Reddick look like he's having fun
Open up his new contract
And watch out here he comes....

Reddick spin us right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round
He spin us right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

RIP

111991261_Pete_Burns_5_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4lZ3VHnGjj3oFrk0333amnw5GZFWafRFBJrrnpBgrA4.jpg

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

I expect him to release a statement on X stating his neverending love for the Jets organization and it's incredible fanbase. You'll see.

And a distant relative of yours @bicketybam (who happens to be a Nigerian Prince) tragically died in a plane crash yesterday and has left $25,000,000,000 to you in his will.

You only need to send me $10,000.00 to execute the will of his estate and send you your money. 😉

23 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The bottom line is, as usual, it's a bad look for the Jets.

While we can question what Reddick said to the Jets while the trade was manifesting, it was very well documented that Reddick wanted a new contract/extension from the Eagles prior to the trade.

There was really no reason to believe that his greediness would change, when he was traded here.

It makes the Jets front office look pretty incompetent - trading a 3rd round pick for a guy and then have him not show up to any off-season activities (OTA's/Mini-camp) and now have it drag into training camp, because of a contract issue that was largely known and reported on, before the trade took place..

There is no way to sugar-coat this, if it looks like sh!t and smells like sh!t.....well.....

The 3rd round pick is in 2026.  Give me a ******* break.  Frankly, I barely give a **** if he shows up or not, but he will show up and he will show up pretty soon.  Bad looks become good looks pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, good looks become bad just as quick - see snap 5 last season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The 3rd round pick is in 2026.  Give me a ******* break.  Frankly, I barely give a **** if he shows up or not, but he will show up and he will show up pretty soon.  Bad looks become good looks pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, good looks become bad just as quick - see snap 5 last season.

Hope you're right.

There was a simple solution to this. The Jets should have resigned Bryce Huff. Its exactly what the Eagles did. Now the Jets will have to give Reddick, a player approaching the wrong side of 30, more money then they would have had to a 26 year old studd in Huff.

The Jets will always Jets.

ALWAYS!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Hope you're right.

Me too, but @$50K a day it is basically mandatory.  Based on the CBA they can't even forgive the fines.  They start forfeiting game checks with the preseason games.  It's ultra-rare for guys to actually hold out like Chris Jones last year, but Bosa, Jones and Zack Martin all held out.  Didn't seem to hurt those teams much,.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Reddick wanted a new deal and saying he won't hold out was based on a premise that the Jets would restructure.  The Jets have dragged their feet.  No outrage.  Reddick is right to hold out, JD shouldn't expect him to show up until he negiotates in good faith a new deal they can both live with.  It might simply be a one year deal but it was clear he wasn't playing on an unguaranteed 1 year deal before the trade.

No, of course he would show if he got a new deal, why would he hold out with a new deal on hand? 
I know it’s times like this we blame the jets but how do we know the jets are dragging their feet here?  I’ve seen enough of these, both sides pull be guilty of moving slowly for their own benefit.  He wants a news deal, like Too many he’s bored with the deal he gave his word to abide by.  So now to get a new deal he’s going to break the one he’s already penned his name to.  It’s kind of comical to blame JD.  I guess since he didn’t honor what he obligated himself to on paper, why should we expect him to honor what he promised before the trade

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Me too, but @$50K a day it is basically mandatory.  Based on the CBA they can't even forgive the fines.  They start forfeiting game checks with the preseason games.  It's ultra-rare for guys to actually hold out like Chris Jones last year, but Bosa, Jones and Zack Martin all held out.  Didn't seem to hurt those teams much,.

But how will he get to know his teammates and know their favorite colors?

What about the pictures of him in the Post, with him in shorts?

Who will buy Q cheeseburgers?

What if he forgets how to football?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

There was a simple solution to this. The Jets should have resigned Bryce Huff. Its exactly what the Eagles did. Now the Jets will have to give Reddick, a player approaching the wrong side of 30, more money then they would have had to a 26 year old studd in Huff.

ALWAYS!

Huff is a part time player who wants to be an every down player who wasn’t getting that assurance with the Jets.  
An Reddick is the better player.  

he's an upgrade over huff.  toss him an extra million and be done with it.  the jets defense if predicated on getting pressure up front with 4 guyz and we dont know what mcdoald is.  just ******* pay him and shut him up.  pass rushers get good money.  no rocket science.  put a ******* crowbar in the wallet and tighten his ass up as deserved for his skills and importance.  

13 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If his agent said he'd play out his contract and he won't, maybe they should just let him sit it out and become the next Leveon Bell.  Is it the Jets' fault that he was dumb enough to sign a crappy contract?

Agreed.  He’s too old to play the waiting game and has very little leverage. 

14 million is still better than nothing. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

ALWAYS!

Huff did not want to stay.  Can he handle 3-down Edge play?  That's what he wanted, while Saleh is pure rotation with as many wheels as he can get. Huff was not going to accept any deals from Jets unless he was going to get overpaid tremendously.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Huff did not want to stay.  Can he handle 3-down Edge play?  That's what he wanted, while Saleh is pure rotation with as many wheels as he can get. Huff was not going to accept any deals from Jets unless he was going to get overpaid tremendously.

