can question what Reddick said to the Jets while the trade was manifesting, it was very well documented that Reddick wanted a new contract/extension from the Eagles prior to the trade.

how is it sh*t?

is he going to sit out the year and give up $14MM?

or is it most likely they agree to a guaranteed deal for 2024.   if he leaves then we get a comp pick very similar to what we gave up in the trade.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

there is some major league spinning going on here. 

Right round?  Baby?  Right round?

All I know is that to me
Reddick look like he's having fun
Open up his new contract
And watch out here he comes....

Reddick spin us right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round
He spin us right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Just watch now it will be well Conor is not a good source and I Don't believe it lol.     

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@bicketybam Agree with you 100% missing the first day of camp is not the end of the world.

That said, Reddick has not given any indication that he gives 2 craps about this team up to this point.

His only real concern since he was traded for, seems to be his bank account and my gut tells me this is going to drag on for a while.

I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong.

I expect him to release a statement on X stating his neverending love for the Jets organization and it's incredible fanbase. You'll see.

• Haha 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade