Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The league is lucky Aiyuk didnt end up in Pittsburgh.   You think Fields to Moore was deadly in that sh*tty offense?  Phew, Fields to Aiyuk in Pitts would have been nasty. 

Plus pittsburgh is such a well coached and managed team little boost like that and they are winning again.

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus pittsburgh is such a well coached and managed team little boost like that and they are winning again.

They won 10 games last year and made the playoffs in by far the hardest division in Football w/ arguably as bad of QB play as the NY Jets.  Tomlin has never had a sub .500 record and will quickly recognize that he will not be able to keep that streak going w/ washed up, shell of his former self, Russell Wilson.  Tomlin is also an incredible leader and he will quickly see that Russell Wilson, is the absolute worst of the worst from a leadership perspective.  Meanwhile, Justin Fields is galvanizing the locker room and making incredible play after incredible play and they just had their first full padded practice, led by Fields and the ball, never touched the ground. 

The Steelers will win the Super Bowl, led by Justin Fields. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

They won 10 games last year and made the playoffs in by far the hardest division in Football w/ arguably as bad of QB play as the NY Jets.  Tomlin has never had a sub .500 record and will quickly recognize that he will not be able to keep that streak going w/ washed up, shell of his former self, Russell Wilson.  Tomlin is also an incredible leader and he will quickly see that Russell Wilson, is the absolute worst of the worst from a leadership perspective.  Meanwhile, Justin Fields is galvanizing the locker room and making incredible play after incredible play and they just had their first full padded practice, led by Fields and the ball, never touched the ground. 

8960A4C8-F61E-496F-8092-AC2675468126.gif

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The league is lucky Aiyuk didnt end up in Pittsburgh.   You think Fields to Moore was deadly in that sh*tty offense?  Phew, Fields to Aiyuk in Pitts would have been nasty. 

Nasty as in "awful to watch" or nasty as in "almost unstoppable"?

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

smh Rattler was an obvious target for backup QB

Instead Jets went for no-upside Jordan Travis and for doubling down on behemoth plodding RBs after already taking Braelon Allen

Terrible news about Haener’s diagnosis 

It’s as if the greatest Jets GM ever JD doesn’t know how to evaluate the qb position 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The amount of people with this delusional take is alarming...

Next, super bowl winning coach and offensive genius Sean Payton will see the athletic talents of Zach Wilson, coach him up, and turn the Broncos back into Superbowl contenders!!1!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

The amount of people with this delusional take is alarming...

Next, super bowl winning coach and offensive genius Sean Payton will see the athletic talents of Zach Wilson, coach him up, and turn the Broncos back into Superbowl contenders!!1!

Zach Wilson isnt even going to make the team.  Justin Fields is balling out w/ the one's in Pittsburgh.  This comparison is next level stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Anyway, while I don't buy too much into it, I've seen a lot of talk that Joe Milton has looked better than Drake Maye. I feel like that's easy to say in training camp when physical reps are prioritized over mental skill and reps, but it's food for thought.

@PFSIKH, what's the temperature on this one over in Pats land?

1 hour ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Anyway, while I don't buy too much into it, I've seen a lot of talk that Joe Milton has looked better than Drake Maye. I feel like that's easy to say in training camp when physical reps are prioritized over mental skill and reps, but it's food for thought.

This Is Fine GIF

It is a New England bylaw for any Patriots video posted that contains Drake Maye that someone posts "Mac Jones 2.0".  It was literally posted on his draft selection video.

Way back in the day, there was a competition where NFL QBs would throw the ball to see who could throw it the farthest.  Joe Milton would probably medal.  He is a Cam Netwon like QB.  He is huge, athletic and every pass is a 98MPH fast ball.

Which leads the NE press to post videos with the caption "Drake's arm is weaker than Miltons".  That is not verbatim, but close to a YT video I saw from one of the NE stations. 

I watched his pro day and numerous videos on Drake.  Will he be great?  IDK.  You can see the physical talent.  His throws look effortless.  Then you look at the field and the ball travels 40-50 years.  Something Mac needs a strong wind to his back to do.

The temperature is normal.  30-40% of the region think they should have drafted JJ McCarthy or trade down "because they have a feeling".  So it is back to pre-TB12/Belichick Patriot fandom or fandumb.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Zach Wilson isnt even going to make the team.  Justin Fields is balling out w/ the one's in Pittsburgh.  This comparison is next level stupid. 

I thought they should have rolled the dice on Fields in that draft.