And, will Huff have less of a burst playing extra downs? 

While he have better "numbers", he may be less effective.  

We will see.

7 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

ALWAYS!

Always a simple solution.  Bryce Huff did not want to sign with the Jets and is now getting a ton of money.  He is 26 years old and has 17.5 career sacks.  Reddick is 29 (approaching the wrong side of 30 means on the right side of 30) and averaging almost 13 per over his last 4 seasons. 

Huff had more sacks last season than the rest of his career combined.  Reddick hasn't had a year with fewer sacks since 2019.  What would have been really Jets-y was giving a guy that had more than half his sacks in his contract year a big deal and then watching him suck or his undersized ass getting pushed around in the run game.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

But how will he get to know his teammates and know their favorite colors?

What about the pictures of him in the Post, with him in shorts?

Who will buy Q cheeseburgers?

What if he forgets how to football?

I knew Eric Mangini had to be somewhere!

• Haha 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

And, will Huff have less of a burst playing extra downs? 

While he have better "numbers", he may be less effective.  

We will see.

We don't even know what his snap percentage will be with the Eagles.  Could be the same as the Jets...  

the MAIN point that every single critic of the trade conveniently overlooks is that Huff wanted out.  It would have taken a huge overspend to keep him in the rotation and not worthy of the price he wanted. 

• Upvote 2

When did Bryce Huff say he wanted out? I dont recall him saying that. He wanted his role expanded.

Huff cant play the run at 6'3 255? Reddick is 6'1 240 and go look at his run defense rankings. Not great. There is also the criticism from Philly that he freelanced last year and chased sacks. Get ready for more of that this year if he has to play for a big contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

When did Bryce Huff say he wanted out? He wanted his role expanded.

Huff cant play the run at 6'3 255? Reddick is 6'1 240 and go look at his run defense rankings. Not great. There is also the criticism from Philly that he freelanced last year and chased sacks.

The situation is as indefensible as it can get, but here we are. Douglas is free to explain his thought process…just don’t hold your breath. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What would have been really Jets-y was giving a guy that had more than half his sacks in his contract year a big deal and then watching him suck or his undersized ass getting pushed around in the run game.

No that would not have been Jets-y. That would have been having foresight and noticing a homegrown ascending player and locking him up. There were many Jets fans (myself included) who wanted to lock up Huff at a bargain after the 2022 season and if im not mistaken Douglas admitted that was a mis-calculation on his part.

To be fair, we do NOT know what he / his agent told the jets before the trade.
We can only reasonably assume there was either (1) some form of miscommunication, (2) an outright lie from the player, or (3) a failed game of chess by JD/Saleh.
Unless Reddick outright lied about his intentions - he might have - another misplay from our leadership.  

What I think is strange about this whole situation is the agent hasn’t been leaking information knocking the NYJ, at least not that I know about. Seems like there would have been some article about how the NYJ knew about this the whole time or that they promised Reddick something and have reneged. Those leaks may still be coming 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

11F52482-908B-4250-A81C-488E46EC41AE.thumb.jpeg.339468c6a52129665b9f93224d962b0f.jpeg

20 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

There is also the criticism from Philly that he freelanced last year and chased sacks. 

This is patently false. When Matt Patricia took over as defensive coordinator for the Eagles mid-season, he had Reddick dropping more in coverage.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-haason-reddick-matt-patricia-howie-roseman-nick-sirianni-20240117.html#:~:text=Haason Reddick had his hands,quarterbacks is what Reddick does.

Haason Reddick had his hands on his hips and a hold of his tongue. He had recorded 11 quarterback sacks through the Eagles' first 13 games this season, before Patricia was handed control of the defensive calls and started dropping him into coverage. Sacking quarterbacks is what Reddick does.Jan 16, 2024

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

When did Bryce Huff say he wanted out? I dont recall him saying that. He wanted his role expanded.

Huff cant play the run at 6'3 255? Reddick is 6'1 240 and go look at his run defense rankings. Not great. There is also the criticism from Philly that he freelanced last year and chased sacks. Get ready for more of that this year if he has to play for a big contract.

Watch Huff and Becton both have big years

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is patently false. When Matt Patricia took over as defensive coordinator for the Eagles mid-season, he had Reddick dropping more in coverage.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-haason-reddick-matt-patricia-howie-roseman-nick-sirianni-20240117.html#:~:text=Haason Reddick had his hands,quarterbacks is what Reddick does.

Haason Reddick had his hands on his hips and a hold of his tongue. He had recorded 11 quarterback sacks through the Eagles' first 13 games this season, before Patricia was handed control of the defensive calls and started dropping him into coverage. Sacking quarterbacks is what Reddick does.Jan 16, 2024

And then the entire eagles roster including Reddick quit on Patricia and the coaching staff 

I always laughed at Jets fans who think Reddick is good against the run. He sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade