Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

ESPN Sources: Cowboys and All-Pro WR CeeDee Lamb reached agreement today on a record four-year, $136 million deal that now makes him the second highest-paid non-QB in NFL history. The deal includes a $38 million signing bonus, the largest ever given to a wide receiver. Tory Dandy of CAA negotiated the deal with the Cowboys.

FYI - Dandy is Reddick's agent

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Drake Maye had another fantastic outing tonight.  He is the most talented qb in the past draft in regards to size, arm strength etc.

Watch out!  This kid has it all.  Its up to the Pats now to foster the enviornment to get him to the next level.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

In this dawn of a new era of Patriots football, he is one of the bright spots.  

He has all the tools you want in a modern QB.  He has played well.  Albeit, it has largely been against second-strong (or worse) players.  The counter to this is he has played with largely second-string (or worse) players.

7 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Black Widow Avengers GIF

In this dawn of a new era of Patriots football, he is one of the bright spots.  

He has all the tools you want in a modern QB.  He has played well.  Albeit, it has largely been against second-strong (or worse) players.  The counter to this is he has played with largely second-string (or worse) players.

I haven't really seen much of him in preseason so I don't about him have an opinion yet.  Obviously he's not going to be another TB12, but if one of the few bright spots is a young QB, that's like striking gold.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I haven't really seen much of him in preseason so I don't about him have an opinion yet.  Obviously he's not going to be another TB12, but if one of the few bright spots is a young QB, that's like striking gold.  

Watched him last night. Small sample size , but he looks like he has the tools to stick around a while. Should be fun to watch him.

11 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Watched him last night. Small sample size , but he looks like he has the tools to stick around a while. Should be fun to watch him.

I am LONG past projecting a rookie QB's ability to succeed based on his first preseason.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

That's why I left my reply pretty vague. He's not a lock by any means.

Well he goes 13-20 with 1 TD with and against cut candidates and some backups without any advanced game planning on either side and JWN is rubbing himself with scented oils.  Just trying to bring some reality back.  

I mean, just looking at the box score, Trace McSorley did almost the same thing for WAS.  And by that standard, Zach was all-world last night.  All these guys should be able to throw pretty passes when they aren't under pressure and playing in real games against real game-planning.  It's all smoke and mirrors until then.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well he goes 13-20 with 1 TD with and against cut candidates and some backups without any advanced game planning on either side and JWN is rubbing himself with scented oils.  Just trying to bring some reality back.  

I mean, just looking at the box score, Trace McSorley did almost the same thing for WAS.  And by that standard, Zach was all-world last night.  All these guys should be able to throw pretty passes when they aren't under pressure and playing in real games against real game-planning.  It's all smoke and mirrors until then.

Okay , you've made me see the error of my ways. He sucks and always will. I don't like him anymore and will never ever watch him play again. Thank you so much for making this so crystal clear to me kind sir. You're very persuasive and cunning ! LOL.

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So far so good.

Praying The Office GIF

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

As I caveated earlier, 

He has played well.  Albeit, it has largely been against second-strong (or worse) players.  The counter to this is he has played with largely second-string (or worse) players.

Driskel would have been a more apt comparison as he started against the 1/2s.  McSorley got mop up duty.

With that being said, no one is fitting him for a gold jacket.  Playing with largely the Patriots' second string he has looked better than an 8-year vet playing with starters.  He has played well.  The last two games he has showed everything you want in a QB.  Off platform throws.  Arm strength.  Escapability.  Over coming bad plays.  His best play was scrambling to his right and hitting Osborn a la Rodgers esque 40+ yard pass against a few years ago against the Cowboys.  Of course, that play was nullified by one of the 19 million illegal formations the Patriots' OL suffered last night, but I digress.  Plus, one last thing, he looked pissed when the Patriots trotted out a kicker to try a 62 yard FG at the end of the first half.  

He has shown the tools you want your QB to have.  He still needs to develop, but, agan, he looks good.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Drake Maye had another fantastic outing tonight.  He is the most talented qb in the past draft in regards to size, arm strength etc.

Watch out!  This kid has it all.  Its up to the Pats now to foster the enviornment to get him to the next level.

The best thing the Patriots can do for Drake Maye is put his ass on the pine until they get an offensive line.  That line looked atrocious.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Mcsorley was a baller last night

drake maye looks too much like hack

• Upvote 1

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Cowboys are hosting free agent RB Dalvin Cook for a visit.

The longtime Viking played the majority of the 2023 season as a member of the Jets before joining the Ravens for their playoff push, making his debut with the team in their Divisional Round win over the Texans. He has drawn little interest this offseason after hitting free agency, making his first visit of the new league year with the Cowboys. The fact that Cook is the only running back pursued in earnest by the Cowboys should be viewed as a boost to the fantasy upside for Rico Dowdle, the latter of whom currently appears to have the inside track to the heaviest opportunity share in a thin Dallas running back corps.

• Ugh 1

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Cowboys are hosting free agent RB Dalvin Cook for a visit.

The longtime Viking played the majority of the 2023 season as a member of the Jets before joining the Ravens for their playoff push, making his debut with the team in their Divisional Round win over the Texans. He has drawn little interest this offseason after hitting free agency, making his first visit of the new league year with the Cowboys. The fact that Cook is the only running back pursued in earnest by the Cowboys should be viewed as a boost to the fantasy upside for Rico Dowdle, the latter of whom currently appears to have the inside track to the heaviest opportunity share in a thin Dallas running back corps.

Trade them izzy

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Less than 0

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

Zach Wilson has broken the game. 

On 8/25/2024 at 11:29 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

There is zero accuracy to this post.  Zero.

Size, isnt a talent and he's 6'4, same as Jayden Daniels.  He 100% doesnt have the strongest arm from the draft and he 100% does not have it all.  He's an extremely slow processor, has a terrible throwing motion, he has absolutely horrible ball placement, and a very poor decision maker under pressure.  He was taken 3rd overall and cant beat out, Jacoby Brissett.

But good post otherwise! 

• Haha 2

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-news-dalvin-cook-return-tim-patrick-trade-denzel-mims-released-01j68ekkw4gs

As this article suggests, seems like the Broncos will cut Tim Patrick.

His injury history is not good, but I'd still love to give him a shot or at least try to get him on the practice squad. Guy is a great player when healthy and could be a really nice wr4/5 type player for us.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

I honestly dont know why any fan that has followed this league and is an engaged fan would ever actually seriously say, "he looked good in the preseason"....and make any type of conclusion based on that observation.  We know w/out a shadow of a doubt that preseason Football means absolutely nothing and absolutely nothing can be drawn from any performance, especially, the QB.

Hell, week 1 means nothing these days.  The Week 1 overreactions happen every year and every year, w/out a shadow a doubt you know that you cant draw any single conclusion from a week 1 performance.  It's still preseason, essentially.  More so in this 17 game schedule than ever before but fans cant help themselves I guess.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I honestly dont know why any fan that has followed this league and is an engaged fan would ever actually seriously say, "he looked good in the preseason"....and make any type of conclusion based on that observation.  We know w/out a shadow of a doubt that preseason Football means absolutely nothing and absolutely nothing can be drawn from any performance, especially, the QB.

Hell, week 1 means nothing these days.  The Week 1 overreactions happen every year and every year, w/out a shadow a doubt you know that you cant draw any single conclusion from a week 1 performance.  It's still preseason, essentially.  More so in this 17 game schedule than ever before but fans cant help themselves I guess.

Two words.

Browning....Nagle

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Trotter said:

Mcsorley was a baller last night

drake maye looks too much like hack

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

McSorley's two TD drives was as much about PI penalty yardage as it was about him.

Hackenberg?  🤣That is funny.  Maye was actually good in college.

3 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

McSorley's two TD drives was as much about PI penalty yardage as it was about him.

I have nothing against Maye.  He's a young kid who was unfortunately drafted by the Pats but such is life.

But I have watched the TD pass to Harris everyone was talking about.  It was a comebacker 1 yard past the LOS that Harris made an incredible play on and turned into a TD.  The pass was well thrown and exactly what you want to see, but Harris was completely responsible for turning it into anything more than a 1 yard reception with a few great moves.  

Like I said, nothing against Maye, but that was 95% Harris.  Maye could turn out to be really good.  So may Williams and Daniels.  It will be fun to watch them all.  

On 8/25/2024 at 8:29 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

and it's our job to crush his spirits, beat him to a pulp with a massive amount of sacks and turn his career into a clone copy of Zackie poo seeing ghosts. 

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have nothing against Maye.  He's a young kid who was unfortunately drafted by the Pats but such is life.

But I have watched the TD pass to Harris everyone was talking about.  It was a comebacker 1 yard past the LOS that Harris made an incredible play on and turned into a TD.  The pass was well thrown and exactly what you want to see, but Harris was completely responsible for turning it into anything more than a 1 yard reception with a few great moves.  

Like I said, nothing against Maye, but that was 95% Harris.  Maye could turn out to be really good.  So may Williams and Daniels.  It will be fun to watch them all.  

I agree and disagree with the TD.  Harris did make a hell of play causing the defender to miss.  Then he took to the 'house'. 

That was a 30-yard pass on a rope.  He deserves a little credit.  I got to give him 25%.

50 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

I had commanders on the ml so for me mcsorley was a stud😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I see your Nagle and raise you a Ratliff.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Drafting Zach Wilson was like this poker hand:
33 Worst Hand Poker Images, Stock Photos, 3D objects, & Vectors |  Shutterstock

Only the guy holding that hand tried to bluff everyone for a few years.

Mildly Surprising......

Bears released QB Brett Rypien.

Rypien impressed at the Hall of Fame game earlier this month, completing 11-of-15 passes for 166 yards and three touchdowns. Unfortunately, that strong outing wasn’t enough to unseat Tyson Bagent, who will get a chance to back Caleb Williams in his rookie campaign. In 10 regular season games, Rypien has thrown for 950 yards, four touchdowns, and nine interceptions. Rypien is free to sign with another team and could end up on a practice squad in the coming days.

Related
Transaction
4m ago
Source: Tom Pelissero