July 30th camp tweets. Pads and fans!

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's got all of preseason to fix it so it's nothing to freak out about. But it is obviously an issue that needs to be fixed. I don't know why that's so touchy for some of you to hear.

He did it last year as well .... you would have thought he would have worked on it all off season, evidently he did not. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetsons said:

He would have gained more if he cut it outside instead on in ... he looks tentative, he just has to let it go. 

Same problem he had last season.

Sounds like he hasn't made much progress.

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

T-I-P-P-Y is a newlywed.  Hes spending too much time in Poontown. 

Time to refocus.  Women weaken snaps!

I couldn't imagine being someone who tries to be annoying on an internet forum

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is early, but Stiggy is on track to be a very low cost replacement for DJ Reed next year.  Joe is going to have to find a few of these guys so we can pay the guys we need to.

Agreed.  That’s what smart teams do and also why they typically don’t overdraft or overpay for non premium positions like safeties, linebackers, run stopping DTs ..

JD has a script.  Outside of a unique talent like Sauce and a ‘value’ free agent like Reed, CBs have all been 5-6th round picks.  

Bryce Hall, Carter II, Echols, JBC, Stiggers.

Money needs to be freed up for our stars at premium positions like CB1, WR1 and Playmaker1 (Breece Hall, who is more than a RB).  The one exception I see is Jets paying Carter II at the $10M top tier rate of a slot CB.  That’s more affordable than upwards of $15-18M for Reed.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

This can be healthy and productive or a sign of trouble ahead. No idea what they are saying but second time they have been seen having this type of conversation 

Wilson definitely looks hot about something, but not gonna worry about broken locker-rooms/relations at this point.  It's practice, these are highly demanding elite-level pro players, they're gonna get hot from time to time, at (or near) each other.  We start seeing this in regular season games, it may be something to worry about, but not now.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Larz said:

This can be healthy and productive or a sign of trouble ahead. No idea what they are saying but second time they have been seen having this type of conversation 

Eventually every receiver goes crazy.  
Draft one in the first round every other year and move them out when the money is due. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

these are highly demanding elite-level pro players, they're gonna get hot from time to time, at (or near) each other.  We start seeing this in regular season games, it may be something to worry about, but not now

Same can be said about the posters here.  There is a lot of pressure on all of us.  

• Haha 2

Faria

Practice is over. Some takeaways: 

- Offense was better than yesterday but still wasn’t very good. Sloppy overall looks from everyone.
- The sloppy play includes Aaron Rodgers too. He had a bad toss to Breece Hall and was late on many throws. 
- Good day of practice for the likes of JBC, Allen Lazard, and Chazz Surratt
- OL looks like a continued work in progress but I think they are further ahead than last year 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's got all of preseason to fix it so it's nothing to freak out about. But it is obviously an issue that needs to be fixed. I don't know why that's so touchy for some of you to hear.

The thing that concerns me about this argument is that he didnt just switch to center, hes been playing it all through college and last year which makes this seem like more of the yips, then some sort of fundamental problem with his technique or tempo on the ball.  Technique can be fixed but the yips is a really scary thing and could really affect a young player.  Lets hope its something fixable.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

In that last one, it looked a bit more heat but they shook hands and laughed it off.  In this one, you can see Rodgers smiling and laughing, then G.Wil laughs and then Breece comes up, taps G.Wil and starts tapping his chest.

Here's what my insanely accurate senses are telling me; Garret Wilson wants to win, bad.  Possibly more than any other player on the team.  You could see how the losing was impacting him last year and he's getting frustrated in camp when people are not doing their jobs correctly and/or maybe even Rodgers not getting him the ball or something.  My assumption, is he didnt have anyone to bring this too the past few years who have cared.  Now, he's got Rodgers to get in people's asses and demand better and team will respond.  So he's coming to him w/ his gripes and Rodgers is either talking him down/explaining a decision or asking him, what do you want me to do?

you're welcome when this is confirmed.

You might just be right.  I’m pretty good at reading lips though and am 10.7% confident they were debating the underlying causes of World War I.  I’ve been wrong before so take with a grain of salt.  

• Haha 2

If Tipp / Spencer Long is misfiring in meaningless reps with nothing on the line, we can expect him to suddenly be automatic in the 4th Q in prime time with Javon Hargrave breathing down his neck?

This has all the makings of another Saleh negligence-induced disaster.

At least give John Simpson or somebody else some reps in case they need to make a move.

The Spencer Long deal in regular season games was an embarrassment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

The thing that concerns me about this argument is that he didnt just switch to center, hes been playing it all through college and last year which makes this seem like more of the yips, then some sort of fundamental problem with his technique or tempo on the ball.  Technique can be fixed but the yips is a really scary thing and could really affect a young player.  Lets hope its something fixable.

yea we don't need to see 40 year old Rodgers coming off Achilles jumping up to catch snaps and making him vulnerable to pass rush. I saw some clips of high snaps from last year. Maybe it is just a technique thing.

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Technique can be fixed but the yips is a really scary thing and could really affect a young player.

Let’s be real.

I wish it wasn’t but it’s gotta be the yips.

He’s been playing center for years.  It’s not as if he’s learning to snap a football for the first time in his life.

And I’m not trying to downplay any athletic task at this level, but it’s not as if we’re talking about something as complicated and nuanced as a golf swing here 😂

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This Spencer Long Jets fans are the best is pretty alarming and Saleh’s laissez-faire attitude (“I’m not concerned.  It’ll get fixed”) is going to come back to but him.

If he’s misfiring in meaningless reps with nothing on the line, we can expect him to suddenly be automatic in the 4th Q in prime time with Javon Hargrave breathing down his neck?

This has all the makings of another Saleh negligence-induced disaster.

At least give John Simpson or somebody else some reps in case they need to make a move.

The Spencer Long deal in regular season games was an embarrassment.

We should all hope this isn’t just the Tipp of something much bigger.  

• Haha 3