With the 49ers package, they could have traded down AND gotten Fields plus an elite difference maker in the same draft plus future draft choices.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Maye is the easiest qb to predict to bust since Zach

Karma for patriots fans after gloating about cheating for 20 years

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I thought they should have rolled the dice on Fields in that draft.

With the 49ers package, they could have traded down AND gotten Fields plus an elite difference maker in the same draft plus future draft choices.

The other of pieces would have been nice, but Fields is bust as well. Ultimately, we'd have found ourselves back where we started -- looking for a real QB. 

While I'd certainly hesitate to call Zachy poo a blessing in disguise, I'm glad we didn't end up back in the QB market this last off season.

13 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

When you say people, are you referring to Mike Tomlin?  Have you heard of him? 

You mean the guy who added the "washed up" Russell Wilson along with adding Fields? Along with trotting out some of the worst QB rooms in the league since Ben left? I see why you're so confident in Fields.

Justin is definitely an upgrade on Mason Rudolph, so I suppose the trade was justified at the time. He can run faster and read defenses like half as well! He and Zach Wilson are gonna be really interesting backup options when they're back in free agency next March.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

You mean the guy who added the "washed up" Russell Wilson along with adding Fields? Along with trotting out some of the worst QB rooms in the league since Ben left? I see why you're so confident in Fields.

Justin is definitely an upgrade on Mason Rudolph, so I suppose the trade was justified at the time. He can run faster and read defenses like half as well! He and Zach Wilson are gonna be really interesting backup options when they're back in free agency next March.

Yes, the first ballot HOF, Super Bowl winning Head Coach, Mike Tomlin, who's never had a below .500 season.  I'm sure you're much wiser about the Football game then him and all but he did something smart after he signed Wilson.  He hedged his bets, unlike what the Jets did last year w/ Rodgers and Zach.  And because he was so smart, he's being rewarded for it now by seeing that Justin is the better player and visions of the Super Bowl are running through his head.  Naturally.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

The other of pieces would have been nice, but Fields is bust as well. Ultimately, we'd have found ourselves back where we started -- looking for a real QB. 

While I'd certainly hesitate to call Zachy poo a blessing in disguise, I'm glad we didn't end up back in the QB market this last off season.

With fields we make playoffs last 2 years don’t trade for Karen and no Hackett. Zach killed us

• Haha 1

pittsburgh is trying to make broderick jones a LT  which isnt working, yet playing fauntanu at RT when their starting LT is not great,,,strange flipping both 1st round OL positionally from where they played

word is fields is making highlight runs and throwing nice deep ball.. but everything else still the same.. sounds like ZW

13 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

pittsburgh is trying to make broderick jones a LT  which isnt working, yet playing fauntanu at RT when their starting LT is not great,,,strange flipping both 1st round OL positionally from where they played

word is fields is making highlight runs and throwing nice deep ball.. but everything else still the same.. sounds like ZW

Once fields gets in a game w/ a d coordinator game planning against him, he is toast.  He cant play the position.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yes, the first ballot HOF, Super Bowl winning Head Coach, Mike Tomlin, who's never had a below .500 season.  I'm sure you're much wiser about the Football game then him and all but he did something smart after he signed Wilson.  He hedged his bets, unlike what the Jets did last year w/ Rodgers and Zach.  And because he was so smart, he's being rewarded for it now by seeing that Justin is the better player and visions of the Super Bowl are running through his head.  Naturally.

A coach can't save a bad player, hence the "next level stupid" Sean Payton / Zach Wilson comparison. If you're convinced off a couple weeks of training camp (where only an injury led to first team reps) idk what to tell you lol

We'll find out this season 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

With fields we make playoffs last 2 years don’t trade for Karen and no Hackett. Zach killed us

Fields is bad. I think fantasy football just skewed perceptions. There is no coaching or organizational excuse for how bad he was in Chicago, just like ZW here.

His Ohio State successor went to a rookie OC team with an offense many had considered one of the worst in the league, and elevated them to a playoff team. I'm not saying Fields would have dragged us down as hard as Zach did, but I can promise we'd be looking for a new QB by now if we'd drafted Fields instead. Or else looking very tenuously at his 4th year and praying. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

You down with AOC

Yeah, you know me

No worries for these reasons. 1. This Raider defense could be the best defense in football- it that good .( this defense going on year three in the same system)   Two their starting players on the left side of the offense Lt Kolton Miller and Jackson Powers Johnson are still out.    Three This is whole new  different offense scheme they are learning - west coast offense .  ( Aoc never played in WCO)   Four Devante Adams not in camp- his wife having a baby .     
Raiders have too much talent on offense , you will see when they play preseason games.

• Haha 1